Will the vitesse game sell out?

Roger

I'm in a queue to buy tickets for half my office, hoping that it really is "general sale" and I don't need sodding customer numbers for everyone who is just coming along for a crack.

You will have to register if you dont have an account, but you dont need to be a member or season ticket holder

For those who purchased this morning, have you had a confirmation email yet? According to the site I purchased three today and an additional one on Monday using my membership.

Was told it's one per membership/customer number but it's says four online.

For those who purchased this morning, have you had a confirmation email yet? According to the site I purchased three today and an additional one on Monday using my membership.

I had an email straight after the transaction went through.

had mine a few mins later..

Another one here who tried at 9 on the ticket line and now online with no joy. Just get an answerphone message and then disconnected. The online queue is "less than 45 minutes".. Ho hum.

That 45 minutes is more like 20 minutes in reality. I haven't had any of the issues others seem to have had (links not working etc.). The online queue thing works well- it used to be that it all just crashed or it said 'page not found' when it all got too busy.

There is still loads of availability so unless you particularly want to sit in a specific seat / block just relax and wait for the initial rush to finish and purchase your tickets later today / tomorrow, there is enough to go round.

the hospitality options offered by the club are very good as well, such as £30 in the Saints Bar for best seats in the house.

has anyone got the link to the Vitesse forum where they say they've sold over 1000 of their allocation for this?

Looking quite likely that it will be pretty close to a sell out, just wonder if the announcement that it is BT Sport may slow down the rate at which they are being snapped up though.

One thing for sure, is that the club have got it right in lowering the entrance fee substantially. Similar to The FA Cup 3rd last season v Ipswich, ok them taking up their full allocation helped, but I don't think many people expected that match to sell out and quite a few people, me included nearly got caught out!! Much better to have a full ground, than a half empty stadium.

I'd imagine the few remaining will go over the coming week and according to the Official Vitesse Supporters site they're bringing around 1,800

http://www.vitesse.org/nieuws/vitesse_in_de_media/uit_de_media/veel-vitesse-supporters-naar-southampton.html

They'll make a racket so hopefully everyone's up for it...

that is fantastic support if they are bringing 1800 fans over, looking at the Saints website we have only given them blocks 45-48 which can only hold about that so looks like they'll fill it.

will be good to have most of the Northam for home fans with 43 + 44 , should be a quality atmosphere. I read on Vitesse website that their coaches leave Arnhem 11.30pm Wednesday night and expect to arrive in Southampton 11am Thursday so they've left themselves plenty of time for boozing.

from what i can see there aren't many tickets left now, mostly in the chapel and the family center.

the Saints Bar hospitality is only £30 which is a bargain really for best seat in the house so i reckon that will sell out but the more expensive packages and boxes won't.

I hope we will show the Dutch fans a lot of respect and together both sets of fans can make a cracking atmosphere

it is a two way thing remember, don't assume if there is any bother it will just be because of Saints fans.

I'm sure it will be a great atmosphere around the city during the day on the build up to the game, has anyone shared any info with the Vitesse fans on where best to head for once they arrive? hopefully they get to see some of the smarter parts of the city rather than just head to Yates and the Frog and Parrot like most away fans that come here.

Any Vitesse fans reading this i recommend a visit to the SeaCity museum which is in the town centre, and the Tudor House on Bugle Street, at the bottom of that road there is the Wool House and nearby Platform Tavern to have a drink , and Ocean Village (Marina area) has some nice bars for daytime drinking if the weather is good. I know during term time some places do Student specials drink promotions on a Thursday , not sure what time those offers start from though.

I've been on the Vitesse forum the last week or so.

When they received their tickets they also got a letter from Hampshire police advising them that the recommended away pubs are Yates's, the Spitfire and the Frog and Parrot.

They have 5 coaches coming over that leave Arnhem at 11pm on Wednesday night. So planning on arriving in Southampton at 11am on the Thursday. It'll give them plenty of time for a few cold ones.

Most staying in hotels on the Wednesday and Thursday nights though. Should be a great atmosphere

I'm really really looking forward to this.

I am sooo bored of listening to talk****e, reading papers/websites who go on about how wonderful the PL is and only talk about 5 clubs. There was a bloke who called in talk****e last night (about 1am) from Southampton who questioned them about why it was incessantly Man Utd and Liverpool. They were a bit taken aback and said that they tried to be balanced but had to play to the audience who were predominantly Man Utd and Liverpool. I was tempted to get out of bed and call them and tell them that they were part of the problem that was killing football but as it is an 0871 number I thought ****ed if I was going to help fill their coffers.

Anyway, can get back to Saints and **** all the top 6 and the boring, ever repetitive commentary and the way that they really do throw money at things (which we all do, but to a much lesser extent). Hopefully this latest TV deal will kill football off and it will have to reinvent itself.

I'm really really looking forward to this.

I am sooo bored of listening to talk****e, reading papers/websites who go on about how wonderful the PL is and only talk about 5 clubs. There was a bloke who called in talk****e last night (about 1am) from Southampton who questioned them about why it was incessantly Man Utd and Liverpool..

very true. Listened to talksport tonight.

They spent a few hours talking man united on Drive. Now on saggers show, they are talking united and chelsea.

after, they will probably get at least another hour on united.

that is fantastic support if they are bringing 1800 fans over, looking at the Saints website we have only given them blocks 45-48 which can only hold about that so looks like they'll fill it

http://www.vitesse.org/nieuws/vitesse_in_de_media/uit_de_media/veel-vitesse-supporters-naar-southampton.html

Strange, this official site was saying 1,800 Vitesse fans travelling a few days back, now saying 1,500.

http://www.vitesse.org/nieuws/vitesse_in_de_media/uit_de_media/vitesse-donderdag-in-southampton-gesteund-door-1500-supporters.html