The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Not when half the tickets (conservative estimate) ended up in the hands of others, with those whose customer numbers were used being unable/unwilling to travel to Arnhem, thereby ruling them out of Midtjylland because of the "collection with ID" thing.

You really think half the tickets (conservative estimate) ended up in others hands? No doubt, there were quite a few who couldn't go; but ultimately they were bought with season tickets with plenty of aways on them. At some point, the original season ticket holders would have had to do the miles (unless there's a huge, underground group that just rents its season tickets out to collect aways - news to me) -suggesting theyre not the types to readily turn down a trip to Europe without good reason. If it is more than half, then that's pretty staggering.

Edited by shurlock

You really think half the tickets (conservative estimate) ended up in others hands? No doubt, there were quite a few who couldn't go; but ultimately they were bought with season tickets with plenty of aways on them. At some point, the original season ticket holders would have had to do the miles (unless there's a huge, underground group that just rents its season tickets out to collect aways - news to me) -suggesting theyre not the types to readily turn down a trip to Europe without good reason. If it is more than half, then that's pretty staggering.
There's not a huge underground group, but people are always lending their customer numbers to others. Plus a Euro away midweek has a different appeal to Watford on a Sunday for example.

If any of you lot want away tickets for Midtjylland, I'd advise getting on the ticket site sharpish, before everybody cracks on. I logged in at 9.00am and had bought mine within 30 seconds. No queue on the site at the moment.

If any of you lot want away tickets for Midtjylland, I'd advise getting on the ticket site sharpish, before everybody cracks on. I logged in at 9.00am and had bought mine within 30 seconds. No queue on the site at the moment.

Tickets are still only avialble to those who qualify

Tickets are still only avialble to those who qualify

Sure, but massively relaxed. You don't need to have been at Vitesse or have 10 - 12 aways now. If you're a season ticket holder with 6 aways on your number that'll do it. Must be a helluva lot more people that qualify for that than there was with the previous restrictions.

There's not a huge underground group, but people are always lending their customer numbers to others. Plus a Euro away midweek has a different appeal to Watford on a Sunday for example.

Pretty much every single person I know with a Season Ticket lends their customer number on occasion.

There's no doubt in my mind that a large chunk of people who were in Arnhem and had tickets weren't directly eligible - our group had about 40% of people who were there because they knew someone who couldn't go but could get a ticket.

Either way, anyone with 3+ aways and an ST will be able to buy today, and all of those people were in that category - we could have sold out within 10 minutes had they chosen to be a lot less restrictive but as long as they sell within the sales period they've done it right. And if they don't, you have to wonder what our appetite for European travel is!

Lets not lose sight that it IS a Thursday night in Denmark as well, that's 2 days at least away from work, and the number of people able to get that booked is going to be limited too.

Not any old 1500, though: largely the most committed segment of the fanbase.

Theoretically, but evidently Arnhem was as much about them giving tickets to their friends if they couldn't go.

Looks to me like the allocation for (at least) the first group game should be Midtjylland +8 aways (we know that's not even 400 people), then Midtjylland others (can't be more than 550 in total), and then increments of Vitesse +aways.

Apart from anything we're unlikely to get a smaller allocation many places than we will for Midtjylland, and with the ID requirement we know the people in Denmark are actually the people with the aways against their names.

Plus for the bigger allocations other people can start adding themselves - now is a perfect time for people who didn't go to Arnhem to get themselves on the priority list.

Theoretically, but evidently Arnhem was as much about them giving tickets to their friends if they couldn't go.

Looks to me like the allocation for (at least) the first group game should be Midtjylland +8 aways (we know that's not even 400 people), then Midtjylland others (can't be more than 550 in total), and then increments of Vitesse +aways.

Apart from anything we're unlikely to get a smaller allocation many places than we will for Midtjylland, and with the ID requirement we know the people in Denmark are actually the people with the aways against their names.

