Best team when everyone is fit?

Roger

Forster

Soares fonte new cb Bertrand

Vic Clasie

Tadic mane j rod

Pelle.

Well, if you're saying new CB doesn't that really mean that in line with this game I should put a new player in each position? As I could always pick a better player to give us the "best team". Or you could have just picked Yoshida and I wouldn't have had to make this point. ;)

Forster

Cedric Fonte Yoshida Bertrand

Wanyama Clasie

Mane Juanmi JRod

Pelle

Obviously we'll probably replace Yoshi and bring someone else in, and you could argue Tadic/JWP/Davis instead of Juanmi, but this lad looks really good from the little I've seen of him - think we'll be a very dangerous side with those front 4.

Obviously also depends who we play.

Forster

Cedric Fonte Yoshida Bertrand

Wanyama Clasie

Mane Juanmi JRod

Pelle

Obviously we'll probably replace Yoshi and bring someone else in, and you could argue Tadic/JWP/Davis instead of Juanmi, but this lad looks really good from the little I've seen of him - think we'll be a very dangerous side with those front 4.

Obviously also depends who we play.

That is a strong top 10 team I think.

Forster

Cedric Fonte Yosh Bertrand

Wanyama Clasie

Tadic Mane JRod

Pelle

Personally think Mane has to play as a no.10. Far more influential in a central position, and a perfect foil for Pelle.

Completely agree with that!

Forster

Soares fonte new cb Bertrand

Vic Clasie

Tadic mane j rod

Pelle.

I'm not sure he'll play J Rod in that way. I wouldn't be surprised if he rotates Pelle and J Rod in the target man position depending on strengths and weaknesses of opposition. Personally I would play him and Pelle together - that front 4 (possibly Juanmi for Tadic depending on form) would score a lot of goals and scare a lot of defences.

I'm not sure he'll play J Rod in that way. I wouldn't be surprised if he rotates Pelle and J Rod in the target man position depending on strengths and weaknesses of opposition. Personally I would play him and Pelle together - that front 4 (possibly Juanmi for Tadic depending on form) would score a lot of goals and scare a lot of defences.

J Rod was very effective playing from that position before he was injured. I am sure we will see more movement across the line this season.

If our LCB is Yoshida, I think we need more defensive midfield cover, so I would go with a 4-2-3-1

---------------Forster---------------

Soares—Fonte--Yoshida--Bertrand

-------Clasie------Wanyama-------

----Mane-------Tadic------JRod----

-----------------Pelle----------------

If our LCB is Van Dijk or equal, I think we have Wanyama as the sole DM, so I would go with a 4-1-3-2

---------------Forster----------------

Soares—Fonte--Van Dijk--Bertrand

--------------Wanyama--------------

--Mane--------Clasie---------Tadic--

---------Pelle-----------JRod---------

If our LCB is Yoshida, I think we need more defensive midfield cover, so I would go with a 4-2-3-1

---------------Forster---------------

Soares—Fonte--Yoshida--Bertrand

-------Clasie------Wanyama-------

----Mane-------Tadic------JRod----

-----------------Pelle----------------

If our LCB is Van Dijk or equal, I think we have Wanyama as the sole DM, so I would go with a 4-1-3-2

---------------Forster----------------

Soares—Fonte--Van Dijk--Bertrand

--------------Wanyama--------------

--Mane--------Clasie---------Tadic--

---------Pelle-----------JRod---------

That's interesting. If We had vvd and he was playing well, I would be tempted to play clasie in that role instead of wanyama, then put juanmi behind Pelle/JRod. i.e. drop wanyama to the bench or use him on and off depending on the formation of the team we were playing. I think he's essential, but there's no reason we always need to play 4 at the back and 2 holding MF's.

Away from home 11

------------Forster--------------

Soares---Fonte--Maya--Bertrand

-------Vic-------Reed--------

-----------Clasie-----------

Mane---------------Tadic

----------Pelle------------

At home:

-----------Forster----------

Soares---Fonte--Maya--Bertrand

-------------Vic-------------------

Juanmi----Mane------Tadic

---------Pelle---------------

Time for young Harrison to step up this season, and JRod will have to eased in slowly - he still doesn't look quite right to me in the way he walks/runs. His gait is showing signs of his left knee not straightening right. Of course, this point may be completely moot if it was his right knee that got injured. Which was it?

Just realised I left Clasie out of my "at home 11' - oops. He'd go in for Juanmi on current evidence, but in the centre and shift Mane to the right. Afternoon beering on the Bournemouth beaches… apologies!

and JRod will have to eased in slowly - he still doesn't look quite right to me in the way he walks/runs. His gait is showing signs of his left knee not straightening right. Of course, this point may be completely moot if it was his right knee that got injured. Which was it?
Count me as a constant worrier in regards to JRod, as well.

I could be reading into it of course, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of joy on his face, even after scoring.

A lot of it could be mental, as well. A 25 year old guy who has been in top physical form since he was a teenager, suddenly blows out a leg, on a seemingly harmless play, which causes him to be out 18 months.

My confidence in my body and how it reacts would be shaken if that was me. in the back of my head, I might be constantly thinking.. is this the play or is this the slide or is this the jump, where that possibly happens again? It's got to wear on the mind.

Plus, every little knock, which before he might blow off and say, no biggie, is now potentially amplified in his mind as something way worse.

JRod will have to eased in slowly - he still doesn't look quite right to me in the way he walks/runs. His gait is showing signs of his left knee not straightening right. Of course, this point may be completely moot if it was his right knee that got injured. Which was it?

His right knee.

Pretty much nobody has put Steve Davis in but he will start loads of games.

I don't think we will play four attackers in many games, just as we didn't last season.

That's probably because he primarily plays as an attacking midfielder, but hasn't scored in about a season and a half and only got 2 assists last year. Not remotely good enough.

That's probably because he primarily plays as an attacking midfielder, but hasn't scored in about a season and a half and only got 2 assists last year. Not remotely good enough.

Ronald thinks otherwise, like many others who don't rely solely on number of assist stats which do not tell the whole story. Agree he could do with adding a few goals this season hopefully the 2 on Tuesday will help his confidence in front of goal.

Point is though, when will everyone be fit? November? And with all the games (hopefully!) more injuries to come?

Left side looks fragile and Clasie will need time to bed in. Thank goodness we have an easy start…….!! When have we said that before?