Osvaldo, Ramirez

9-3

I wonder how ramirez would play under koeman, whether theres a chance. I know there's a danger of thinking of koeman as the miracle maker, but still.

Was it his decision that ramirez go to hull or had he already gone?

Still only 24 !!,I would like to see him given a season with us under Koeman,I know many have written him off but I think he could fill the 10 role well,when he was on his game he looked awsome,but when he wasn't he looked lost,just need to find some consistency

I wonder how ramirez would play under koeman, whether theres a chance. I know there's a danger of thinking of koeman as the miracle maker, but still.

Was it his decision that ramirez go to hull or had he already gone?

I don't think anyone knows who made the decision. He was certainly a part of the picture under Koeman. Some rumours suggested Ramirez himself wanted to be first choice somewhere and Koeman couldn't guarantee him that, while others say it was a squad juggling decision made by the club as freeing up his wages allowed us to get Toby in etc.

I don't think anyone knows who made the decision. He was certainly a part of the picture under Koeman. Some rumours suggested Ramirez himself wanted to be first choice somewhere and Koeman couldn't guarantee him that' date=' while others say it was a squad juggling decision made by the club as freeing up his wages allowed us to get Toby in etc.[/quote']

nice info, thanks. didn't actually know there was anything out there on it - its interesting to know he was at very least considered

Still only 24 !!,I would like to see him given a season with us under Koeman,I know many have written him off but I think he could fill the 10 role well,when he was on his game he looked awsome,but when he wasn't he looked lost,just need to find some consistency

Pangy, I was one who always said give him time and he might come good. But we are 3 years through a 4 year contract and he still hasn't come good. There were some flashes that led to the oft used "he has the skill, but.." comments that so many, myself included, used. And then at Hull he was awful. Maybe he was unhappy up there etc and couldn't settle, but his time there didn't improve his standing anywhere.

So the choices are...

1) Keep him for his final year where he no doubt would leave us for a free, also being paid a huge amount

2) Sell him for as much as possible

3) Extend his contract.

Which would you choose?

The Mirror...

Ciao Gaston?

After what has been basically a disastrous spell in English football, Gaston Ramirez could be offered a return to Italy - by Champions League Lazio.

According to Il Messaggero, the Uruguayan is on the Biancocelesti's radar.

His reputation has plummeted in England since arriving from Bologna for £12million three years ago, but he remains well though of in Italy.

He spent last season on loan at Hull - who were of course relegated - and a fee of £3.8million has been mooted.

anyone know if we have been receiving a loan fee in addition to the clubs paying their wages, or have the deals been weighted in their favour with no loan fee and us having to pay a percentage of their wages? My guess is the latter.

I still feel gaston is a top talent have always liked him as a player, started very brightly under Adkins but once Adkins left he found himself as a big part player under pochetino. Basically poch fancied jay rod and lallana over gaston and its not easy to be a world beater when in and out of the side with sub appearances you can ask falcao.

It's a shame he gets tarred with the same brush as Osvaldo I honestly believe if he got the same amount of starts as a Steven Davis or ward prouse he would cream them stats wise!

I still feel gaston is a top talent have always liked him as a player, started very brightly under Adkins but once Adkins left he found himself as a big part player under pochetino. Basically poch fancied jay rod and lallana over gaston and its not easy to be a world beater when in and out of the side with sub appearances you can ask falcao.

It's a shame he gets tarred with the same brush as Osvaldo I honestly believe if he got the same amount of starts as a Steven Davis or ward prouse he would cream them stats wise!

Giving him starts is one thing, but getting some finishes out of him is another, hardly ever plays 90 minutes. He is a wasted talent, but too many delayed returns from internationals, injuries and basic lackadaisicalness has prevetned him getting a run. At least the international duties seem to have dried up.

I also kept hoping Gaston, would come good.

If we can sell him for anything like a reasonable fee, sadly I think we should

We won't get any more than we would for a year's loan fee, couple of million at most, we don't want Gaston and he's been

on the sidelines for too long to give him any intrinsic value. Couple of million from Bologna or Cagliari is about it.

What if Gaston was so happy here he would accept a new 3 year deal on a smaller contract, would you take him or would you rather sell him at a loss of about 8m? Though the percentage of us wanting him for 3 more years combined with a footballer willing to take a pay cut means this has a 0.000000001% chance of happening.

I don't see the logic of this proposal. If he's not good enough why would we keep him on any money? Using this logic - I would play for nothing so that makes a good business decision - well actually no because the money is not relevant, it's the skill that matters and Gaston plainly is not good enough....at any price....

They were both present today for training......there is an amusing video of Kelvin introducing himself to them...again.

You hear how much Kelvin Is integral to the club,well this sums it up.....his entrance today was quite amusing today also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can only hope a good solution is found for Osvaldo which would mean he doesn't darken the doors at SMS again.

Meanwhile......

Gaston is back training and looking like " one of the boys " which may make his eventual move back to Italy on August 31st seem more like a " normal " transfer.

We can only hope a good solution is found for Osvaldo which would mean he doesn't darken the doors at SMS again.

Meanwhile......

Gaston is back training and looking like " one of the boys " which may make his eventual move back to Italy on August 31st seem more like a " normal " transfer.

