Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

We've already had one expensive wa*ker in Osvaldo and another of our highest earners Gaston Ramirez has been a tragic waste of a monthly wage, I'd sell the greedy spaghetti eating mercenary but definitely not to Spurs

They're the only ones interested.

Wanyama isn't good enough for top four clubs.

A year ago this sort of hatred was being levelled at Morgan, he came back and gave us a good year. big Vic should be helped to do the same, not hounded out of town. Its the whole football setup which is at fault, plus greedy agents and in this case Levy and Spurs, Big Vic needs help coping with that lot. Ok he'll go eventually but let him come back and be welcomed back, he has been a very good part of our rise in the Premiership

Big difference......Morgan got upset but then knuckled down and got a dream move. He did not refuse to play in important games.

Victor has been badly advised - either that or he is a complete t****r.

wasnt morgan left out of the liverpool game away last season due to not being in the right place to play?

Big difference......Morgan got upset but then knuckled down and got a dream move. He did not refuse to play in important games.

Victor has been badly advised - either that or he is a complete t****r.

But he did very publicly bleat about his progress had been ruined. Victor as far as I know has kept his thoughts inside the club. I would happily have him back if he turns his attitude around, same as Morgan

wasnt morgan left out of the liverpool game away last season due to not being in the right place to play?

Nope. He was left out of the squad for the final friendly match - against Leverkusen - then Ronald chucked him straight into the starting line-up at Anfield with no preseason games under his belt.

Nope. He was left out of the squad for the final friendly match - against Leverkusen - then Ronald chucked him straight into the starting line-up at Anfield with no preseason games under his belt.

just had a look. yes he played

vic appears to be a ****.

Sky sports reporting that he hasn't travelled to meet up with the Kenyan squad

If true, maybe dropped given his current attitude and mental state. Sky "speculating" (not even Sky sources say) that he's staying to complete a transfer.

Feels like desperation to me.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

If true, maybe dropped given his current attitude and mental state. Sky "speculating" (not even Sky sources say) that he's staying to complete a transfer.

Feels like desperation to me.

Well as we've said we're not selling him he might as well have a 10 day jolly in Kenya really. Bloke has serious issues it would seem.

On Romeu's performance yesterday I don't see Wanyama as first choice, Romeu brought all the strength, tackling and positioning Wanyama brings but also much better link play and all round passing.

Aside playing the big teams away I'd rather have someone like JWP or Clasie next to Romeu for better balance and passing than two out and out DMs.

Let him sit in the reserves for a few weeks improve his attitude and eat some humble pie, unlike Morgan or Mane he's not as essential to our team, we have other options there. Plus maybe Spurs will buy someone else and he'll be left with nowhere to go.

Wanyama isn't keen to leave saints he's happy and wants to stay long term. He asked club for longer contract and club came back with poor offer. He wasn't expecting what Spurs can offer but something half decent. Spurs bid 20 million with lamela included. Also, he was just a bit concerned that club have sold a purple of players they shouldn't have and expressed this to club. He's happy to stay but just wants club to give him a longer contract. Think this may work out. I'm not claiming I'm ever in the know but on this have a very good source.

Wanyama isn't keen to leave saints he's happy and wants to stay long term. He asked club for longer contract and club came back with poor offer. He wasn't expecting what Spurs can offer but something half decent. Spurs bid 20 million with lamela included. Also, he was just a bit concerned that club have sold a purple of players they shouldn't have and expressed this to club. He's happy to stay but just wants club to give him a longer contract. Think this may work out. I'm not claiming I'm ever in the know but on this have a very good source.

Is it Victor?

sounds like total bollorks if you don't mind me saying so. If he just wanted a longer contract then there's no reason for him to all wrong in the head about it now is there. Whether he gets it last week or next week makes absolutely no difference at all and there's no earthly reason for him to kick up trouble when we have an important game.

On Romeu's performance yesterday I don't see Wanyama as first choice, Romeu brought all the strength, tackling and positioning Wanyama brings but also much better link play and all round passing.

Aside playing the big teams away I'd rather have someone like JWP or Clasie next to Romeu for better balance and passing than two out and out DMs.

Let him sit in the reserves for a few weeks improve his attitude and eat some humble pie, unlike Morgan or Mane he's not as essential to our team, we have other options there. Plus maybe Spurs will buy someone else and he'll be left with nowhere to go.

A bit of revisionism going on here. While Romeu had a blinder, let's be fair, Norwich were pretty awful with 8 starters from their Championship side. Against most other Prem sides Romeu is going to need help and a clear headed Wanyama is just the player we need firing alongside to build something like we had with MS and Vic. I understand the annoyance and disappointment with what Wanyama is seemingly doing, but let's not pretend he isn't a unique, powerhouse defensive midfielder, and most weeks we are going to need both of them.

A bit of revisionism going on here. While Romeu had a blinder, let's be fair, Norwich were pretty awful with 8 starters from their Championship side. Against most other Prem sides Romeu is going to need help and a clear headed Wanyama is just the player we need firing alongside to build something like we had with MS and Vic. I understand the annoyance and disappointment with what Wanyama is seemingly doing, but let's not pretend he isn't a unique, powerhouse defnsive midfielder, and most weeks we are going to need both of them.

