Giannelli Imbula

Polaroid Saint

We'll end up with a couple more Dutch players as replacements for Morgan & Toby, neither of whom will be nearly as good. :-/

Like we ended up with a Belgium, Serbian, Englishman and a Senegalese to replace last years departures you mean?

Tanks gents.

I did see dear old wiki had the Inter link, but it also claimed that the lad apperently hadn't played a single game in the last three years. So I came on here to ask you lot. I could have searched a bit more, but who does that nowadays, eh?

(Anyone know what time MnS opens and can you recommend a plummer/taxi/school for my child.)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Tanks gents.

I did see dear old wiki had the Inter link, but it also claimed that the lad apperently hadn't played a single game in the last three years. So I came on here to ask you lot. I could have searched a bit more, but who does that nowadays, eh?

Its pointless to use Wikipedia as a source for football unless you check the citations it uses.

The articles can be edited by anyone in the world. I could go on it now and say Imbula has signed for Saints for £60m.

well i was amazed we were ever in the running for this player in the first instance .....but now Port have come in with $25 mill offer i pretty much think thats it....i live in hope he would prefer to come to us and the Premiership but would Porto be just as appealing to him???

Interestingly, all the offers (Including the Porto offer) propose an initial fee to loan the player for this season with the rest to be paid next summer as part of an option (which I would guess is forced). In total our offer is 20m euros (£14.1m) whereas Porto's offer is 25m euros (£17.7m). We are not out of it yet as;

1) We could improve our offer, either by increasing the total value of the deal or by offering a permanent transfer meaning that Marseille will get more money now.

2) The player may reject Porto if he wants to play in England or wants Premier League wages.

Interestingly, all the offers (Including the Porto offer) propose an initial fee to loan the player for this season with the rest to be paid next summer as part of an option (which I would guess is forced). In total our offer is 20m euros (£14.1m) whereas Porto's offer is 25m euros (£17.7m). We are not out of it yet as;

1) We could improve our offer, either by increasing the total value of the deal or by offering a permanent transfer meaning that Marseille will get more money now.

2) The player may reject Porto if he wants to play in England or wants Premier League wages.

I get the impression our 2 main targets are Imbula and Krykowiak as we have made offers for both of them.

As for Gueye, we seem to have agreed a price with Lille but don't seem to have completed the deal. Maybe he is a fall back option or we just waiting for Morgan to leave which will probably trigger a move for either Imbula/Krykowiak and Gueye (as we also need to replace Cork but probably couldn't finance it till we receive money for Morgan or Clyne for that matter).

Seems to fit in with our 'we only spend within our means policy'.

Juanmi and Cedric were probably signings we could afford as they were relatively cheap and we could finance them with our annual TV money revenue.

As for Clasie, reports say we haven't made an offer which probably means that we will go for him if we fail to bring in Imbola/Krykowiak who seem to be our number 1 targets.

Its pointless to use Wikipedia as a source for football unless you check the citations it uses.

The articles can be edited by anyone in the world. I could go on it now and say Imbula has signed for Saints for £60m.

And it would be deleted in minutes followed by you receiving a warning.

I must admit, I don't know a great deal about him. But he has been linked with some top, top clubs over this summer....so it would be somewhat of a coup if we did get him. Weird situation that it could be a loan as well, seeing how saught after he is. But even better for us, as it means we get a highly rated midfielder and we still have most of our budget to play with.

Go on then, here's an obligatory video.

Giannelli Imbula's agent reveals Inter's offer is 'not satisfying', which is why Olympique Marseilles are looking elsewhere.

The saga for the French midfielder still will not abate, in spite of earlier reports that it would all be decided today.

The player's agent Willy Ndagi, interviewed by Calciomercato.com, discussed the Nerazzurri's odds of signing the 22-year-old.

“Inter were the first team to make a move for Imbula and they are determined to sign the player,” he said.

“But right now this is not sufficient. The offer they presented to Marseilles is not satisfying.

“That's why the club is considering other offers too.