Plus for the bigger allocations other people can start adding themselves - now is a perfect time for people who didn't go to Arnhem to get themselves on the priority list.

Would be nice if those of us who are going in the home end in Denmark could have moved a couple of rungs up the ladder on the priority list.....

I'm after some friends...going on my own. Flying into Copenhagen on Weds morning and flying back on Saturday morning. Getting the train at 10am on Thursday, and staying in Herning on the Thursday night. Anyone else doing similar?

I'm very similar, 13:35 Easyjet Wednesday to Copenhagen, Hotel Ansgar, train 10:00 Thursday to Herning, Hotel Østergade, train Friday morning to Copenhagen airport. I'll pm you my mobile number. How will we all recognise each other, red carnations in our buttonholes? ;)

I'm very similar, 13:35 Easyjet Wednesday to Copenhagen, Hotel Ansgar, train 10:00 Thursday to Herning, Hotel Østergade, train Friday morning to Copenhagen airport. I'll pm you my mobile number. How will we all recognise each other, red carnations in our buttonholes? ;)

Red carnations in your bumholes?

Two of our group planning to go next week have had their holiday requests refused today, visited the ticket office on the way home after the game tonight and the 'official response' is that "..we cannot refund the tickets and re allocate to someone who is actually able to attend the game in Denmark." Is there anyone who wants 2 away tickets who would be willing to meet at the Ticket office to negotiate the transfer of the 2 we have purchased which will go to waste if there is no flexibility to be shown by the ticket office to offer to people who can make the game next week.

Two of our group planning to go next week have had their holiday requests refused today, visited the ticket office on the way home after the game tonight and the 'official response' is that "..we cannot refund the tickets and re allocate to someone who is actually able to attend the game in Denmark." Is there anyone who wants 2 away tickets who would be willing to meet at the Ticket office to negotiate the transfer of the 2 we have purchased which will go to waste if there is no flexibility to be shown by the ticket office to offer to people who can make the game next week.

I would love two tickets in the away end (I have two in the home end) and would more than happily buy them from you, but I don't see how you get round the Photo ID problem???

I would love two tickets in the away end (I have two in the home end) and would more than happily buy them from you, but I don't see how you get round the Photo ID problem???

Agree that the photo ID for ticket exchange in Denmark on match day is not an option without the PhotoID. The only way we can think of is if we can arrange to meet at the Ticket Office at St Mary's to 'negotiate' with them to allow us to get a refund and then re sell them to you so the tickets are in your name, but that again could be problematic if you do not meet the lowest selling criteria for the match as published by the club for these 2 tickets. Would you qualify under the criteria down to yesterday when they sold out?

Agree that the photo ID for ticket exchange in Denmark on match day is not an option without the PhotoID. The only way we can think of is if we can arrange to meet at the Ticket Office at St Mary's to 'negotiate' with them to allow us to get a refund and then re sell them to you so the tickets are in your name, but that again could be problematic if you do not meet the lowest selling criteria for the match as published by the club for these 2 tickets. Would you qualify under the criteria down to yesterday when they sold out?

Unfortunately not.

So, let's have a look at Saints' pot-seeding possibilities for the Group Stage... Our coefficient is 16.078 and coefficients do not change throughout the competition.

The Group stage draws are seeded into 4 pots, one team from each pot to be drawn into every group. There are 12 groups in total, A-L, hence 12 teams in each pot. Those paying attention will have worked out this means 4 teams in each group (so 6 matches, 3 home and 3 away).

Pot 1 is the top coefficient teams, down to Pot 4 for the lowest coefficients.

At this stage there are 16 new teams entering, 10 Champions League Play-Off Round losers, and the 22 winners of the Europa League Play-Off Rounds, to give 48 teams into the Europa League Group Stage.

