Let us all go to the beach!!

Bermuda Saint

Speaking for myself, I need to step away from this site and all other transfer rumor sites. Time to enjoy the summer and let this transfer saga play out without my constant circling of the transfer carrion like a vulture.

I think the easy ones are done. Players that were young hopefuls that our Scouting dept thought coukd develop to a higher level and no real competition fpr their sighnong to hold up the moves.

Now we are in the thick of transfer season. The transfer process gets really tedious. Look at Toby, we must have been working on his signing for a year, he did very well here, he likes it here, resurrected his career here. He will get a very good contract and loving Fans. Yet we wait, and wait. Is he really holding out for Spurs!! I !@#$ing hope not.

How about Jordy C, another player we have been rumored to be after. We can offer him a huge pay rise (thanks again to the football possessed Redslo who shows the paltry pay the get in EDV), a coach he likes and a chance to play in the PL.

None of this is anyone's fault, players or our transfer committee. It is just the frustrating way the transfer window plays out. Any player that is talented and sought after will be a "Harry potter", a long drawn out story with lots of sequels.

The higher up in talent, the longer we have to wait! I expect our transfers to drag out long into the night on transfer deadline day. Not because we are not doing our very best to bring them in, but because we are looking at players who are CL quality, who want to play CL football, and we cannot provide that (yet:D always the optimist). So the ones we want are hoping the big boys come in for them. We have to wait for them to make their moves and when those players see they are not going to a CL side they will look to us, and we to them, to say "come on down! you are the next contestant on the price is right!".

So why look and hope every day to see who the next signing will be. Let the CL clubs do their business, then we can swoop in late to offer a top player a chance to play for a great club that is going places. If we were done before deadline day I would be disappointed because our ambition for a CL player was too low. Our SFC wont disappoint! they are always reaching beyond "little SFC" perceived status and reaching for high caliber players. Sometimes they don't work out, but I would never doubt our ambition!

Patience is needed around this time of year. It is time to get lost in the BERMUDA TRIANGLE, get a tan, have a swim, watch the sheilas in bikinis and have a tall tropical drink to wash away the transfer stress. :smug:

ps. I will be back tomorrow as I have already got a tan, had a swim, watched the sheilas in bikinis and had several tall tropical drinks:D

I want to go to Bermuda :(

Highly recommended. We went there a few years ago for our 40th anniversary but had to leave early to avoid a hurricane. We'll be back, we have unfinished business there. Lovely place, lovely people, only 6 hours away. :)

Edit: bloody auto-correct

Edited by Whitey Grandad

All the CL clubs snap up the better players?

Liverpool are bringing in plenty of good players so far and they are not CL.

I think it's down to wages myself, you pay and they come. Our wage structure is not the same as Spurs & Liverpool.

I did not mean this thread to be a promo for Bermuda and its beaches (which are beautiful) but the little British island territory is getting some attention. With the best sailors in the world will convening in Bermuda for the 35th America’s Cup in June 2017, maybe a FIFA world cup is on the cards, just need hire Harry R to bung up the selection committee. Who cares if we are only 21 sq miles and have one crappy football stadium. Maybe they can play on the golf courses.

here is another one:

Watford-Napoli-Udinese's own Bermuda triangle

Watford's summer plans, led by the ambitious Pozzo family, have seen them enter the Italian world of transfer dominoes.

I wish BR and Potch would get lost in the Bermuda triangle!

I would encourage anyone to see this jewel of an island, but with SFC in Europe, I would spend any extra coin on following our team around Europe!! It is all about the Saints after all!