Sotonians.com

OldNick

It was a suggestion not a command. If thos forum has gone so badly wrong then I don't think going on about how bad it is is going to improve things. Surely better to do what the other enlightened posters have done and leave for pap's new forum?

But I thought it had become a better, less argumentative place?

But I thought it had become a better, less argumentative place?

Clearly it has. If posters want to spend their time slagging this forum off over there and then posting how it's all gone to hell over here then that's up to them. Seems a bit of a waste of time and effort though. If someone truly believes this forum is terrible now then why bother to continue contributing?

Clearly it has. If posters want to spend their time slagging this forum off over there and then posting how it's all gone to hell over here then that's up to them. Seems a bit of a waste of time and effort though. If someone truly believes this forum is terrible now then why bother to continue contributing?

If ever a sentence summed you up Hypo...

I hear your girlfriend has joined Papsweb.

No, there's been a Sleeper Verbal there for longer than that. Not posted yet, but have downvoted a chosen few...often.

Yeah, fair play. Me too. I've only set up the three accounts but a bit of down voting here and there, general mischief, that stuff. Still like Bearsy so I'll still keep him ticking over with those all important votes.

I'll reveal my usernames in the other place by the means of riddles. I'm bored now so Pappy can delete me. If he can find them all.

Here's some clues for username one.

My first is in Rigby but never in Lee.

My second is in Trousers and also in Tree

My third is in Morecambe but not in Wise

My fourth is a letter to bring tears to your eyes

My fifth is in mystery but never in jest

If you discover my indentity you're simply the best.

I'll do another one next week.

I keep forgetting about Sotonians. Don't know if lack of drama and general football but can't be arsed to visit here much these days. Maybe coincidence or that just without those that have left there is no amusingly argumentative threads. Or maybe there is as I haven't been on to read them

Expected to at least see one about women's World Cup and and big gay duck posting about how likes to bang his missus to convince us he doesn't really lust after men.

Off to Sotonians now to see what is going on there

Just had a brief look at it. It's as smug and self-congratulatory as Jo Whiley high fiving herself for bringing Brit Pop to the nation.

It's not perfect but it's better than the ****fest so many threads on this place become. You should get involved TC, needs more decent music input for a start.

Just had a brief look at it. It's as smug and self-congratulatory as Jo Whiley high fiving herself for bringing Brit Pop to the nation.

This forum is significantly weakened by the departure of those that have defected, especially Pap and Bearsy but I can't say I'm missing much by not being on the other one.

It's basically a combination of the threads from the muppet show that involved Bearsy/"Tokes"/"Spudders" general japery/joshing that I didn't get involved in anyway, and a Whatsapp group of somebody else's friends.

I've got nothing to add to that but that forum can exist perfectly well alongside this one, and I imagine a stream of comment from each forum will remain, a bit like the "main bored" stuff from the TMS of old. A minor war will continue and what fun it'll be.

If they're the Whizz-Kids then I'm happy to be a Chip-Ite.

It's not perfect but it's better than the ****fest so many threads on this place become. You should get involved TC, needs more decent music input for a start.

Is your contribution to that forum of the standard it is on here? To moan all the time and only post about how terrible the forum is or to have a go at another poster you don't like.

Damn, my poker face is better than I thought. A case of mild leg-pulling has turned into…DOWNVOTEGATE!!

My last post and CB’s before it seem to have been elevated into a full-blown conspiracy over there, with a whole raft of unintended consequences that would fill an Ealing comedy.

First, Ottery gets knifed on his way in the door at Pap Towers, accused of being CB or me.

And some poor innocent forum member, too shy so far to post, is about to have their ‘Centurion Badge’ (Que? – do you get your own Legion when you register?) confiscated, with him or her summarily dispatched to the wilderness, falsely accused of being the evil downvoter.

Then the finger is pointed briefly at a few other faceless newbies (actually unable to collect their faces at the point of entry, apparently), who are presumably forced into orange jumpsuits to await their fate.

To make matters worse, and unknown to me (for why would I give two ****s?), emperor pap himself is on the road and away from his multiscreen controls. So he thinks, evidently, that a plot has been hatched to invade while the drawbridge is down, and has gone into full conspiro-mode, promising a large-scale downvoter witch hunt.