Teams directly entering into Group Stage:

1 Germany Schalke 04 CC: 111.883

2 Italy Napoli CC: 84.102

3 England Tottenham Hotspur CC: 84.078

4 Spain Villarreal CC: 58.999

5 France Marseille CC: 55.483

6 Ukraine Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk CC: 52.033

7 Portugal Braga CC: 51.776

8 Italy Fiorentina CC: 49.102

9 Belgium Anderlecht CC: 47.440

10 England Liverpool CC: 47.078

11 Turkey Beşiktaş CC: 36.520

12 Russia Lokomotiv Moscow CC: 23.099

13 FC Basel Switzerland 84.875 OR Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC Israel 18.200 (CL POR loser - both above Saints)

14 Lazio Italy OR Germany Bayer Leverkusen (CL POR loser - both above Saints)

15 Manchester United England OR Belgium Club Brugge (CL POR loser - both above Saints)

16 Sporting Lisbon Portugal OR Russia CSKA Moscow (CL POR loser - both above Saints)

17 Valencia Spain OR France Monaco (CL POR loser - both above Saints)

As you can see, there are already more than 12 teams with higher coefficients than Saints (above), so we can't be seeded in the top Pot (and 5 of the Pot 2 slots are already taken too).

----------------------------------------

However the teams below will definitely be ranked below Saints - if there are 12 of them we'll be in at worst in seeding Pot 3, but 24 of them will need to be below Saints to get us seeded into Pot 2: Unfortunately at the moment there are only 6 teams or play-off round pairings definitely worse ranked than Saints:

1 Germany Augsburg CC: 15.883

2 Either FC Krasnodar (RUS) 15.099 or HJK Helsinki (FIN) 11.140

3 Greece Asteras Tripoli CC: 13.380

4 Either Altach (AUT) 5.135 or Belenenses (POR) 12.276

5 Netherlands Groningen CC: 8.695

6 Switzerland Sion CC: 8.375

The teams in bold below winning their tie will also go below Saints - there are 19 ties here:

Steaua Bucureşti (ROU) 40.251 v Rosenborg (NOR) 11.875

Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) 41.825 v Vojvodina (SRB) 6.275

Ajax (NED) 66.195 v Jablonec (CZE) 9.325

Molde (NOR) 10.375 v Standard Liège (BEL) 25.440

Žilina (SVK) 8.750 v Athletic Club (ESP) 56.999

Zorya Luhansk (UKR) 10.533 v Legia Warszawa (POL) 24.800

Milsami Orhei (MDA) 3.750 v Saint-Étienne (FRA) 16.983

Young Boys (SUI) 31.375 v Qarabağ (AZE) 11.500

PAOK (GRE) 40.880 v Brøndby (DEN) 7.460

Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA) 24.483 v Kairat Almaty (KAZ) 2.575

Dinamo Minsk (BLR) 9.650 v FC Salzburg (AUT) 43.135

Slovan Liberec (CZE) 16.325 v Hajduk Split (CRO) 11.200

Qäbälä (AZE) 2.750 v Panathinaikos (GRE) 19.880

Astra Giurgiu (ROU) 9.759 v AZ Alkmaar (NED) 46.695

Lech Poznań (POL) 17.300 v Videoton (HUN) 7.950

Rabotnicki (MKD) 4.675 v Rubin Kazan (RUS) 57.099

Atromitos (GRE) 10.380 v Fenerbahçe (TUR) 30.020

Odds BK (NOR) 2.875 v Borussia Dortmund (GER) 99.883

Sparta Praha (CZE) 30.825 v FC Thun (SUI) 10.375

There will also be 10 Champions League Losers dropping in from the CL Play-Off Round - those in bold (potentially 5 more) would be lower ranked than Saints:

Astana Kazakhstan 3.825 v APOEL FC Cyp 35.460

KS Skënderbeu Alb 5.575 v Dinamo Zagreb Cro 24.700

Celtic Sco 39.080 v Malmö FF Swe 12.545

FC BATE Borisov Blr 35.150 v FK Partizan Srb 14.775

Rapid Wien Austria 15.635 v Ukraine Shakhtar Donetsk 86.033

That could be as many as 30 teams with worse co-efficients than Saints (but it's incredibly unlikely). Pot 3 seems the most likely - 5 CL underdogs losing, and only 1 EL upset needed - we'd need to find another 12 upsets to get us into Pot 2 - which of course would be massively beneficial as then we wouldn't have to finish above TWO teams with better ranking coefficients than us in the Group to make the knockout stages.

