The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Sorry for the late response. Didnt know i could only post 3times in 24hours.

The general feeling on our chances.... Would say the chances of the pope becomming a Muslim is bigger. We know we'll lose but we just wanna have fun. Our last European Adventure close to home was vs Werder Bremen.

That was one awesome day and we just wanna party. We we're hoping for some small club, but everyone said, if we draw a strong club, we hope for either Southampton or Dortmund. Seeing as the 1700 tickets were sold in 2 days, we were right :)

Would be fun if i actually met some of you in southampton. Sadly i cant make it to the home game here in Arnhem. Begged my boss for a free day this thursday and couldnt get another.

Btw, is there any place we should go to in Southampton? We arrive at 10am, so we gotta find something to do :).

Don't listen to that miserable lot. Go down the bottom end of Town on High Street where there's the Bargate (old gatehouse to the city) then keep going where you'll find the bombed out church and memorial. Down there is a new German bar and a few medieval pubs like the Red Lion (High Street), Duke of Wellington (Bugle Street) and the Platform Tavern (platform Road). If ships are your thing go have a look at Mayflower Park, not great space but good view of the docks and the water. There is a new brewery and pub in the the old Wool House called the Dancing Man opposite the ferry terminal definitely worth a look. If old walls are your thing go round the corner and have a look, if not enjoy the different locally brewed ales!

Seems most of the people in Southampton don't get out at all or make the most of their surroundings!!! ;-)

Don't listen to that miserable lot. Go down the bottom end of Town on High Street where there's the Bargate (old gatehouse to the city) then keep going where you'll find the bombed out church and memorial. Down there is a new German bar and a few medieval pubs like the Red Lion (High Street), Duke of Wellington (Bugle Street) and the Platform Tavern (platform Road). If ships are your thing go have a look at Mayflower Park, not great space but good view of the docks and the water. There is a new brewery and pub in the the old Wool House called the Dancing Man opposite the ferry terminal definitely worth a look. If old walls are your thing go round the corner and have a look, if not enjoy the different locally brewed ales!

Seems most of the people in Southampton don't get out at all or make the most of their surroundings!!! ;-)

Yeah, I'd agree with most of that bottom of town is more than good enough for an afternoon stroll a few decent beers.

Give the golf courses and bowling alley a miss.

Went down this morning to get tickets for 3 of us regular away-goers. Paid, was handed the usual receipt and was then asked if I wanted to collect the tickets on Friday, or have them posted out. Are there any more hoops they want us to jump through?

Haven't seen mention of this elsewhere, so for those of you who booked online, I wouldn't rush to meet your local postie for the next few days.

Vitesse are bringing the tickets with them, so there aren't any tickets to have until at least tomorrow...

...in good news, I now have both legs in my purchase history. :)

This. There's plenty to do in and around Southampton for a day. People just like to moan.

Definitely head down to The Woolhouse. New pub that just opened that has it's own mirco brewery. Plenty of ale to enjoy in there.

Unfortunately if you like ships, there aren't many of the big ones in on Thursday. Only SAGA Pearl 2 and Mein Schiff. Still, there's always the Titanic Museum.

If I was a Vitesse fan I would be organising everyone to gather around Guildhall Square before the game. Plenty of space to all mingle together and create some atmosphere and plenty of places to get a drink and eat.

12?defaultFile=%2FDefaultImages%2FdefaultImage.png&cultureId=127&useLarge=true

Would be fun if i actually met some of you in southampton. Sadly i cant make it to the home game here in Arnhem. Begged my boss for a free day this thursday and couldnt get another.

Btw, is there any place we should go to in Southampton? We arrive at 10am, so we gotta find something to do :).

Southampton isn't brilliant for things to do, but there are enough places to drink. If you want to start with some history, you can walk the old walls and look at whatever ships in (if that floats your boat, ahem).

Seriously though, the walls and places like the Tudor house are actually pretty good; http://www.discoversouthampton.co.uk/visit/things-to-do/attractions

That'll fill the 2 hours until lunch, then there are plenty of places to eat and drink from lunchtime until the match, sorted.

One handy result already in the Champions League 3rd qualifying round, with Midtjylland losing 2-1 at home to APOEL. Other games to look out for tonight are Videoton v BATE Borisov (we want a BATE win) and Dinamo Zagreb v Molde (we want a Dinamo win).

One handy result already in the Champions League 3rd qualifying round, with Midtjylland losing 2-1 at home to APOEL. .

How is that good for us? According to http://www.footballseeding.com/european-cups/champions-league-seeding-15-16/ APOEL have a coefficient of 35.4 whilst Midtylland is 7.9. So we would want Midtylland to win?

Edited by marc_saint

How is that good for us? According to http://www.footballseeding.com/european-cups/champions-league-seeding-15-16/ APOEL have a coefficient of 35.4 whilst Midtylland is 7.9. So we would want Midtylland to win?

It's the Champions league qualifiers......thus Midtylland would fall into the Europa Qualifying round, with a lower seed than us. 1 result down (of course, if it stays that way).

