Ralph Kruger

9-3

9 reactions, and not a single one replying to the perfectly valid point that Krueger was full-of-mouth and soundbites last summer whilst the club flogged the silverware, and not a peep this summer.

No we get nine sneering posts accusing the OP of being a troll.

Mods (if there are any left), for gods sake get a grip. A small clique is stifling discussion and criticism around here with comments about trolling, bed-wetting, jumping to conclusions (well, there are 9 days left and no sign of the additional signings we desperately need), and various other forms abuse more targeted at individuals.

9 reactions, and not a single one replying to the perfectly valid point that Krueger was full-of-mouth and soundbites last summer whilst the club flogged the silverware, and not a peep this summer.

Mods (if there are any left), for gods sake get a grip. A small clique is stifling discussion and criticism around here with comments about trolling, bed-wetting, jumping to conclusions (well, there are 9 days left and no sign of the additional signings we desperately need), and various other forms abuse more targeted at individuals.

It's an intolerable situation.

That's what happens when you don't go to games, you miss his motivational speech pre Everton. I'm sure its on YouTube or something somewhere.

Krueger was full-of-mouth and soundbites last summer whilst the club flogged the silverware

A small clique is stifling discussion and criticism

Genuinely is there a discussion to have?

The criticism is unjust in mosts opionions

Last summer we sold our best players, Krueger was vocal because the fans demanded answers! Judge us at the end of the window he said, we replaced players and had our best season in the premier league ever!! I (and many others) don’t know how it’s possible to find reasons to criticise the leadership that got us 7th place and european football.

shut up you irritating **** and read Dan Johnson's post above

Genuinely is there a discussion to have?

The criticism is unjust in mosts opionions

Last summer we sold our best players, Krueger was vocal because the fans demanded answers! Judge us at the end of the window he said, we replaced players and had our best season in the premier league ever!! I (and many others) don’t know how it’s possible to find reasons to criticise the leadership that got us 7th place and european football.

Because they have taken their eye off the ball this summer and left us in a mess. Probably to cash-in some chips.

Take the Wanyama story. What if he forces a move this week ? We'd need to find someone else. The managment have know for ages he looks unlikely to sign a new contract. We cant even nail down a CB (with a couple of months notice since the last b*ll*ck drop), let alone find a CDM at such short notice.

Because they have taken their eye off the ball this summer and left us in a mess. Probably to cash-in some chips.

Take the Wanyama story. What if he forces a move this week ? We'd need to find someone else. The managment have know for ages he looks unlikely to sign a new contract. We cant even nail down a CB (with a couple of months notice since the last b*ll*ck drop), let alone find a CDM at such short notice.

Why are you worrying about a hypothetical that hasn't happened? We have enough things to concern yourself with without doing that.

No way will he go in the next week or so, absolutely no chance. He'll go next summer, along with Mane and possibly a few others....it's the "model"

No way will he go in the next week or so, absolutely no chance. He'll go next summer, along with Mane and possibly a few others....it's the "model"

The only thing I don't understand about 'the model', which is more imposed on us than through choice admittedly, is what we'll do with all the extra cash we generate from buying a player, developing him, and selling him on for a lot of money. Eventually there should be a decent cash surplus - but how do we make that work for us in current FFP rules etc.?

That said, I don't think there is anywhere near as much cash in the bank as people think from all the sales.

The only thing I don't understand about 'the model', which is more imposed on us than through choice admittedly, is what we'll do with all the extra cash we generate from buying a player, developing him, and selling him on for a lot of money. Eventually there should be a decent cash surplus - but how do we make that work for us in current FFP rules etc.?

That said, I don't think there is anywhere near as much cash in the bank as people think from all the sales.

There won't be a decent cash surplus because of the training ground developments. We didn't get given that as a gift for a sustainable future.

Please explain how they have taken their eye off the ball?

Please explain what you mean by cashing in some chips?

Do you think that Koeman is lying when he says no one else is leaving this summer?

We have "nailed down" one CB and are working on another. Please explain why we "cant nail down a CB?"

I assume that you are referring to the Toby situation re "the last b*ll*ck drop?" Please explain who we dropped a b*ll*ck?

Finally, given that you make the same complaints about the club year in, year out, please explain why you continue to support such a badly run club as SFC?

Perhaps you and Batman should both get a transfer to Everton?

There won't be a decent cash surplus because of the training ground developments. We didn't get given that as a gift for a sustainable future.

Capital expenditure like the training ground is really ever paid down over one or two accounting years.....Think 10-15 years or more, similar to when we had a mortgage on SMS......Or in other words a drop in the ocean considering the current TV money and player sales.