“We have been contacted by other clubs, who will make their offers soon.”

Just watched the video and I like what i see.

He is like a faster version of vic with more tricks than morgan and is robust as f*ck with an eye for goal, looks tailor made for the premier league.

To be fair I'd love any of the blokes we are being linked with, we have come a long way in such a short space of time its hard to maintain perspective on the sort of transfers we used to do.

To help with his decision making I will now change my avatar to him from Georgie.

Edited by Convict Colony
spelling

I must admit, I don't know a great deal about him. But he has been linked with some top, top clubs over this summer....so it would be somewhat of a coup if we did get him. Weird situation that it could be a loan as well, seeing how saught after he is. But even better for us, as it means we get a highly rated midfielder and we still have most of our budget to play with.

Go on then, here's an obligatory video.

He'll do

Just watched the video and I like what i see.

He is like a faster version of vic with more tricks than morgan and is robust as f*ck with an eye for goal, looks tailor made for the premier league.

To be fair I'd love any of the blokes we are being linked with, we have come a long way in such a short space of time its hard to maintain perspective on the short of transfers we used to do.

I think the club know the importance of that central midfield area. I still think we'll see our transfer record broken this summer, just a hunch.

Signing Toby and getting an international level CM to replace Morgan would equate to a summer of perfection.

"Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport, the veteran coach said, "Pogba is still the superior player at this stage. He is already a Ferrari, just like Arturo Vidal, although he wouldn't know how to drive one ... but both Kondogbia and Imbula have the potential to reach his level, though."

Fark that is a recommendation and a half.

http://www.90min.com/posts/2299165-inter-s-kondogbia-can-soon-be-as-good-as-pogba-says-former-france-boss

Also everything you needed to know about his stats:

http://www.squawka.com/players/giannelli--imbula/stats#performance-score#marseille-(current)#french-ligue-1#24#season-2014/2015#118#all-matches#1-38#by-match

Edited by Convict Colony
added link

Its this article...

Le Parisien today reporting Saints offering...

- €2m season long loan fee

- €18m option to buy next summer

http://www.pressreader.com/france/le-parisien-seine-et-marne-sud/20150627/281913066761543/TextView

If that's the case and he's that good lets just pay the €18 million and have him now rather than be stuck in another Alderweireld situation.

Going by the article though, it's a set fee that is compulsory to pay. Just in a years time. It helps them get him off the wage bill quicker, I suppose.

Going by the article though, it's a set fee that is compulsory to pay. Just in a years time. It helps them get him off the wage bill quicker, I suppose.

But is the player obliged to sign and stay at the club at the end of the first year "loan" ?

Tottenham bid for imbula rejected. Source french sport radio, RMC

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

However did they manage that, everyone seems to know what's required. 2 million € now and a further 18 in a year's time.

They probably bid 2 milion now and nothing else. Player seems to favour Porto or Valencia where he'd get CL football...apparently. L'Equipe are also now saying that Porto have bid 25 million outright via one of their 3rd party schemes.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Poch would have surely had significant input into our player targets whilst at Saints n'est pas?

It's even easier than that, OM need money, Bielsa wants players because a few have left on frees and need replacing so they're probably hawking anyone they think they can sell to anyone they think might buy any of them. Anyway Spurs obviously didn't take it too seriously..for the time being at least, because they bid about 9 million £.

However did they manage that, everyone seems to know what's required. 2 million € now and a further 18 in a year's time.

They probably bid 2 milion now and nothing else. Player seems to favour Porto or Valencia where he'd get CL football...apparently. L'Equipe are also now saying that Porto have bid 25 million outright via one of their 3rd party schemes.

Haven't new TPO's been banned since May?

It's even easier than that, OM need money, Bielsa wants players because a few have left on frees and need replacing so they're probably hawking anyone they think they can sell to anyone they think might buy any of them. Anyway Spurs obviously didn't take it too seriously..for the time being at least, because they bid about 9 million £.

Is he actually any good? Or is it typically slick and tricksy OM salesmanship?