Calais

Batman

But if someone has the ability to work and save enough money to pay smugglers to get them out of some African sh!t hole, has the motivation and ability to travel through war zones, across seas, through Europe and sneak covertly across the English channel - surely they are more likely to want to work and better themselves than someone who just has to jump on a bus from Poland to get their benefit windfall?

They pass so many countries signed up to the asylum treaties, many of which are just next door, no need to cross war zones, seas etc

http://www.unhcr.org/4848f6072.html

For example, a genuine Afghanistan asylum seeker can seek refuge in neighboring Iran, Turkmenistan, or Tajikistan.

But as you said, for reasons unknown to us, they choose the long journey to 'El Dorado'

But if someone has the ability to work and save enough money to pay smugglers to get them out of some African sh!t hole, has the motivation and ability to travel through war zones, across seas, through Europe and sneak covertly across the English channel - surely they are more likely to want to work and better themselves than someone who just has to jump on a bus from Poland to get their benefit windfall?

But the fact that they're not prepared to lift a finger and do an honest day's work in France suggests otherwise.

But the fact that they're not prepared to lift a finger and do an honest day's work in France suggests otherwise.

Being prepared is one thing but with 6 million signed on at Pole Emploi opportunity is something else. There is no work for a lot of French people in France so paperless migrants have no chance whatsoever. Still I expect they're clued up on the generous benefits which create the no work situation in the first place. A job in France costs the employer twice the amount the worker actually receives, and tax isn't at source here, it's all social charges to give to scroungers, tax on top later. Whereas benefits are tax free. the French just want rid of these people and the chaos they're causing.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Maybe they can't get work in France and see England as a better opportunity.

Either way they are no different to the thousands of Polish who rock up each week, except they have browner skin of course.

Interesting debate I heard on the TV saying how many want to come to the UK as the black economy is so well established and run that they can work illegally very easily.

Never really come across the black economy in that respect so is it true? The cocklepickers who drown in Morecombe Bay spring to mind.

Either way they are no different to the thousands of Polish who rock up each week, except they have browner skin of course.

But earlier you told us:

surely they are more likely to want to work and better themselves than someone who just has to jump on a bus from Poland to get their benefit windfall?

Pretty quick about-turn.

But earlier you told us:

Pretty quick about-turn.

No u turn, I think anyone who has travelled that far to better their lives must have something about them and certainly be more likely to be motivated enough to want to get a job.

Read the Huffington link above.

Bloke on BBC Question Time panel saying we should welcome them all :lol:

'welcome'

'we need them'

:lol:

apparently it these people come to southampton and it works

some absolute weirdos in the audience for this one

Edited by Batman

No u turn, I think anyone who has travelled that far to better their lives must have something about them and certainly be more likely to be motivated enough to want to get a job.

Read the Huffington link above.

No thanks. I prefer to form my own opinions. Don't need to recycle some random bloke's off the internet.

It`s really perfectly simple. We should all welcome them with open arms, make sure they have somewhere to live, be cared for if they need medical attention, make sure they have enough money to live comfortably and enjoy the kind of life that has been denied them. After all, what have I paid my taxes for over the past 60 years?

In Lyon. Eff all to do with Calais.

Not really in Lyon, more towards Grenoble I think. Anyway it's being put down as a terrorist attack for the time being. France is overrun with militant islamists and the government is too weak to do anything about it.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Sad to see what has happened to France, looks a mess of a country and is even ahead of the UK in the process of Islamic takeover.

Crazy to think that some still consider the rise of Islam in Western Europe is a good thing.

and of course, providing a ferry service from north africa is a good thing :thumbup:

the whole issue and the EU is just a bizarre mess

It`s really perfectly simple. We should all welcome them with open arms, make sure they have somewhere to live, be cared for if they need medical attention, make sure they have enough money to live comfortably and enjoy the kind of life that has been denied them. After all, what have I paid my taxes for over the past 60 years?

Why ever not, that's what the French have done and you see what peaceful, law, abiding, non-troublemaking citizens they all are, why they're so fine that the Army hangs about on street corners to see if there are any good citizenship tips they can pick up.

Edited by Window Cleaner

That's what we are doing with thousands of people who come here from various sh!t holes across Europe, not sure why there is such an uproar about a relatively few people in Calais.

Not really in Lyon, more towards Grenoble I think. Anyway it's being put down as a terrorist attack for the time being. France is overrun with militant islamists and the government is too weak to do anything about it.

