VIDEO: Koeman on pre-season, transfers and Europa League

SuperSAINT

IIRC Toby said that he wanted to start pre season with the club he will be playing with this season as he hasn't had that dorbthe last 3 or 4 seasons.

Atletcio are making that near enough impossible for him. I can't see him staying there, to be honest. The way they're touting him around is a teller. I think if he leaves that club, he will come here - that's been my belief from day one. Just let Madrid play their games for however long. To be fair, he's their player, he had a storming season, so they're entitled to test the market and see what they can get for him. But it just doesn't seem too fair for Toby.

Maybe we have to sell before we can buy. It seems pretty likely the club are planning for MS to go and £25m to come in.

True, but Toby must be pretty high up on Les Reeds' priority list.

Atletico are just being a tad pesky.

Maybe we have to sell before we can buy. It seems pretty likely the club are planning for MS to go and £25m to come in.

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure we'd have had £4m, £9, and the £7.5m put aside for all our 'loans to buy' from last season, without relying on sales to complete them.

True, but Toby must be pretty high up on Les Reeds' priority list.

Atletico are just being a tad pesky.

Their prerogative, We're holding out for our estimation for Morgan and they're doing the same with Toby. Once United meet our valuation for Morgan I can see a couple of decent players signing and I'm hoping Toby is at the top of the list, I think our record transfer will be broken this summer.

Sounds like Athletico are going to drag this one out and sell to the highest bidder,just hope we have set aside a decent amount and none of the big boys go for him

It does make me laugh when you see statements like this. Toby has a contract, and can refuse to move to said 'highest bidder' if he feels it is not a good move for him. He can't be moved on against his will, or any player in fact.

It does make me laugh when you see statements like this. Toby has a contract, and can refuse to move to said 'highest bidder' if he feels it is not a good move for him. He can't be moved on against his will, or any player in fact.

He will be a first choice CB for any club that bids for him,other teams mooted about as interested will be able to pay him more than us,to think he will refuse to move to Spurs /Chelsea etcetera because he wants to "supposedly" come back here is laughable,the only way he is coming back is if we bid more than everyone else and make him one of,if not our highest paid player,

RK - top bloke! I hope he stays as long as Lawrie Mac.

That would be nice for a change to have someone to build a steady base in that position.

Funny you mention Lawrie Mac, I was sorting out the garage from a house move 4 years ago, and found his book Diary of a Season from the 78/79 season, our first back in the top flight, opened it up and like a fool started reading. Whoosh I was 14 again, but reading the stuff about chasing Colin Todd and Charlie George around, plus being hounded for the Leeds and Sunderland jobs was very interesting and probably pretty much as it is now without the added 24/7 input from Sky and the media.