The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

Managed to pick up both home and away kit shirts for 15 quid each this morning from online shop. Well chuffed.

Did we have a 3rd kit this season, or was the green unusual enough that we didnt need it ?

We haven't had a third shirt at any point wearing adidas (or the year we dipped out). The last 3rd kit was the yellow Umbro which had been the away in the Championship season, and that was so poorly planned by Cortese they sold them off cheap at the end of the previous season. To the shock of no-one even remotely familiar with English club kits, we then wore the all-white away kit ONCE in the League, and the yellow numerous times, including any time we played a team in the red and white stripes we were so sadly lacking.

I did flag up pre-season that we could have drawn someone wearing red and green, like Maritimo, in the Europa League qualifiers. That would have been funny, but they didn't qualify.

Edited by The9

Sorry I tried adding a photo and it would'nt let me

Hi Keith. You'll need to post/upload the photo online and then reference the URL to post it on here. Maybe try an upload site like this: http://postimage.org/

Cheers

The upload allows you to add stuff from your PC direct now, using "Insert Image" then "From Computer"... I did it for this: Saints A 15-16.jpg which was something I threw together end of last season after the leak but prior to the actual announcement.

Basically this site hosts it for you.

The upload allows you to add stuff from your PC direct now, using "Insert Image" then "From Computer"... I did it for this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]1990[/ATTACH] which was something I threw together end of last season after the leak but prior to the actual announcement.

Basically this site hosts it for you.

Ah, cushty. I've learned something today (for a change!) :)

Success! :)

Saints_Kit_a.jpg

I wouldn't think the home shirt is too far off, can't see UA going for anything but stripes for the initial shirt, but if the new rule is for a blank panel on the back of shirts then that must apply to aways aswell?

Could be close with the sponsor too!

If they're forcing blank backs to shirts then it really is time to ditch stripes. It just looks awful having one side stripes. Would work fine with the xerox design or an ajax style though.

I keep saying this but it's the perfect time to switch to the sash permanently.

The sash was a really great kit for a one off season without a sponsor. But i think when you add a sponsor to it, it wouldn't look anywhere near as good.

If they're forcing blank backs to shirts then it really is time to ditch stripes. It just looks awful having one side stripes. Would work fine with the xerox design or an ajax style though.

So bloody obvious that they won't think of it !!

Surely the whole back doesn't have to be blank, just the portion where the numbers are. European clubs with stripes have been successfully doing this for decades. If done right, I don't see what the issue is.

79a5d44d9cca6f18c7316adf3add4ab7.jpg 19a43e3b195af37be9367ab847fe7b89.jpg

São Paulo 2016 Home

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love it. Clean, unique and modern without some **** collar.

However, I think there's a zero chance that we'll be stepping away from the stripes again.

Does anyone know when they will be unveiling the new shirt? I always hate the way we have to wait until the end of July to get our hands on it, especially as its in the summer you would get the more use of it.

Compulsory plain backs have been moved back to 2017/18, some clubs had already made changes for this season and to far down the line to change.

stuipid rule and looks ****

Such a stupid rule, that has no benefit whatsoever.