Saints 1 Espanyol 1

alehouseboys

What a bar steward Koeman is giving Rodriquez's comer back with a bunch of also rans. The guy deserves better than this and Koeman will keep him out of the team and play his old cronies.

Its not his comeback, he has played already this season. You really do post some drivel.

Alex Ferguson signed Massimo Taibi, your point is non existent.

Taibi got 2 motm out of his 4 games. FACT (unless thats just an urban myth i heard).... but yes, I kinda agree with you, pros make mistakes all the time. And Gazza was not signed by DW. Problem is if we get in another keeper (which i would do if i were RK) then by the end of the season we will have 5 pro-keepers on the books. I love Kelvin as a servant to the club and seems like a great guy to have in the changing roomms, but it maybe is time he retired to coaching , maybe in Jan?

What a bar steward Koeman is giving Rodriquez's comer back with a bunch of also rans. The guy deserves better than this and Koeman will keep him out of the team and play his old cronies.

Mentalist. Lunatic Fringe. Box of Frogs.

all appropriate.

The club Twitter feed is showing HD replays of action. From what I can tell, Caulker was AWOL outside of the box (to the right!) when the cross came in. Fonte covering right CB. Targett tried to cover Fonte but arrived late and jumped under the ball. Fonte slow to realise and cover Targett. Davis could have done better. Whole defensive shape awful but I want to know why Caulker was where he was when the move started...

Bit of a stop start performance, Espanyol don't deserve to be ahead but we're just lacking something, Juanmi looks good as does Long, Pelle is well Pelle - Caulker looks assured, Targett looks shaky but had a mixed game was at fault for the goal but looks stronger, he is also hitting the lines more which is encouraging. Martina playing well, JWP - Poor, hate to say it. Jay Rod, still off match fitness but he had flashes of danger.

The club Twitter feed is showing HD replays of action. From what I can tell, Caulker was AWOL outside of the box (to the right!) when the cross came in. Fonte covering right CB. Targett tried to cover Fonte but arrived late and jumped under the ball. Fonte slow to realise and cover Targett. Davis could have done better. Whole defensive shape awful but I want to know why Caulker was where he was when the move started...

https://grabyo.com/g/v/0ItZ5oqAsVC

Anyone want to unpick that. Could do with it starting earlier to find out who was at fault, but it looks like Fonte was left with two. Caulker and Martina doing zero defensively as the cross came in.

Problem is if we get in another keeper (which i would do if i were RK) then by the end of the season we will have 5 pro-keepers on the books.

Davis' contract expires in June 2016 and Stekelenburg's loan would have finished.

I love Kelvin as a servant to the club and seems like a great guy to have in the changing roomms, but it maybe is time he retired to coaching , maybe in Jan?

Why would he do that? Coaching who and where?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Looking at a better replay, Caulker at fault for the goal, he was out of position and left Targett with TWO men. He had moments of calm but hopefully he'll explain that one to Koeman.. don't need that in big games, Yoshi wouldn't have let that happen.

He certainly wasn't busting a gut to get back and take one of the two men off Fonte, which is what dragged Targett over. Also, their player had too much time and space to put the cross in in the first place. Oh, and Kelvin really should have saved it. I would say that Fonte and Targett were probably least at fault, even though they were nearest to the ball...

At the game. Something I've not noticed before but Targett seems to have a default mode of crossing the ball into the box the second after he receives the ball. Seems to do it all the time without weighing up his options, even when he has time to do so. Not a criticism per se, just an observation that I've not noticed before.

Davis' contract expires in June 2016 and Stekelenburg's loan would have finished.

Sorry, the second half of the season when Forster is back,,,, Feb to June.

I dont know why? Maybe to have a job, to pay the bills? There has been mentions of him coaching for a long time now.

At the game. Something I've not noticed before but Targett seems to have a default mode of crossing the ball into the box the second after he receives the ball. Seems to do it all the time without weighing up his options, even when he has time to do so. Not a criticism per se, just an observation that I've not noticed before.

True. Not just limited to his crossing. Likes to release people early. Think our first goal against Feyenoord came from something similar.

Caulker wasn't at fault for that goal just because he's playing left centre back, in that passage of play Caulker was on the right and Fonte on the left. So if anything it's Fonte's man yes if they hadn't of swapped it's Caulkers but it's fairly simple to cover your centre back partner and also happens a few times a game. Maybe down to a new centre back pairing but I wouldn't say that goal is Caulkers fault also Davis should of saved it.

I love Kelvin as a servant to the club and seems like a great guy to have in the changing roomms, but it maybe is time he retired to coaching , maybe in Jan?

I dont know why? Maybe to have a job, to pay the bills? There has been mentions of him coaching for a long time now.

He already has a contracted job from Jan to June on a players wage. Why give that up and drop to a coaches salary. Plus Saints already have a number of keeper coaches Watson, Bartram & Flood.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I thought Juanmi was a striker or could play on the left wing? why couldn't we try something different and play him as a striker and drop Pelle? My reason for saying this, what happens if Pelle gets injured or goes on another 14 goal draught? Friendlies are there to test stuff and I'm sure Juanmi played well last season as a striker which is why he caught our scouts eye.