Planning to travel to Paris by ferry (good idea of bad idea right now?)

Wrensup

If you live in Hampshire then Dover-Calais is a long way round. There is also Newhaven-Dieppe but that's probably the worst of both options. i used to go regularly wiith P&O Ferries Portsmouth-Le Havre but now we go Portsmouth-Caen. It's a little bit further from paris than Le Havre but if you're going for a few days this is not a problem and if you go overnight then you arrive in Paris late enough to avoid the worst of the rush hour.

If you live in Hampshire then Dover-Calais is a long way round. There is also Newhaven-Dieppe but that's probably the worst of both options. i used to go regularly wiith P&O Ferries Portsmouth-Le Havre but now we go Portsmouth-Caen. It's a little bit further from paris than Le Havre but if you're going for a few days this is not a problem and if you go overnight then you arrive in Paris late enough to avoid the worst of the rush hour.

I am not a great sailor...does it get rough...the Mrs gets bad on the IOW ferry. We have been on a few cruises but those big buggers have great stabilisers.

I am not a great sailor...does it get rough...the Mrs gets bad on the IOW ferry. We have been on a few cruises but those big buggers have great stabilisers.

It depends on the time of year. To be honest I never notice it and it doesn't bother me but we have been bounced around a bit on some of our cruises. If there's any chance that she'll be seasick then just the thought of it is probably bad enough. My mrs can feel a bit sick at times but she just takes the Stugeron tablets (available from boots and all good chemists). The only guaranteed cure for seasickness is to stand under a tree.