Transfer update on Clyne, Schneiderlin and transfer priorities

Saint-Armstrong

My quick arithmetic suggests something over 3 million pounds a season, if the new seats sold at 35 pounds each. Not a huge amount in the scheme of things, but with financial fair play not completely trivial. It would, for example, allow us to pay one player enough to keep him from going to Liverpool for the money.

I assumed on average we'd sell 3,500 of them over the season, and clear £20 after VAT and direct costs.

I assumed on average we'd sell 3,500 of them over the season, and clear £20 after VAT and direct costs.

Sounds plausible--although we would probably sell the full 5000 for the higher priced games. But the range is surely 1.5 to 3 million which is small but not trivial.

with FFP, having a bigger ground would enable us to move up a bit in term of FFP.

whether that is worth the cost of actaully putting extra seats in, god knows.

The £25 membership scheme helps too.

As does maintaining reasonably high ticket prices.

There is lots of commercial growth to come though. The club have publicly said they are targeting 2016/17 season for that (new sponsor etc.)

Sounds plausible--although we would probably sell the full 5000 for the higher priced games. But the range is surely 1.5 to 3 million which is small but not trivial.

Yes but on the other hand a significant proportion would go to season tickets and concessions.

A footnote on Jeremy Wilson's piece on the Stekelenburg/Slattery story...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/11692693/Southampton-sign-Maarten-Stekelenburg-from-Fulham-on-loan-as-cover-for-Fraser-Forster.html

"Another Saints player of interest to both Arsène Wenger and Louis van Gaal is Morgan Schneiderlin, with Manchester United expected to make a bid imminently. Southampton value Schneiderlin at £25 million and that fee, coupled with the midfield emergence of Francis Coquelin and Santi Cazorla, has caused some hesitation at Arsenal. Wenger had wanted to sign Schneiderlin in January."

It's something that exists almost entirely in the minds of people on football forums.

People on football forums and, it seems, Ronald Koeman.

David Albelda

In 2007 David Albelda was regarded as one of Spain's finest midfielders and the lynchpin for a Valencia side that was the best of the rest behind Barcelona and Real Madrid. That was until Ronald Koeman took over. Albelda had just signed a new deal with the club until 2011, but one of Koeman's first actions was to exile the Valencia captain from the first-team, alongside team-mates Santiago Canizares and Miguel Angulo.

After six months on the sidelines Albelda demanded the club cancel his contract. When they refused, he threatened legal action. However, it would all work out for the holding midfielder later in the season, as Koeman was sacked and was re-instated to the first-team.

Read more at http://talksport.com/magazine/features/120906/malouda-tevez-bogarde-and-more-exiled-footballers-180392#Sgz8PF3YBRXKukmY.99

Having said that it's probably worth pointing out again for the sake of clarity that, 4 days after my original post, I'm still not suggesting Clyne would be "banished to rot with the kids".

No not an ITK' date=' just been told by someone who I think would know. Said a deal has been agreed between the clubs. However, from what I can tell these days, that is just the start.[/quote']

With big deals like that, it seems to be the fee is the hardest thing to agree. We shall find out soon, I guess.

That's what I hear as well.

Did you hear that from an independant source or does it come from the bloke who writes in the Sun on Twitter ?

If there's any substance to the rumour then the bookies are just asking to be shafted, except Unibet who suddenly made the move to Arsenal odds on yesterday in the late afternoon.

Did you hear that from an independant source or does it come from the bloke who writes in the Sun on Twitter ?

If there's any substance to the rumour then the bookies are just asking to be shafted, except Unibet who suddenly made the move to Arsenal odds on yesterday in the late afternoon.

I had a look around to see who's posting it on Twitter... Main chap I found was this guy.

Murray Groves ‏@MurrayGroves

Schneiderlin to Arsenal is edging closer after #afc have finally reached an agreement with #saintsfc. Manchester Utd still keen #mufc

Schneiderlin deal likely to be in the region of £24m. Arsenal is preferred destination. Tottenham bid not reached valuation.

I had a look around to see who's posting it on Twitter... Main chap I found was this guy.

Schneiderlin to Arsenal is edging closer after #afc have finally reached an agreement with #saintsfc. Manchester Utd still keen #mufc

Schneiderlin deal likely to be in the region of £24m. Arsenal is preferred destination. Tottenham bid not reached valuation.

In his Twitter profile he describes himself as...

"Reputable established football associate. 17 years of experience in intermediary/third party sponsoring."

Shouldn't that be for others to decide rather than labelling yourself! :D

I like the way that all the Twitter talk on Morgan is based on this thread saying 25million deal is done; which is itself based on Twitter talk, which is based on this thread, which is based on Twitter talk....
But its not though. There are a few people on here who have a bit of access to reasonably ITK information.

But its not though. There are a few people on here who have a bit of access to reasonably ITK information.

Yet to see anything posted on here with regards to Morgan from anyone I personally would put credence in. There are some proper, well established ITKs on here who post very very good information, and some quieter ITKs who post good information by omission (if you follow).

I'm not saying anything stupid like Morgan isn't off, but for me I've yet to see info from anyone I trust.

The gooners on Twitter are linking to this exact thread as their evidence of a done deal too ffs!

I think k billy more or less said that clyne is staying and schneiderlin is going? He's about as itk as anyone gets on here.

From a source at work if you must know, they were right about Mane and Juanmi.

Hope he does go to Arsenal soon. He's going to go, deserves his move and we can replace him quickly. I'd hate to see him at Utd or Spurs. Surprised more aren't going for him, and that any are put off at £25m, it's a very good price for an excellent midfielder of that consistency.

If I were man city or Chelsea I'd be straight in there with £25-30m to get it wrapped up.

Agree with all that. (Although I'd be fine with him @ Utd). Spurs or Liverpool would really p*ss me off.

Hope he does go to Arsenal soon. He's going to go, deserves his move and we can replace him quickly. I'd hate to see him at Utd or Spurs. Surprised more aren't going for him, and that any are put off at £25m, it's a very good price for an excellent midfielder of that consistency.

If I were man city or Chelsea I'd be straight in there with £25-30m to get it wrapped up.

Except that defensive midfielders don't warrant that price tag...25M is top whack for Schneiderlin

No problem is Morgan goes for £25m, as others have said - I would be annoyed if he ended up at Spurs or Liverpool.

He has given everything he can to the club during his time here and will go to Arsenal with many supporters blessing. If it allows Saints to reinvest and buy two players with the money then great, personally Krychowiak and Imbula would be excellent signings to complement the squad and immediately strengthen the 1st XI.

Heard this is done too, would rather he went there than the other clubs linked. We always knew he was going this summer so it's not a shock. I hope he does well there. Arsenal making some shrewd signings, a couple more and they could be an outside bet for the title

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

This just seems the most obvious transfer ever, if it happens. From the outside, he just fits that club like a glove. Would be a great move for him, for us in terms of fee, and for Arsenal. Cech and Morgan down the spine, with potentially a new striker to come. They're not going to be far off.

Especially when they're still offering 2-1 on a "done deal" in the case of Skybet. A couple of hours after this bomb of information you could still get 4s.

Try getting a decent amount of money down and then get back to us.

Bookies don't expect/care about making serious money on these markets. It's a service offered to attract customers