The only voice of reason has come from dear old Brian, who has had to tell pap, et al. [note correct use of Latin abridgement], not to be so silly. It hasn’t worked.

So I thought I’d own up. Sorry chaps – I didn’t mean to cause so much havoc. I wasn’t being serious. You can stop upturning the furniture and trashing the desks. There is no evil downvoter. I wish your forum well. And I promise not to even lurk there any more. (Although did I laugh? Yes I did, annoyingly.)

CB Fry, on the other hand…

Come on Saintsweb, they are on page 4 talking about this thread already. Surely we can compete or is it that there are so few left on here that the Marie Celeste has more crew lol

Is it not that they're defined by being Saintsweb exiles, and we're not, so why would we care to be writing about them? I'm only looking at this now because there's an England match on, and literally anything else football-based is more interesting than that.

I hadn't actually noticed Bearsy had gone, but I do find him amusing. Pap to me seemed interesting in his ridiculous clinging to conspiracy theories but at least tried to explain himself. I didn't see the personal info bits, but that stuff is completely out of order so no issue with that.

...and can somebody please list those who have defected and tell me if I'll miss them?

Most have not defected at all, simply using two forums. I imagine that the only forum here to be particularly affected will be TMS, otherwise, any change will be alsmost un-noticable IMO apart from the epic Bearsy match write ups. On the plus side, you guys won't have to look at my avatar when my fiver runs out. :)

Edit: I just read this thread back and noticed that my explanations and assessment of my own situation worsened in accordance to the amount of bourbon I had consumed. Oh well! ;)

Edited by Ohio Saint

Pap got banned. He took his drinking mates and set up another forum.

fuçk that, just had a look. Seems to be all about being friendly to each other and shiz.

For my part, I do claim to have introduced Lou to TMS through my 'girl games / boy games' thread, and therefore by proxy initiated the entire schism. However this claim may also be bôllocks.

Shame about Bletch. Liked him.

Well, how does one choose, the fresh all new Sotonian forum, or the tried and tested saintsweb. It is type of dilema that makes life such a struggle, what should I do, I have made an appointment with my doctor and will let you all know ahat he advises.

Well, how does one choose, the fresh all new Sotonian forum, or the tried and tested saintsweb. It is type of dilema that makes life such a struggle, what should I do, I have made an appointment with my doctor and will let you all know ahat he advises.

I had a look and It's basically the equivalent of a bunch of guardian readers over there, patting themselves on the back and full of smug self congratulation about how subversive they are. It would be interesting if it wasn't just a message board and ultimately just a way to pass the time in between work and the rest of life.

To help you with your dilemma: Brum Boy's vanity project is a front for the fallen Ego's gangster pals.

Be warned.

I had a look and It's basically the equivalent of a bunch of guardian readers over there, patting themselves on the back and full of smug self congratulation about how subversive they are. It would be interesting if it wasn't just a message board and ultimately just a way to pass the time in between work and the rest of life.

Are you saying this isn't???

[/b]

Are you saying this isn't???

No. I'm saying starting an alternative forum and then creating a thread all about the forum you used to post on simply because you got made fun of for an idiotic post is quite lame. As is having a go at some posters for taking the time to sign up to the new forum whilst simultaneously spending loads of time and effort making cartoons about the old forum. Go and enjoy this new, non abusive superior forum. Why do some still feel the need to refer back to this place or come on here and moan about how awful it is?

Edited by hypochondriac

Once someone watches a match and then decides that saints will never win the Champions league you know not to take them seriously.

Go back and read the thread again. 1. I never said that Saints would never win the Champions League. 2. Plenty of people (reasonable people) got my point and debated it reasonably. It would appear that reasonable people took me seriously.

Go back and read the thread again. 1. I never said that Saints would never win the Champions League. 2. Plenty of people (reasonable people) got my point and debated it reasonably. It would appear that reasonable people took me seriously.

Oh we got your point. It was just a really stupid point and when you were pulled up on it you stomped off to start a thread bemoaning how people had pulled you up on it over there. If you want an independent and new forum then *****ing about this place probably isn't the best way to go.

So just to clear, the new fresh site is for liberal, independently minded chaps and this one is for those with a for the more traditional less tolerent chaps. Guardian v Mail types you might say.

Supposedly so and yet oddly there's an awful lot of abuse flung towards posters from here.