DONE DEAL: Saints sign Maarten Stekelenburg on season-long loan

supersonic

WE just need to watch out with "le petit ball de tennis" at his left hand post, seems to have a weakness there. As long as we play with regulation size 5 and avoid Wimbledon in the Cup we should be fine.

une balle, un ballon, thus the syntax is not correct. La petite balle de tennis if you please.

WE just need to watch out with "le petit ball de tennis" at his left hand post, seems to have a weakness there. As long as we play with regulation size 5 and avoid Wimbledon in the Cup we should be fine.

une balle, un ballon, thus the syntax is not correct. La petite balle de tennis if you please.

God you sound like my French teacher at school. Anyway you got the gist from my Franglais. Mange tout.

Now write it out 100 times. If its not done by sunrise, I'll cut your balls off.

[video=youtube;XbI-fDzUJXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbI-fDzUJXI

Stekelenburg in form is way better than Forster at his best. Congratulations with this signing! Now hurry Koeman and sign Clasie and Vilhena, we need the cash at Feyenoord... :)

I think Clasie is Closie, but from what I read Vilhena wants to stay there now. Possibly personal issues?

I think Clasie is Closie, but from what I read Vilhena wants to stay there now. Possibly personal issues?

Vilhena has some doubts about leaving Feyenoord this summer because his mother is ill. On the other hand: his contract ends after next season and that would mean that Feyenoord wouldn't get any money for him. That is not going to happen so when he doesn't sign a new contract (and it seems he doesn't want to) he has to leave this summer. I guess it would be better for him to move on to another club and make a fresh start as his career at Feyenoord is at a dead end. To be honest: I don't think that the PL is the right competition for him. Same goes for Clasie, due to his fysics he would be better off at a club in Italy with 4 or 5 midfielders than in the PL with all the power and pace facing him...

Lazio keen to wrap up a move for Clasie according to some Italian reports today, but we are obviously going to be in for him too.

Main doubt I have is physically. We already have JWP and Davis who are relatively (JWP definitely) lightweight, plus Reed who whilst aggressive is tiny. Obviously Wanyama adds a presence, but if he were to miss games which he will at some stage, we would lack so much power in a key area.

Interestingly the other midfielders we have been linked with are all known more for their physical attributes than technical, the likes of Gueye, Imbula, Krychowiak.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Lazio keen to wrap up a move for Clasie according to some Italian reports today, but we are obviously going to be in for him too.

Main doubt I have is physically. We already have JWP and Davis who are relatively (JWP definitely) lightweight, plus Reed who whilst aggressive is tiny. Obviously Wanyama adds a presence, but if he were to miss games which he will at some stage, we would lack so much power in a key area.

Interestingly the other midfielders we have been linked with are all known more for their physical attributes than technical, the likes of Gueye, Imbula, Krychowiak.

He is 5 foot 9.

Jesus you sounds like Arsene Wenger, I thought the days of 6ft 2 athletes (shout out to Danny Welbeck) attempting to play football based on physical attributes were over.

Jordy Clasie would of course never played against any rough opposing midfielders in the Eredevise or for the Dutch national team, Xavi/Iniesta and Messi should sh*t their pants when they play Chelsea cos Matic is 6ft 3 or the Chilean bum finger pokers.

We are now a ball playing team with Vic/Gardos/Toby as the rough options in DM positions as needed (Florin has played there for his previous club).

• 4 weeks later...
Will probably play Against feyonord

I'd agree. Makes sense to give each of them a full 90mins. Gave Gazza the easier of the two matches and on the whole thought he did well (I did miss the last 25mins so he may have dropped a clanger I don't know about).