Poll: our next signing (post Clyne departure)

mcbendy

Could someone who knows how please turn this into a poll?

Following the departure of Clyne, the write-off of Osvaldo and the arrivals of Juanmi, Soares and Stekelenburg, what will Saints next signing be?

* a goalkeeper

* a right-back

* a centre-back

* a defensive midfielder

* an attacking midfielder

* a lead-the-line striker

* another position

Interested to know what forum members think.

Toby should be priority, if not him then the best centre back we can get, we are decently stocked going forward with Pelle, Mane, Tadic, Jay Rod, Juanmi, Long, and Gaston still here to fill forward 3 spots.

Then Morgan replacement, which I hope is two players, one defensive mid and a more playmaking mid to give us more options.

Then maybe a right back and back up (or better) centre forward.

Have they?

Allegedly Dave Watson has revealed that Ogbonna is nailed on for a transfer by end of the week, the other one which we are working on is supposedly Bollasie but there is a bit more work to do on it. I find the Bollasie suggestion more unlikely but its no more unbelievable than most of the ****e I've read as gospel in the papers the last few weeks and I really didn't see the Long one coming last season so i'll give the ITK claims the benefit of the doubt for now.

Our intention is to probably get Toby over the line ASAP.... But that will probably drag.

The Morgan situation might either be over in 2 days, or go on all summer.

So for that reason - I'm going to say it'll be a wide-player & it will be Eljero Elia.

Allegedly Dave Watson has revealed that Ogbonna is nailed on for a transfer by end of the week, the other one which we are working on is supposedly Bollasie but there is a bit more work to do on it. I find the Bollasie suggestion more unlikely but its no more unbelievable than most of the ****e I've read as gospel in the papers the last few weeks and I really didn't see the Long one coming last season so i'll give the ITK claims the benefit of the doubt for now.

Interesting... Would suggest that if we're going to sign Ogbonna then Toby ain't happening.

Bolasie I cannot see in a million years, would cost mega bucks and think we are well stocked in that area

Well i think we could do with

1. Another right back,

2. Toby signed up

3. Central midfielder,

4. Central midfielder, and

5. A playmaking attacking midfielder

My choices would be

1. Freddie Woodman

2. Sam Byram

3. Toby

4. Krychowiak

5. Clasie

6. Cabaye or Wijnaldum

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Toby would pretty much nail it as he offers cover at right back too. Classie to replace any departing midfielder and I think we are done for this year.

I can't agree with that - we need a bigger squad if we are going to compete in Europe and also maintain form in the Prem. I think we need Toby/CB (possibly a second CB), a young 2nd choice RB (unless any of the academy lads have been ear-marked), a DM to replace MS, a playmaker to replace Gaston (I think that we will offload him this transfer window), a decent 2nd choice goalkeeper (better than Gazza) and another proper centre-forward to provide competition for Pelle.

To my mind the only area that we are really flush with is attacking midfielders (or 'behind the striker' forwards, depending on what terminology you want to use).

So - from back to front, I think we need:

Goalie

Centreback (poss x 2)

Right-back

DM

Playmaker

Centre-forward

I can't agree with that - we need a bigger squad if we are going to compete in Europe and also maintain form in the Prem. I think we need Toby/CB (possibly a second CB), a young 2nd choice RB (unless any of the academy lads have been ear-marked), a DM to replace MS, a playmaker to replace Gaston (I think that we will offload him this transfer window), a decent 2nd choice goalkeeper (better than Gazza) and another proper centre-forward to provide competition for Pelle.

To my mind the only area that we are really flush with is attacking midfielders (or 'behind the striker' forwards, depending on what terminology you want to use).

Goalie

Centreback (poss x 2)

Right-back

DM

Playmaker

Centre-forward

That would be nice but I don't think it will happen. People sometimes forget we have 3 good centre forwards (JRod, Pelle and Long) with two who can also play out wide or behind / alongside Pelle. Mane can play up front in a 442 as well. Centre backs I might agree with you on except we're led to believe at least 3 academy CBs are going to be brought into the fold this season so a new purchase in addition to Toby, Fonte and Yoshida would hamper their progress.

Personally I agree with you about Gazza but RK used the last couple of games to see if he was good enough and the answer was yes.

As RK might say, its difficult because we don't know if we can retain Morgan, or sign Toby, so that's two places that might or might not need replacing but it's difficult because we don't have control over those decisions.

Goalie

Centreback (poss x 2)

Right-back

DM

Playmaker

Centre-forward

We're not gonna sign another keeper, Koeman pretty much said as much the other day. We'll sign Toby, Schneiderlin's replacement and an AM imo. Toby will be our next signing if I had to guess, hopefully we released Osvaldo to free up wages for him.