Ginger Baker & Bewrae Mr Baker

Lord Duckhunter

Did anyone catch the film "Beware of Mr Baker" this week. I watched it on catch up last night, and the guy is a complete and utter nut case. He went round falling out with everyone, telling everyone to **** off, including his son. Attacked Jack Bruce with a knife, drove across deserts in a Range Rover and been on and off heroin most of his life. The highlight was when after allowing the documentary maker to follow him about, live with him and then interview him, he then attacked him with his cane for suggesting he was going to interview bandmates and others from his past. "Don't put them in my ****ing film" he shouts , "I'll put you in hospital" , before breaking the blokes nose. Great musician with some great music, but the bloke must be one of the biggest twts in music history. Compulsive viewing and anyone interested in 60's/70's music should watch it. But I never quite realised what a complete and utter nutter he is even at 70 odd.

Thanks for the reminder, a mate recommended it to me about 2 weeks ago and I never got around to watching it, but I had a spare few hours (well not so much spare, but needed a distraction from doing the chores I should have been doing!!!) and just loved it to bits. Definitely car crash territory, but some amazing footage from way back when.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...