Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

Bid or no bid. Transfer request or no transfer request, if Ron says no one else is leaving in this window I am inclined to believe him.

So do I. But clearly Wanyama isn't very happy.

No wonder our start to the season has been ****, so much going on behind the scenes.

Window should shut first game of the season.

When the best GK in the league isn't starting for the biggest team in the league due to transfer speculation then you know it isn't working.

If Spurs are pushing hard the next step is a transfer request, which is quite at odds with Koeman saying there has been no bids.

He has been known not to be entirely truthful before to the media, would imagine they have bid.

Really? Care to give some examples of RK not telling the media the whole truth? Can't say any spring to mind, but maybe you keep a more careful ear to his every public utterance.

No wonder our start to the season has been ****, so much going on behind the scenes.

When the best GK in the league isn't starting for the biggest team in the league due to transfer speculation then you know it isn't working.

How do we know he isn't happy? Because Spuds spread a rumour? He may well fancy a move, I expect most players in the Premiership would want to double or treble their earnings and play in the CL but it aint gonna happen until it happens. I agree with the window though, it should be done away with. It used to work well enough where the window closed in March. It just makes for a media circus now but if they have to have one, shut it down at the start of the season.

wanyama at 60% of his potential is probably better than the dross saints would get in before the window closes, keeping him is essential, can see an agreement being in place like Morgan that he can leave next summer.

Really? Care to give some examples of RK not telling the media the whole truth? Can't say any spring to mind, but maybe you keep a more careful ear to his every public utterance.

He said just days before we signed Alderweireld that it would be impossible to sign him.

He also said just a day before Toby signed for Spurs that Toby wanted to move here (he clearly knew at that point it was done).

He said Ramirez was welcomed back then a week later said "everyone knows it is difficult for Gaston to stay here."

He said in the summer there was no chance of Jay Rod being ready to be a starter in the league until after a few weeks and then he started the first game.

Not a pop at Ronald at all but I would be wary of believing anything any Manager says, they all have their reasons.

Edited by Saint Charlie

He said just days before we signed Alderweireld that it would be impossible to sign him.

He also said just a day before Toby signed for Spurs that Toby wanted to move here (he clearly knew at that point it was done).

He said Ramirez was welcomed back then a week later said "everyone knows it is difficult for Gaston to stay here."

Not a pop at Ronald at all but I would be wary of believing anything any Manager says, they all have their reasons.

Brilliant, so your 'lies' are based on his assumptions that he knew Toby was going to Spurs, but still said he was coming here (which would an idiotic thing to do if he didn't believe it), and that the time between Gaston being welcomed back and his subsequent injuries, he changed his mind?

In relation to Toby the impossible comment was due to the fact that Atletico weren't accepting our offers after getting ****ed off that we wanted our £2m.

Top class work Charlie, really top class.

The impossible comment was the year before when we signed him on loan.

Of course things change but I wouldn't hang onto every word a PL Manager says in a press conference. They give away what they want and keep to themselves what they want.

When the Manager says "you need to ask the Chairman about that" it isn't because they genuinely don't know. Or then Ronald knows for a fact we haven't had an offer for Wanyama or Mane but doesn't know if we have bid for Van Dijk.

That is all.

I'm pretty sure someone posted on here that he was in hospital before there was any publicity about the stomach illness. I'm therefore inclined to believe that the most likely explanation is that he is indeed ill.

Yeah sounds like he would struggle to make Sunday too on that basis.

Such a shame Clasie got that injury.

Wanyama is not going anywhere. My daughter is a cleaner at his house. He's simply ill at the moment. (As stated)

On the assumption that you are not a WUM, thanks for posting this. I guess this makes it pretty unequivocal.

Hope you havent endangered your daughter's job though...

Wanyama is not going anywhere. My daughter is a cleaner at his house. He's simply ill at the moment. (As stated)

Can you provide photographic evidence of the texture of his poop. Please make sure that his earlobe is also visible in the picture!

Bid or no bid. Transfer request or no transfer request, if Ron says no one else is leaving in this window I am inclined to believe him.

Yeah, just like Reed last season saying none of our stars would leave

Then, after checking SFC had sold enough Season Tickets, the "Sales" began

No different to this year

Managers have to assemble New Teams every year with what is left over

Fred Karno time

My sister in law is Wanyama's chef and she has confirmed he just put back a full rack of ribs.

He's gone.

Jeez....it's common knowledge that in Kenya they chomp on a full rack of ribs to aid stomach complaints. Ffs, dont you people know anything?!

He said in the summer there was no chance of Jay Rod being ready to be a starter in the league until after a few weeks and then he started the first game.

You've done it now Charlie, never ever raise your voice to the saints' iron legion, the club are marvelous, never lie, never make mistakes and every single ounce of media attention we've been getting is correct and perfectly deserved (unless we don't like it)!!!!

I don't care a monkey's if he's happy or not. Are you happy in your job every day?. If Ronald says he's not going that's good enough for me. Now he just has to knuckle down and do his job like the rest of us.

Can't disagree with that though unlike Vic I do have the ability to hand in my notice and then leave after 3 months if I so wish.

I'm not saying Wanyama is staying or going, but what Koeman says cannot be taken as truth. He said Toby was still going to join while the man himself was having a medical at Spurs.

