Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

The press pack obviously think we've got off lightly this summer so far - time to give us both barrels now as we enter the final stretch of the window!

So in the last 12 hours - Mane, Vic and Pelle all potential departures depending on which paper you read :lol:

Wanyama really has no reason to go there, they are playing in exactly the same competitions this season as we are. I expect him to leave next summer but to a club in the Champions League.

Apart from the only reason that really matters to any professional footballer - more money.

Roll on September is all I can say.

The press pack obviously think we've got off lightly this summer so far - time to give us both barrels now as we enter the final stretch of the window!

So in the last 12 hours - Mane, Vic and Pelle all potential departures depending on which paper you read :lol:

Not sure why it's so funny. People laughed about the stories last summer and then it turned out they were all true. It may not happen of course but I won't be dismissing it so readily after last year.

Not sure why it's so funny. People laughed about the stories last summer and then it turned out they were all true. It may not happen of course but I won't be dismissing it so readily after last year.

Were they? Didn't realise J-Rod and Morgan went to Spurs... :mcinnes:

Does anyone else see Wanyama as pretty-good-but-not-that-special?

I certainly don't think he's good enough for any of the big four. His passing is mediocre and he adds very little going forward. Can't score goals, can't really beat a man.

Defensively he's solid as anything I grant you, but I'm just surprised that there's *that* much interest in him.

Does anyone else see Wanyama as pretty-good-but-not-that-special?

I certainly don't think he's good enough for any of the big four. His passing is mediocre and he adds very little going forward. Can't score goals, can't really beat a man.

Defensively he's solid as anything I grant you, but I'm just surprised that there's *that* much interest in him.

Why are you judging him on his goal scoring and ability to dribble past players? They aren't important attributes in the role of a defensive midfielder. Claude Makelele scored 17 goals in 607 club games, does that make him a bad defensive midfielder?

Edited by Matthew Le God

That just makes you stupid - Sorry

Fair enough Gemmel!

I just prefer to watch the Saints for the occasion and day out now (Holland was outstanding), I enjoy new players emerging through the ranks like many, but the rest is all rather inevitable for me. I have lost that element and emotional attachment to the game(/players, SFC mean nothing to them really lets face it) with all the big money etc, I just don't worry about it now.

COYRs

Fair enough Gemmel!

I just prefer to watch the Saints for the occasion and day out now (Holland was outstanding), I enjoy new players emerging through the ranks like many, but the rest is all rather inevitable for me. I have lost that element and emotional attachment to the game(/players, SFC mean nothing to them really lets face it) with all the big money etc, I just don't worry about it now.

COYRs

As one of the marketing things that came out of the club said "it's the name on the front of the shirt that matters, not the name on the back" (or something like that)

As one of the marketing things that came out of the club said "it's the name on the front of the shirt that matters, not the name on the back" (or something like that)

I guess the marketing department would care more about the sponsors than the players ;)

I honestly don't think we will sell anyone now

1) it's to close to the end of the window to start sorting out replacements we have enough new players to bed in as it is

2) Koeman is already making noises about the difficulties at the back being down to losing so many players from the defensive unit (not all sold granted)

3) we need to keep some players to sell next summer

4) We will want serious money so spurs are out and man u would have to pay more than they were willing to pay for Pedro

Now having said all that I fully expect Mane, Pelle and Victor out of tonight's game while they have medicals :?

I see the Bed wetters are back in earnest! Oh a bid come in! Oh we are going to sell our entire team! What a load of b*llocks!

Why would we sell any player? We are in the Europa League, we need more players not less. When will people realise that the English press is hell bent on selling every player that is signed for Saints.

I see the Bed wetters are back in earnest! Oh a bid come in! Oh we are going to sell our entire team! What a load of b*llocks!

Appears that you are the only one who is actually stating this in any form whatsoever. Imagining bed-wetters, that really is about as bad as it gets.

As with Morgan, why aren't arsenal desperate to sign him? If there's one thing they need its a top DM.

Because his passing ability is not good enough for them. They really should have bought Morgan, no idea why Wenger passed on him.

Because his passing ability is not good enough for them. They really should have bought Morgan, no idea why Wenger passed on him.

Didn't like the price I expect...or didn't want to admit that he should have signed him years ago.

Other than that we may have been a bit brusque with them last summer and again in January.

Why are you judging him on his goal scoring and ability to dribble past players? They aren't important attributes in the role of a defensive midfielder. Claude Makelele scored 17 goals in 607 club games, does that make him a bad defensive midfielder?

No, but Claude Makelele had flawless vision, perfect awareness, and could pass accurately first-time with both feet over more-or-less any distance. Victor isn't anywhere near his equal in those attributes.

As such, the question "well what's he like going forward?" is a reasonable one.

The fact that Neymar is thin-as-a-pin and yet is a world-class striker for Barcelona and Brazil doesn't mean that physical strength isn't normally a useful attribute for a striker.

I'm now operating on the assumption that when I post to say "I expect X to leave next summer" one of the top 6 will make an offer for them within 2 weeks.

So far that's Mane, Wanyama and Pelle rumoured - only Cedric to go (as I originally posted it in response to Fonte bid rumours).

FWIW I don't see anyone leaving in this transfer window, and if we slide back into Prem mid-table mediocrity like I think we will this season with the focus on Europa I'm not entirely sure the excitement around players won't move on to others (Stoke's new side, Swansea are well overdue for a pillaging, and maybe more than just Bolasie at Palace).

Have to say, looking at the fixture list I'm not sure where the next points are coming from.

I have to say, I feel the same. That Everton performance really knocked me back. Hopefully Romeu will start alongside Vic and Caulker will come in at CB with Yoshida moving to LB, but even that doesn't fill me with confidence.