Something to keep an eye on for if we get past Midtjylland, anyway. :)

So last nights results for those teams that could affect our seeding pot......

Steaua Bucureşti (ROU) 40.251 v Rosenborg (NOR) 11.875 0-3 :)

Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) 41.825 v Vojvodina (SRB) 6.275 3-0

Ajax (NED) 66.195 v Jablonec (CZE) 9.325 1-0

Molde (NOR) 10.375 v Standard Liège (BEL) 25.440 2-0 :)

Žilina (SVK) 8.750 v Athletic Club (ESP) 56.999 3-2 :)

Zorya Luhansk (UKR) 10.533 v Legia Warszawa (POL) 24.800 0-1

Milsami Orhei (MDA) 3.750 v Saint-Étienne (FRA) 16.983 1-1

Young Boys (SUI) 31.375 v Qarabağ (AZE) 11.500 0-1 :)

PAOK (GRE) 40.880 v Brøndby (DEN) 7.460 5-0

Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA) 24.483 v Kairat Almaty (KAZ) 2.575 1-0

Dinamo Minsk (BLR) 9.650 v FC Salzburg (AUT) 43.135 2-0 :)

Slovan Liberec (CZE) 16.325 v Hajduk Split (CRO) 11.200 1-0

Qäbälä (AZE) 2.750 v Panathinaikos (GRE) 19.880 0-0

Astra Giurgiu (ROU) 9.759 v AZ Alkmaar (NED) 46.695 3-2 :)

Lech Poznań (POL) 17.300 v Videoton (HUN) 7.950 3-0

Rabotnicki (MKD) 4.675 v Rubin Kazan (RUS) 57.099 1-1

Atromitos (GRE) 10.380 v Fenerbahçe (TUR) 30.020 0-1

Odds BK (NOR) 2.875 v Borussia Dortmund (GER) 99.883 3-4

Sparta Praha (CZE) 30.825 v FC Thun (SUI) 10.375 3-1

So 6 ties going in our favour. Pretty likely that we'll still be in pot 3 though IF (and a big IF!) we get past Midtjylland.

So last nights results for those teams that could affect our seeding pot......

Steaua Bucureşti (ROU) 40.251 v Rosenborg (NOR) 11.875 0-3 :)

Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) 41.825 v Vojvodina (SRB) 6.275 3-0

Ajax (NED) 66.195 v Jablonec (CZE) 9.325 1-0

Molde (NOR) 10.375 v Standard Liège (BEL) 25.440 2-0 :)

Žilina (SVK) 8.750 v Athletic Club (ESP) 56.999 3-2 :)

Zorya Luhansk (UKR) 10.533 v Legia Warszawa (POL) 24.800 0-1

Milsami Orhei (MDA) 3.750 v Saint-Étienne (FRA) 16.983 1-1

Young Boys (SUI) 31.375 v Qarabağ (AZE) 11.500 0-1 :)

PAOK (GRE) 40.880 v Brøndby (DEN) 7.460 5-0

Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA) 24.483 v Kairat Almaty (KAZ) 2.575 1-0

Dinamo Minsk (BLR) 9.650 v FC Salzburg (AUT) 43.135 2-0 :)

Slovan Liberec (CZE) 16.325 v Hajduk Split (CRO) 11.200 1-0

Qäbälä (AZE) 2.750 v Panathinaikos (GRE) 19.880 0-0

Astra Giurgiu (ROU) 9.759 v AZ Alkmaar (NED) 46.695 3-2 :)