Why ever not, that's what the French have done and you see what peaceful, law, abiding, non-troublemaking citizens they all are, why they're so fine that the Army hangs about on street corners to see if there are any good citizenship tips they can pick up.

My sympathies to the people of France, decent people who will be (once again) deeply shocked and saddened by yet another attack by these vermin scum.

Hopefully they can find the strength to eradicate this crap from their country, they have a great culture to defend.

(In other news, terrorist attacks on hotels and beaches in Tunisia, suicide bomber in Kuwait... busy day for islam, Fridays.)

My sympathies to the people of France, decent people who will be (once again) deeply shocked and saddened by yet another attack by these vermin scum.

Hopefully they can find the strength to eradicate this crap from their country, they have a great culture to defend.

(In other news, terrorist attacks on hotels and beaches in Tunisia, suicide bomber in Kuwait... busy day for islam, Fridays.)

Especially Fridays in Ramadan.

Especially Fridays in Ramadan.

Can I be the first to say; This has nothing to do with Islam and it's a peaceful religion. Also like to add that had white loons shot up the beach we wouldnt ask other whiteys to condemn or apologise for it. Stand down Daily Fail readers, nothing to see here.

French Police targetting Brits at Eurotunnel

Kenny Newbury

FRENCH POLICE AT CALAIS, ROBBING THE ENGLISH.

Good morning folks, "a warning direct from me to you"

You have all seen the shambles of Calais and the lack of guts shown by the French Police towards violent illegal immigrants?

I have recently driven over to Spain, via France and on my way back to Calais to board the train through the channel tunnel, I learnt something that sickened me and will sicken you.

As you approach the Le Manche Tunnel that takes you to the area for boarding the train, albeit from Bordeaux, Lyon, Millau etc, the French Police have set up traps for the English, to deprive them of their money before they can board the train with their car.

The police come roaring up alongside you on motorbikes and wave you to follow them off the main road to a holding area half a mile away. I was one of their victims!!!

as I pulled up, a flash copper came over and demanded €90s

I asked what for and he said "speeding" which I wasn't doing.

They had maybe twelve English cars in the holding area and we're making the same demand of all the drivers.

To cut it short, I got in a heated row with the flash copper, but had to pay, as did all the other objecting drivers.

The police had no proof of law breaking, but it was a case of pay up or miss our train at La Manche.

The "policeman" I was arguing with, in a moment of anger, admitted that it was a scam and defied me to prove it.

This is what he said;

" ah, you English, you think your so clever, driving through France on the way to your holidays. You don't want to help at Calais by taking our illegals, so we take your money. We wait here every weekend and catch you before you board the trains or ferries. You are not as smart as you think English"

At that point, being a truebrit, I nearly hit him, but my wife screamed and stopped me. He was sneering at me and the rest of the indignant drivers, laughing with the other police at our rage.

There were about ten police vehicles and continual streams of motorbikes pulling up with their latest victims, scumbags all.

Please be careful, if you are driving home and have British plates, be vigilant. They are taking fortunes from our people and have no interest whatsoever in stopping illegals getting to England.

They are treacherous cowards that cry for help, whilst robbing innocent families making their way home.

France are traitors to the EU and should be severely punished.

The Government KNOW what is going on, but are robbing us to fill their coffers. Be careful please!

Kenny Newbury

You have all seen the shambles of Calais and the lack of guts shown by the French Police towards violent illegal immigrants?

I have recently driven over to Spain, via France and on my way back to Calais to board the train through the channel tunnel, I learnt something that sickened me and will sicken you.

As you approach the Le Manche Tunnel that takes you to the area for boarding the train, albeit from Bordeaux, Lyon, Millau etc, the French Police have set up traps for the English, to deprive them of their money before they can board the train with their car.

The police come roaring up alongside you on motorbikes and wave you to follow them off the main road to a holding area half a mile away. I was one of their victims!!!

They had maybe twelve English cars in the holding area and we're making the same demand of all the drivers.

To cut it short, I got in a heated row with the flash copper, but had to pay, as did all the other objecting drivers.

The police had no proof of law breaking, but it was a case of pay up or miss our train at La Manche.

The "policeman" I was arguing with, in a moment of anger, admitted that it was a scam and defied me to prove it.