Can't disagree with that though unlike Vic I do have the ability to hand in my notice and then leave after 3 months if I so wish.

Agree though he could hand in a transfer request ... of course we can decline but, if he was that eager to leave, he may be willing to forfeit a few quid (not that many players have the stones to do that!).

I'm not saying Wanyama is staying or going' date=' but what Koeman says cannot be taken as truth. He said Toby was still going to join while the man himself was having a medical at Spurs.[/quote']

No he didn't. He said that the player had told him that he wanted to stay at Saints. At no point do I recall him saying that Toby was definitely going to sign - just that he was hopeful. Even Toby's Dad on the weekend before he signed for Spuds was saying that nothing had been decided. Not sure how that makes Ron a liar?

Yeah, just like Reed last season saying none of our stars would leave

Then, after checking SFC had sold enough Season Tickets, the "Sales" began

No different to this year

Managers have to assemble New Teams every year with what is left over

Fred Karno time

No he didn't, he said that we didn't have to sell. I don't recall him saying that no one would be sold. Feel free to check back and find the quotes and I will apologise if I am wrong.

You've done it now Charlie, never ever raise your voice to the saints' iron legion, the club are marvelous, never lie, never make mistakes and every single ounce of media attention we've been getting is correct and perfectly deserved (unless we don't like it)!!!!

I wasnt making a point about Saints tbh just that all Managers put out there what they want to. I wouldn't always believe it as gospel truth.

I do believe Wanyama is ill too, but also that he probably is pushing to leave.

There is a vast difference in picking up the club on making mistakes and slagging them off for mistakes that haven't actually been made. But hey, if you want to believe that the manager and the Board are a bunch of liars then so be it. Lets have a little look at Charlie Boys examples shall we?

1. It is quite possible at that point that Ron had been told that they couldn't reach a deal.

2. He said he had had a conversation with Toby and Toby had said he wanted to stay. Toby's Dad was saying the weekend before he moved to Spuds that nothing had been agreed. I suspect he knew around the same time that we did that Toby had decided to go elsewhere. Why would he say that Toby was up for joining if he knew damn well that the papers would be full of Toby with his Spuds shirt the next day?

3. He welcomed Gaston back and said that he had a chance to stake his claim and guess what, he got injured again. So maybe, just maybe, that changed the situation a bit?

4. Again, if he is told something by his medical staff and something changes, that makes him a liar?

Also don't forget that the guy is Dutch and English is not his first language.

But when we bought them, they were unknowns. Very much in the same way as Soares, Juanmi and Clasie are. In a few seasons we'll probably be saying ''we should be buying quality like Clasie'' etc.

At the end of a day, we cannot buy the finished product. We develop talent into the finished product. I've accepted that's our place.

No they weren't. Wanyama took the p*ss out of Barcelona for goodness sake

I'm not saying Wanyama is staying or going' date=' but what Koeman says cannot be taken as truth. He said Toby was still going to join while the man himself was having a medical at Spurs.[/quote']

He really didn't. What he actually said was that he was still confident - which I'm sure he was because Toby always maintained he was happy whilst on loan and was grateful to the club.

I wasnt making a point about Saints tbh just that all Managers put out there what they want to. I wouldn't always believe it as gospel truth.

I do believe Wanyama is ill too, but also that he probably is pushing to leave.

So when the club says he is happy to stay and a release from Spuds says he wants to go, you believe the Spuds PR machine?

No he didn't. He said that the player had told him that he wanted to stay at Saints. At no point do I recall him saying that Toby was definitely going to sign - just that he was hopeful. Even Toby's Dad on the weekend before he signed for Spuds was saying that nothing had been decided. Not sure how that makes Ron a liar?

Yes fair enough. How about this then: It makes him uninformed so I wouldn't take what he says on transfers as verbatim.

I know that some of the posters on here will not like this because it doesn't suit their agenda, but I think - at the moment - that we have an owner, a Board and a management team that have a great deal of integrity and that they are all pulling together for the good of the club.

Yes fair enough. How about this then: It makes him uninformed so I wouldn't take what he says on transfers as verbatim.

Exactly. People cling to the comments of a Manager in a press conference but they are putting across the PR spin of their club (understandably) and obviously situations change.

The comments of RK versus Delia for example are not dissimilar even though we know Celtic will sell Van Dijk.

Managers comments are as much PR/game playing as anything else.

The Club haven't said Wanyama is happy to stay unless I missed it?

They just said nobody is being sold.

There have been various snippets from ITKs but lets try this another way. The release that he was unhappy came from Spuds. How do you know that is the case and that he is unhappy?

I know that some of the posters on here will not like this because it doesn't suit their agenda, but I think - at the moment - that we have an owner, a Board and a management team that have a great deal of integrity and that they are all pulling together for the good of the club.

Nobody is disputing that. We won't sell Wanyama or Mane this window.

There have been various snippets from ITKs but lets try this another way. The release that he was unhappy came from Spuds. How do you know that is the case and that he is unhappy?

But you said "the club says he is happy to stay".

Apart from they haven't, have they? You made it up.

As for Wanyama's state of mind, I have no idea of course.

So having just said that you don't know Vics state of mind, here you say he clearly isn't happy???