Saints willing to listen to offers for Pelle?

BridgnorthSaint

At the end of the article below (hopefully link works) there is mention of Saints being willing to listen to offers for Pelle. Does anyone know if this is true?

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/2571229/manchester-united-made-sadio-mane-approach-last-week

Originally came from Sam Wallace at the Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/sadio-mane-to-manchester-united-southampton-to-reject-attempts-by-united-for-striker-10462584.html

Can't imagine it's remotely true.

At the end of the article below (hopefully link works) there is mention of Saints being willing to listen to offers for Pelle. Does anyone know if this is true?

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/2571229/manchester-united-made-sadio-mane-approach-last-week

Is it me but I can't see anything in that story that relates to Pelle?

No need to jump on original poster he just provided the wrong link in regards to Pelle.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/sadio-mane-to-manchester-united-southampton-to-reject-attempts-by-united-for-striker-10462584.html

Would seem odd to be willing to let him go unless we knew of a ready made replacement. Don't really have another striker like him that holds up the ball and was one of the guys Ronald wanted to bring in. Can't see much in it to be honest.

Edit: See SuperSAINT already posted the link. Can't hurt to have it twice though.

Edited by Diabolus Ex Machina
note

No need to jump on original poster he just provided the wrong link in regards to Pelle.

Would seem odd to be willing to let him go unless we knew of a ready made replacement. Don't really have another striker like him that holds up the ball and was one of the guys Ronald wanted to bring in. Can't see much in it to be honest.

Just asking as I couldn't find what he was talking about. But I agree with you re can't see much in it..........

Pelle is a good player IMO and I can't believe the stick he gets from certain fans. He consistently scores goals yet people seem keen to get rid or replace him players who aren't proven to be better.

Bizarre.

I think Austin is proven to be better. Pelle is pretty good, but Austin is better, younger, English

I think Austin is proven to be better. Pelle is pretty good, but Austin is better, younger, English

and injury prone?? Well that might be a bit OTT but doesn't he have dodgy knees? Anyway, have a feeling that Pelle is going to have a storming season.

and injury prone?? Well that might be a bit OTT but doesn't he have dodgy knees? Anyway, have a feeling that Pelle is going to have a storming season.

good point. Either way, cant see pelle leaving and hope he does better this season. important player for the side

Some Fans were on his back from day one. Was slagged off on here and TUI before he'd played a competitive game, ironically cheered on his home debut. I'm not sure what people expect for a £8m striker, a goal ratio of 1 every 2.47 games is reasonable return, all the players who scored more than him last season cost or are valued at twice or more what he cost us. When he's confident and firing he's quality, but with the way some of our dinlow fans carry on its no wonder he struggles for it at times.

There's NO way on God's green earth that RK would part with Pelle. Wherever Koeman manages, Pelle plays. End of...

Now if I were a typical sports journalist and that was a quote from a "source close to the club", I'd now run a story about how Koeman is rumoured to be leaving Saints and taking Pelle with him.

That's how it works. Seriously guys, if it looks like bullcarp, it more than likely is

Now if I were a typical sports journalist and that was a quote from a "source close to the club", I'd now run a story about how Koeman is rumoured to be leaving Saints and taking Pelle with him.

That's how it works. Seriously guys, if it looks like bullcarp, it more than likely is

Erm except last summer when every journo was utterly derided and actually were more accurate than not...

As Sarnia would say, 'LOL'

Yeah, J-Rod and Morgan went to Spurs didn't they... :lol:

You obviously didn't listen to what I said (and just because they didn't go doesn't mean that there wasn't truth in the original story.) fact is that when these stories came out last year about Adam, lovren, chambers, Lambert, Shaw etc leaving people did the usual thing of saying it was made up, lying, biased journo rubbish when actually they were completely correct. It's idiotic to immediately dismiss an article about a player leaving just because you don't want it to be true.

English, homegrown, in the final year of her contract. Time to get rid. Anyway, I heard she's off her trolley.

I understand Doris has been secretly dreaming of a move to Liverpool for years now and will stop at nothing to get her way. Forum members are naturally invited to immediately forget her many years of faithful service and display a utterly unreasonable degree of hatred towards her - treacherous old cow that she is.

Should she slip on a wayward cupcake and break her hip, that is to be considered a acceptable cause for celebration.

I understand Doris has been secretly dreaming of a move to Liverpool for years now and will stop at nothing to get her way. Forum members are naturally invited to immediately forget her many years of faithful service and display a utterly unreasonable degree of hatred towards her - treacherous old cow that she is.

Should she slip on a wayward cupcake and break her hip, that is to be considered a acceptable cause for celebration.

we will bring in a cheaper tea lady from europe, who will cost half the price. She will deliver the best tea in the first two weeks and we will rejoice that she is better than Doris

It's been a very quiet window and Man U are doing ok, Chelsea are too good to be in trouble and it's only been 2 games, no one has been naughty at any club, Eva the touch line totty has run out of steam.

Come on guys who can we write about.

Saints are a selling club -who's their best players - right get on that as at least one in the bucket of their players thrown at the wall is probably going to stick.

we will bring in a cheaper tea lady from europe, who will cost half the price. She will deliver the best tea in the first two weeks and we will rejoice that she is better than Doris

And then the tea wont be quite as good and you will call it gash and post that we need a younger, British tea lady. You will also point out that Everton kept hold of their tea lady despite interest from Chelsea and that Swansea have won several trophies but have still managed to keep hold of their tea lady.

Pelle is a good player IMO and I can't believe the stick he gets from certain fans. He consistently scores goals yet people seem keen to get rid or replace him players who aren't proven to be better.

Bizarre.

Word. And people seem overly confident that Charlie Austin would do better than Pellé.

She'll probably be alright until October, then the tea will be a lot weaker for a few weeks before she goes missing for a few months and it'll never be the same when she returns after Christmas.

I look at the first goal at SMS against Vitesse and got quite excited for the forthcoming season. If he can do that week in, week out (which there is no reason why he shouldn't) then there will be large number of servings of humble pie.

Just a reminder for those who might have forgotten:

She'll probably be alright until October, then the tea will be a lot weaker for a few weeks before she goes missing for a few months and it'll never be the same when she returns after Christmas.

She's also injury prone. I bet she'll do her hamstring in the first week, we did well to get rid imho.