Do Saints need to sell to bring anyone else in?

Mouldy Coat

I really can't see where the OP is coming of with this one. We've made three signings already and it's the start of July. This time last year we hadn't signed anyone so I can't really see an argument for us having cash flow problems.

We of got something like the 5th lowest wage bill in the League and had a £30m transfer surplus last year so if we've got cash flow problems then Lord help the rest of the League. I can't see us giving Osvaldo a payout to terminate his contract if it was going to compromise our transfers this summer either.

I remember him quoted as saying just that, quite recently. Why should jamie have to give a specific date and time?

First off its Brett, secondly I think he actually said don't expect any big money/marquee signings this summer which given our last marque signing cost us £2m a game I can live with.

First off its Brett, secondly I think he actually said don't expect any big money/marquee signings this summer which given our last marque signing cost us £2m a game I can live with.

So what happened to jamie the short order submarine cook? :?: I thought batman was he.

I remember him quoted as saying just that, quite recently. Why should jamie have to give a specific date and time?

Because otherwise it could just be a load of bo!!ocks.

That was a very defensive reply for a seemingly innocuous question.

....didnt Les Reed say that we should not expect any big signing this summer...or something like that probably usual stuff clubs say when playing things down

as I recall Les suggested there wouldn't be large scale signings this summer......so until we passed last summer's 9 new signings, he's still on track.

You also need to consider that "a loan keeper" to cover Forster's absence was already on the cards, and in order to maintain numbers ....we need replacements for Clyne and (most likely) Schneiderlin. too. Toby was only a loan signing last season, but was a first team regular .. so he also needs to be replaced....or preferably " signed ".

Given that statement was made before our Euro place was confirmed, it's more than likely that we will have buy more in order to cover " all eventualities " .

So what happened to jamie the short order submarine cook? :?: I thought batman was he.

That was Turkish that just replied to you, assume it came with the level of sarcasm attached to his posts about how wonderful the Cult of Cortese was.