This is what he said;

" ah, you English, you think your so clever, driving through France on the way to your holidays. You don't want to help at Calais by taking our illegals, so we take your money. We wait here every weekend and catch you before you board the trains or ferries. You are not as smart as you think English"

At that point, being a truebrit, I nearly hit him, but my wife screamed and stopped me. He was sneering at me and the rest of the indignant drivers, laughing with the other police at our rage.

There were about ten police vehicles and continual streams of motorbikes pulling up with their latest victims, scumbags all.

Please be careful, if you are driving home and have British plates, be vigilant. They are taking fortunes from our people and have no interest whatsoever in stopping illegals getting to England.

They are treacherous cowards that cry for help, whilst robbing innocent families making their way home.

The Government KNOW what is going on, but are robbing us to fill their coffers. Be careful please!

I have relayed your grievances to the local prefect, no doubt you'll be hearing from them in due course.

Kenny Newbury

This is what he said;

I don't wish for one second to defend the actions of the Gendarmes, who are a dispicable excuse for a force of law and order, but if I'm correct, they have a system whereby they can determine the average speed between toll booths on the motorway. Whether they can get that information to the police at the likely end point of a journey like Calais, I don't know.

Personally I think that we ought to get our own back on the EU countries who have motorway tolls when we don't (apart from one or two) by adopting the Swiss system and charging everybody around £12 when they enter the country and intend to use the motorways. If somebody doesn't have the sticker showing they have paid and is caught on a motorway, they face a stiff penalty.

The ability for the police to exact roadside fines is an incentive towards corruption, so no wonder that the gendarmerie are so keen on the idea.

I think the only answer to this problem is that we should annex Calais and return it to our control. It was obviously a terrible mistake allowing the frogies to have it back anyway.

Indeed, this is what happens when you allow a women to be in charge of things ...

But then it would be part of Britain and they would have reached their objective.

• 4 weeks later...
Do we still have an army, troops etc ?

Just a thought, they did a great job at the Olympics

It surely needs to be considered, it is a disaster and one that will continue to get worse and worse.

2000+ (according to this mornings Metro) stormed the tunnel overnight, with only 200 staff to try and stop them. It can't be a nice work environment right now for them, I certainly wouldn't want to have to deal with such a threat. The lorry drivers must feel like they're running the gauntlet every time they try to move through Calais.

It surely needs to be considered, it is a disaster and one that will continue to get worse and worse.

2000+ (according to this mornings Metro) stormed the tunnel overnight, with only 200 staff to try and stop them. It can't be a nice work environment right now for them, I certainly wouldn't want to have to deal with such a threat. The lorry drivers must feel like they're running the gauntlet every time they try to move through Calais.

We certainly don't want those sorts of people in this country. I can only see this situation deteriorating.

as said before, it is just plain bizarre that we were pretty much giving many of these people a free lift into europe

thankfully, the UK ship out there now (in the med) has not picked up a single migrant.....which will no doubt changed it has made the press

The security guy at the French end of the tunnel was saying that he doesn't have enough man power to deal with the situation. Ok, get more! Perhaps the French should deploy some troops? You can bet your life they would if the problem was the other way around and hundreds of immigrants were coming through the tunnel their end.

I'm feeling quite smug about doing the Newhaven - Dieppe route on Friday instead of the usual tunnel crossing.

I'm on the Dover/Calais ferry on Friday morning with DFDS. Although Newhaven/Dieppe is closer to our destination of Vannes, Brittany and Brittany Ferries to Le Havre/Caen/Cherbourg/St Malo are even closer, the times of the crossings, the voyage times of the journeys, the costs of the journeys (especially St Malo) are astronomical by comparison to Dover/Calais.

We were originally booked with MyFerryLink for just £133 and when Eurotunnel, the owner of their two car ferries and their freight ship ceased allowing them to operate from 1st July, that has caused all of this strife at Calais, because only 200 of the 600 staff of MyFerryLink are being offered jobs. These ships are being lease/purchased now by DFDS, but they should not have been sold to Eurotunnel when the original French operator Sea France went bust. There were decisions against that taken by the Competition Commission, appeals to the high court, etc, the background of the whole fiasco explained here:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyFerryLink

We had to rebook with just two weeks notice, our ticket with DFDS costing twice as much, although to their credit, MyFerryLink are refunding most of the difference. They have issued tickets on Eurotunnel to our friends who are going with us, at the same original cost of £133, which is way below what that costs, although in light of the developments of the past few days, I reckon that our chances of getting across on the ferry is better than theirs of getting through the tunnel on time.