Just what I was thinking, before we all start getting starry eyed about JWP, Romeu etc we need to see what they can do against decent opposition because Norwich were absolutely clueless yesterday. We played well, they're just a bunch of championship hacks reduced to 10 after a few minutes for 2 of the silliest close together cards that'll you'll ever see.

We can judge our side and our players after the Utd game.

20 million plus Lamela who cost them 30 million seems unbelievable to me. Not saying you didn't hear it this way though.

Even then as Koeman has no time whatsoever for the South American lightweight that we already own he's not very likely to swop a decent but temporarily troublesome DM for another one in the same mould. It's all just specualtion, Lamela is signing for Marseille on loan..

In just saying things with Vic wint be as bad as they seem and also gives saints time to offer new contract after transfer deadline.

20 million plus Lamela who cost them 30 million seems unbelievable to me. Not saying you didn't hear it this way though.

On loan.

Ah, okay, thanks for clarifying. Personally I wouldn't want a player that Poch can't get playing for him.

I wouldn't deal with Spurs as a matter of principal anyway.

I'm not sure you can justify judging our side against Norwich (a contender for relegation) or Man U (a contender for the title) as you're using two extremes. It's better to judge us against teams like Spurs, Swansea and seemingly Palace, our 6th -10th placed rivals.

This.

I'm not sure you can justify judging our side against Norwich (a contender for relegation) or Man U (a contender for the title) as you're using two extremes. It's better to judge us against teams like Spurs, Swansea and seemingly Palace, our 6th -10th placed rivals.

Could have said West Brom as that's our next game i think, preferred to cite Utd as it's the one after.

We're less than ten games in. How do you know those sides are going to be our rivals for those places, or that Norwich are relegation fodder and United title contenders?

After tomorrow he has absolutely nothing to gain by being negative. The longer he goes without playing the more he is likely to relegate himself to 3rd or 4th choice DM and that won't make him attractive for a move.

He does need to speak with Morgan, or at least start thinking straight about Morgan's response in a similar situation last year.

I expect him to leave next year, but his only suitors at the moment seem to be Spurs. If he wants a big move, he has work to do to prove his worth and commitment.

But he knuckled down before the season started. Wanyama has looked lazy, barely tracking back at times, all season so far. The Midgetland home game an excellent example, watch the goal back but keep your eyes on Victor and ask yourself what the feck is he doing.

Totally agree and I said that at the time during the game. Couldn't believe my eyes at the sheer lack of effort. Disgusting - some of us have waited a long time to go on a European tour and a gutless performance like that destroyed it

Totally agree and I said that at the time during the game. Couldn't believe my eyes at the sheer lack of effort. Disgusting - some of us have waited a long time to go on a European tour and a gutless performance like that destroyed it

All part of his totally misguided attempt, badly advised by his agent I guess, to persuade us to let him go.

Romeu was a very astute purchase.

Vic at his best is a beast but his distribution skills are not world class, which is why Saints was probably a good logical career step for him. He is not irreplaceable but we might find only Spurs come in for him at £20m as I don't think he is good enough for any of the top 4. I would work on a replacement and sell him in January to avoid the same issue as Clyne

For those who are saying we should just get rid, consider the impact of that in the future. We can't allow players to just get what they want whenever they or their agents throw a strop, or they will all be trying it soon enough.

The club are right in their stance of saying neither Vic or Mane will leave this late in the window, as enough have left already (which we are still working on replacing at this point), and it would not be possible to recruit good enough replacements in the time left.

As for Vic's attitude, if he has any sense at all and cares about his career, he will apologise and knuckle down again soon enough once the window has closed, just as Morgan did last season.

Hi guys, there's quite a few of you on ours so I thought I'd join here - quite interesting reads.

Literally just to ask a question - what sell on percentage do we have for the big guy. We all have our 'ideas' but nobody really has any clue, maybe you guys do.

We all have a soft spot for Southampton on our end - good club, nice fans (bar this one w*nker on our forum) and a soul - unlike other EPL teams. Know how it feels continuously having to buy and sell, repeating the process ad infinitum. Its heartbreaking as a fan and you really question your beliefs in football sometimes. Can't say I feel that sorry for you guys (tongue firmly in cheek). At least you guys get a bucket load of cash and can spend quite a bit, paying big wages. You (sort of) get to buy an established player. Whilst he may not be polished most of the time, it's more than we can hope for.

As for Wanyama, I don't have as glowing an opinion of him as other Celtic fans do. He's a £12m brick wall in my mind - a battering ram. However, at his best he is very effective at what he does. A Tottenham or Arsenal could really do with that sort of player and leave the fancy stuff to other more tchnically gifted players.

He hasn't progressed as much as we thought he would: vision, passing, shooting and reading the game. Still sloppy and and quite a bumbling player. I certainly don't think he's as good as he believes.

His agent is a right tool. Far too much to say for himself and money orientated. I wouldn't be surprised if he was engineering all of this unrest. Unfortunately these African lads are mislead wildly by agents who take advantage of the players and their families, due to the crippling financial difficulties they face at home.

Anyway, good luck for the season ahead!