Whatever situation is found for him, he'll never come back here. I doubt the players would be happy to see him what so ever, horrendous human being. Makes me sick that he's probably getting around 50k p/w from us right now, for doing utterly **** all. There's no surprise he didn't turn up for pre-season, but he's still a ****.

I mean if I was employeed and I didn't turn up for work, beat up my bosses and work mates, did the same when I was on secondments (whilst having wild sex parties), then I'm pretty sure I'd have been sacked and my contract ripped up. Why on earth can't we do the same here? He's clearly been in breach of it 1000000000000x times.

Whether he stays or not, there were a number of games last season, especially at home, where Ramirez could easily have started instead of JWP or Davis.

Still far more likely to produce something leading to a goal than either of those, but we probably can't afford a 60k a week player who isnt a first choice all the time.

Shame it hasnt worked out, because he is a very good player, just probably better suited to a slower, more technical league.

It seemed to me that Gaston was the first player to walk through the door this morning. Maybe the penny Chad dropped and he is ready to buckle down to some hard graft on the training ground and really fight to get back in the fold.

I don't see the logic of this proposal. If he's not good enough why would we keep him on any money? Using this logic - I would play for nothing so that makes a good business decision - well actually no because the money is not relevant, it's the skill that matters and Gaston plainly is not good enough....at any price....

I think he is and others do as well. Has that something special to win you a tight game. The other logic is not having a 12m signing leave for nothing next season.

I don't think you've understood my logic.

I don't want loads of wannabe footballers playing for nothing, Gaston is an international for a major country in football.

Edited by Saint IQ

2 spectacular flops - Cortese's transfer record was pretty solid but these along with the likes of Mayuka, Lee and Forren show you don't win 'em all..

Gaston will be easier to shift off our wage bill I think - we may be prepared just to loan him out until his contract runs down which is fine by me although it does represent a significant loss in transfer fee.

Osvaldo is a different beast, clubs will be reticent to go for a permanent deal because of his behaviour so he'll probably be carted around on loan to different clubs before finally finding somewhere. I wonder if any of the 'new money' clubs will be interested in him - somewhere in the MLS/China/Middle East?

Osvaldo's loan spell to Boca officially finishes today (30-6-15). Presumably, in the absence of official "stay away" request we would normally be returning to Saints for pre-season training today or tomorrow. Its fairly obvious that he will not be allowed to return to skipper Jose Fontes squad pre-season so I fully expect a gardening leave type of situation in which he stays away until his agents and saints have found an exit strategy either permanent or another loan.

Given his track record at disaffecting team mates is so high I fear his extreme level of toxicity will make him almost unsellable unless at a very cut price rate, hence loans and eventually a (high-ish) pay as you go deal for him as a free agent in the future i reckon.

I personally would prefer to sell him for £2M and get him off the books than another "free" loan with the other club paying his (reduced) wages. I reckon he's had 3 pay cuts since leaving saints and lost every commercial sponsor or down to bare bones...he took a big wage cut to join Juve, would not have got a pay rise at Inter and boca cant afford his EPL wages either...consequently for £2m and maybe £25-30K/pw someone desperate might take a chance- a newly promoted Italian Serie A team or a lower level Serie A is my bet for his best outcome hoping to redeem himself in Italy but I've got a sneaky feeling he may also go turkey... Basically if Inter and Juve and Roma don't want him then the lower orders might in Italy...

Forgot to add that Osvaldo may be within his rights to refuse unless he gets his reputed £50kpw for remainder of his current contract so a "compromise" exit strategy agreement might happen- ie we effectively pay off part of his contract if he accepts a lower weekly wage somewhere else as part of a sale. He could get a £1M bung basically from Saints - so we'd need sell him for £3m, give him a compromise £1m to eff off and he accepts £30k pw somewhere else...its dirty work...

Forgot to add that Osvaldo may be within his rights to refuse unless he gets his reputed £50kpw for remainder of his current contract so a "compromise" exit strategy agreement might happen- ie we effectively pay off part of his contract if he accepts a lower weekly wage somewhere else as part of a sale. He could get a £1M bung basically from Saints - so we'd need sell him for £3m, give him a compromise £1m to eff off and he accepts £30k pw somewhere else...its dirty work...

I sort of wish now that we had sacked him for gross misconduct after the Jose incident so that we would have saved on his total salary. I guess the only reason we didn't was that we reckoned that we'd get a sizeable transfer fee for him, in hindsight though, maybe the former was the better option !

I sort of wish now that we had sacked him for gross misconduct after the Jose incident so that we would have saved on his total salary. I guess the only reason we didn't was that we reckoned that we'd get a sizeable transfer fee for him, in hindsight though, maybe the former was the better option !

We were never going to do that because clubs...well don't do that with expensive players. Most would have just banged their heads together and told them to get along but well we panicked and tried to offload a major salary at the same time.

I've been a long time "supporter" of GR but his application in matches is just not good enough - you cannot afford passengers in matches in the PL and at best he has been that on too many occasions.

I think he is a player that is useful when a team are sitting back looking for a draw or that counter attacking goal (which happened to us a fair bit last season) but in an end to end game against the bigger sides he could be a liability