Newcastle 2 Saints 2

Lighthouse

Man of the Match  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match

Seconds out, round one.

Thoughts? Teams? Predictions?

I'm going with the team that beat Vitesse and I think a cagey draw which will largely satisfy both teams.

Probably this, if Clasie is fit. If not, probably JWP with Jrod on bench.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I've been in France where they showed Newcastle v Borussian Monchangladbach on the box. Saw the second half. Newcastle were ok going forward but cr@p at the back, especially the centre backs, Williamson and Taylor. Run at those two with pace and we'll score.

I've been in France where they showed Newcastle v Borussian Monchangladbach on the box. Saw the second half. Newcastle were ok going forward but cr@p at the back, especially the centre backs, Williamson and Taylor. Run at those two with pace and we'll score.

Seems to be the consensus in the press, after pre season, that the toon are a bit better up front now but their defence is no better than last season. Time to unleash Mane on them then?

Reading on their forums a few are happy with the shift to a more attractive style of play. Mclaren insisting on playing it on the floor presumably. However, a few questioning their players ability on the ball and of course as mentioned their defence is still questionable with the much maligned Williamson being particularly at fault/crap.

Should be a decent game to watch but one with mistakes in it. I predict an entertaining score draw as both teams try to adjust to new players. We might sneak it if we get off to a decent start and our pace up front scares the life out of them.

I can't remember the last time I was optimistic of getting anything up at St James'. That win last season has gone a long way to removing the hoodoo.

Our team is still as good as last season if not better, even allowing for the changes in the back four. Despite Newcastle bringing a few players in, I'm confident that we are still a class above them and will start the season with a win.

Every single Premier League game is live on TV somewhere in the world. There will be multiple streams for all of them.

Really helpful answer :-s why didn't I realise that myself?! I specifically need to know the channel though so the guy can find it for us ... He's not going to scroll through his near 800 world wide channels for us! Anyone who has any actual information ... Would be greatfully recieved! Any international channels (not just stream websites) known to be showing the game?

Would love a cagey draw. I think Newcastle will be up for it with a new manager and a few new signings. With Saints playing in Europe and not having got the new CB and CM by then, I really think we'll lose. Think it could be a patchy first couple of months to be honest, but think over the season we'll do fine and be top half again. Just this place will be unbearable after a couple of losses!

we could do without this ridiculous negativity.

people never learn

They are set to have Williamson and Steven Taylor at CB which must be amongst the very worst in the league.

Have to get Mane amongst them.

Yeah I was surprised to see their possible line up. Bar Wijnaldum, it's the same as last season. Very beatable. We'll have done well to get them before their new signings are fully ready.

Yeah I was surprised to see their possible line up. Bar Wijnaldum, it's the same as last season. Very beatable. We'll have done well to get them before their new signings are fully ready.

Hopefully we're also playing them just after they achieve 35 points and just after they sell all their decent players in January again?

Does make you wonder, doesn't it? Has he had a reoccurrence that we don't know about?

The Daily Star have taken that quote out of context by ignoring the question asked, the question was about if he was ready to start games not if he'll be in match day squads.

Another interview Koeman did today with Adam Blackmore and he stated Rodriguez has travelled to the Netherlands and will be in the squad tomorrow and is available to play...

https://audioboom.com/boos/3440439-listen-saintsfc-boss-ronaldkoeman-speaks-to-bigadamsport-ahead-of-tomorrow-night-s-europa-league-tie-at-vitesse

Does make you wonder, doesn't it? Has he had a reoccurrence that we don't know about?

No, he has travelled to Arnhem, he wouldn't have travelled if he was not in with a shout of playing (Long and Clasie did not travel). Doubt he will start, and he will not start Sunday either, but reckon he might be on the bench. I think all that Ronald meant was that he will not be ready to start/play 90 against Newcastle.

Our team is still as good as last season if not better, even allowing for the changes in the back four. Despite Newcastle bringing a few players in, I'm confident that we are still a class above them and will start the season with a win.

How are we better after losing our best midfielder , our best CB and losing Bertrand to injury ?

Genuinely interested how you see it as we seem significantly weaker to me . Thats ignoring our reliance on the static and misfiring Pelle also .

Really helpful answer :-s why didn't I realise that myself?! I specifically need to know the channel though so the guy can find it for us ... He's not going to scroll through his near 800 world wide channels for us! Anyone who has any actual information ... Would be greatfully recieved! Any international channels (not just stream websites) known to be showing the game?

Almost every game is televised in Australia on Fox Sports . Should be simple if he has access to those

Erwin is going to be in charge on Sunday.

Ronald is having surgery in the Netherlands tomorrow and will have to stay in hospital for around a week.

I have no issue with this............. Just about every Dutchman on Holiday had lots of positive to say about Ronald and punctuated it with: and then there is Erwin - the tactician.