Lech Poznań (POL) 17.300 v Videoton (HUN) 7.950 3-0

Rabotnicki (MKD) 4.675 v Rubin Kazan (RUS) 57.099 1-1

Atromitos (GRE) 10.380 v Fenerbahçe (TUR) 30.020 0-1

Odds BK (NOR) 2.875 v Borussia Dortmund (GER) 99.883 3-4

Sparta Praha (CZE) 30.825 v FC Thun (SUI) 10.375 3-1

So 6 ties going in our favour. Pretty likely that we'll still be in pot 3 though IF (and a big IF!) we get past Midtjylland.

Was going to ask how the CL qualifiers are going too? ;)

Astana Kazakhstan 3.825 v APOEL FC Cyp 35.460

KS Skënderbeu Alb 5.575 v Dinamo Zagreb Cro 24.700

Celtic Sco 39.080 v Malmö FF Swe 12.545

FC BATE Borisov Blr 35.150 v FK Partizan Srb 14.775

Rapid Wien Austria 15.635 v Ukraine Shakhtar Donetsk 86.033

Edited by The9

How are the CL qualifiers going? ;)

There will also be 10 Champions League Losers dropping in from the CL Play-Off Round - those in bold (potentially 5 more) would be lower ranked than Saints:

Astana Kazakhstan 3.825 v APOEL FC Cyp 35.460 1-0 :)

KS Skënderbeu Alb 5.575 v Dinamo Zagreb Cro 24.700 1-2 :(

Celtic Sco 39.080 v Malmö FF Swe 12.545 3-2 :(

FC BATE Borisov Blr 35.150 v FK Partizan Srb 14.775 1-0 :(

Rapid Wien Austria 15.635 v Ukraine Shakhtar Donetsk 86.033 0-1 :(

Only 1 turnaround out of the 5 currently going in our favour

Astana Kazakhstan 3.825 v APOEL FC Cyp 35.460 1-0 :)

KS Skënderbeu Alb 5.575 v Dinamo Zagreb Cro 24.700 1-2 :(

Celtic Sco 39.080 v Malmö FF Swe 12.545 3-2 :(

FC BATE Borisov Blr 35.150 v FK Partizan Srb 14.775 1-0 :(

Rapid Wien Austria 15.635 v Ukraine Shakhtar Donetsk 86.033 0-1 :(

Only 1 turnaround out of the 5 currently going in our favour

That Malmo score is more in their favour than not... ;) Anyway, so 7 or 8 sides looking like they'd drop in below us, we need 6 of them to do so to get into Pot 3. Still looks more likely than not, and Pot 2 looks as unlikely as it did in the first place.

Of course, Saints have to be in it for this to matter!

Edited by The9

Yea glad I am going now, it could well be our last venture into Europe for quite a while.

Same here was going to wait for the group round before another trip but thought better of it, can't wait now should be another good trip albeit completely different from Arnhem.

Midtjylland is going to be bloody great, no matter what the result. :) Let's just hope we've got the chance for at least another 3 trips like it afterwards!

Keen to meet you for the midgetlland game. Keen poster on TSW. Jealous of all the fun they had in vitesse, I want a bit of it [emoji4]

Do you recognise those guys in the picture? One of them used to play for Barca but now plays for PSG...

If anyone knows random European footballers it's Crab "FM version with full skinning and all the latest player pics uploaded to his game" Lungs.

Two of them do look like 2008 B Rabbit with beards though.

FWIW I can safely say the World Handball All-Stars from the past 100 years could parade past my house on the back of a truck with "World Handball All-Stars" on it, all with individual name badges, and I still wouldn't be able to name a single one of them.

In fact we could probably play "World Handball Champion or north european farmer" and I'd probably get less than 50% right.

I like that that photo contains all of the answers.

Picture of bloke in question

World Player of the Year in massive letters

Cheque with his name on it telling you who it is

Name of sport he plays in clear sight

:D

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})