If Midtylland win, then we have to put up with APOEL with a higher co-ef in the Europa league.

It's the Champions league qualifiers......thus Midtylland would fall into the Europa Qualifying round, with a lower seed than us. 1 result down (of course, if it stays that way).

If Midtylland win, then we have to put up with APOEL with a higher co-ef in the Europa league.

Oh yes! Of course!!! Blonde moment! :)

Come on APOEL!

Thank you all for the ideas! Our supporters club organized a bus tour to southampton. So we'll be in southampton at 10am with about 8/10 busses. The rest of the supporters are going on their own occasion.

Football is all about drinking beer, yelling at some people, call the reff a sweet name and then gome home after a humiliating defeat. So yeah, well probably try to find as many pubs as we can :D

@Golden Balls

You're local police gave us 3 options for bars, are they near Guildhall square?

-Yates

-The Spitfire

-Frog and Parrot

But, local new brewery and old fashioned pubs. Nothing can beat that. Will definitly go to the marina. Us Dutch people like water especially when we can kick it back into the ocean (A).

Patrick Bateman Thnx for the link to discover Southampton. Paintball looks attempting.

To everyone else who gave some ideas, Thanks alot! (parks, pubs, south city)

Btw, whats with the refund? You bought tickets for the away game but cancelled and didnt get money back?

If so, tell me here and ill call em tomorrow and see what i can find out.

Btw, whats with the refund? You bought tickets for the away game but cancelled and didnt get money back?

Some of us couldn't get tickets in the away end so have bought in the Vitesse end. Don't worry we will be on our best behaviour. We've had the money leave our accounts but no tickets yet, hoping for them to arrive soon. :)

Thank you all for the ideas! Our supporters club organized a bus tour to southampton. So we'll be in southampton at 10am with about 8/10 busses. The rest of the supporters are going on their own occasion.

Football is all about drinking beer, yelling at some people, call the reff a sweet name and then gome home after a humiliating defeat. So yeah, well probably try to find as many pubs as we can :D

@Golden Balls

You're local police gave us 3 options for bars, are they near Guildhall square?

-Yates

-The Spitfire

-Frog and Parrot

But, local new brewery and old fashioned pubs. Nothing can beat that. Will definitly go to the marina. Us Dutch people like water especially when we can kick it back into the ocean (A).

Patrick Bateman Thnx for the link to discover Southampton. Paintball looks attempting.

To everyone else who gave some ideas, Thanks alot! (parks, pubs, south city)

The town centre has got lots of bars, if you do go to one of the police recommended bars you'll be by Guildhall Sq which is a good gathering point. If you walk up the main road towards London Road you will find lots of pubs , just look up London Road, Bedford Place on google maps .

For some afternoon beers in the sun the Wool House and Ocean Village are best I think, the new German Bierhouse may also be worth a try but not very English and considering you already live close to Germany might be a waste.

The Red Lion pub is the oldest in the city I think, you could visit there for some beer and history at the same time.

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/13504741.Reed_calls_on_Southampton_to_embrace_Europa/?ref=fbpg

Reed continued: “It really baffles me when people were coming up to me at the end of last season saying ‘Ooh, you’re going to be in that dodgy Europa Cup berth.

“You don’t want that, do you?’ “Actually, yes. It’s what we’ve been driving for for the last five years.

“Yeah, we’ll have it, we’ll take it, and I think that says something about us as a club.

“Therefore, when we talk about Champions League within the next five years, yeah, it’s a dream, but it’s a realistic aspiration.

“But we have to do it a step at a time. We have to be patient, because we don’t have the ability to do it all in one hit.

Edited by trousers

Got on website, wouldn't come up as an option. Only displayed Newcastle away. Phoned up, straight through. Ticket purchased, but could only get 1 as my mates didn't quite have 7 aways. For that reason I will probably just go in the home end so I can sit with mates. I have a feeling there will be plenty of seats in the large stand so we can probably all sit together anyway. No drama

Got on website, wouldn't come up as an option. Only displayed Newcastle away. Phoned up, straight through. Ticket purchased, but could only get 1 as my mates didn't quite have 7 aways. For that reason I will probably just go in the home end so I can sit with mates. I have a feeling there will be plenty of seats in the large stand so we can probably all sit together anyway. No drama

Will be interesting when theres a chant of "Stand up if you love the saints!"

Still tickets available, which amazed me, to be honest. Assumed they'd be gone in 10 minutes this morning.

Note: they only show up on the "Cup Games" section, not the "Away Games" section, and handily for anyone using their mobile to book, the "Cup Games" section isn't available :mcinnes:

Still tickets available, which amazed me, to be honest. Assumed they'd be gone in 10 minutes this morning.

Note: they only show up on the "Cup Games" section, not the "Away Games" section, and handily for anyone using their mobile to book, the "Cup Games" section isn't available :mcinnes:

It sold out 30 mins ago according to the club's Twitter account

That will be why then mate!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})