Maybe just maybe not spunking all the money on over-priced players has more to do with developing long-term, and maybe just maybe, Ralph Krueger is there to provide the leadership to get them there. Social media has made it more difficult to be a fan of a smaller club as we are open game to the media but even then, big clubs can shaft themselves. It is likely that Man Utd briefed the media they were after Neymar to make themselves look good to their 'fans' without remembering Barcelona are a bigger club than them thus making themselves look very foolish because the transfer is unlikely. As much as it is painful to lose players, it surely has little to do with asset stripping and maximising profit (not a bad thing in business though) when you can see money is being spent elsewhere, and invested in things behind the scenes to make things better for the future. Things don't just doesn't happen overnight.

Take the Wanyama story. What if he forces a move this week?

The club has previous with this to be fair, in refusing Schneiderlin the chance to leave last summer. Koeman (Presumably with the backing of the board) has stated categorically no one will leave this transfer window, just as they said no one else would leave after the sales last year (referring to Jrod & Schneiderlin) for me, they haven’t given me any reason to doubt them.

I agree that the club commenting earlier in the summer that the chances of Alderweireld signing & Clyne staying were good, wasn’t great PR.

However, I don’t think you can draw comparisons between them saying something WON’T happen and something may happen. The openness between board and fans (that I assume) the original poster is requesting from Krueger (and what is generally the SFC policy) has then been used as a stick to beat them with.

Because they have taken their eye off the ball this summer and left us in a mess.

I can only assume that after our record breaking last season, the above statement refers solely to this season & 3 results in the premier league (and possibly 1 in the Europa league?)

I think it’s incredibly dangerous to make anyone accountable after just 3/4 results! Especially when you could argue that there is only 1 really poor result (the home result to Everton)

Drawing 2-2 to Newcastle (who spent heavily and have a new manager), Drawing to the champions of Denmark, Drawing away to a Watford side who are really an unknown at this stage, why maybe disappointing is no reason to reach for the pitch forks just yet. The season is 38 games long, it’s always judged at the end.

We cant even nail down a CB (with a couple of months notice since the last b*ll*ck drop)

Les Reed has come out and said we did all we could to sign Alderweireld, those that are critical of him wont believe him, those that are fans of his will defend him. What none of us know is the ins & outs of any deal between Saints & Athletico or between Tottenham & Athletico. We don’t know what Toby said to Saints, what he promised us or what Tottenham promised us.

The fact of the matter is he went to Tottenham, Tottenham at this stage of the season have the same amount of points as us.

Stoke were widely applauded on this site for having the right transfer policy this summer, showing ambition and signing the right players… they also have the same amount of points as us.

We don’t know what the end of the transfer window may bring, I would rather we wait until the last day of the window to sign a player we feel is the right fit than sign a player that is available. As Louis Van Gaal says “it’s a process” it’s not just a case of signing a player that’s available & there’s any number of mitigating circumstances outside of our control that contribute to the length of time it takes to sign a player.

We needed a CB last summer, Alderweireld signed on the last day of the transfer window… likelihood being that he was keeping his options open until the last minute in the hope that someone or something better would come along. It worked in our favour last summer, it worked against us when he signed for spurs. Such is life

For me, the grip should be with the modern game & the media coverage of transfers and transfer rumours.

We see all the time (with sterling, now with berhino) and with our players last & this summer than it effects them, it effects the team.

There’s very little the bored can do to stop that, other than shutting players off from all media outlets until the window is closed!

For me, the transfer window should close a week before the season starts and open once the season has finished. If your squads not deep enough… tough, you better hope you have a good academy to coup.

Capital expenditure like the training ground is really ever paid down over one or two accounting years.....Think 10-15 years or more, similar to when we had a mortgage on SMS......Or in other words a drop in the ocean considering the current TV money and player sales.

Rubbish. You think the contractors that built it will wait 15 years for their money?

You're confusing cash flow with the balance sheet.

It just gets spent on player wages (we didn't get into the top 7 by not paying some players good money) and new infrastructure.

What exactly would you have him do? Ron has come out and said we aren't selling anyone and that we are looking to sign a CH. Perhaps Ralph should translate?

We aren't selling anyone means "well not till next season that is" and then we spend this season watching said players running about with the sulks, Morgan being the exception.

What's the answer? No idea.

We aren't selling anyone means "well not till next season that is" and then we spend this season watching said players running about with the sulks, Morgan being the exception.

What's the answer? No idea.

That is an Alpine sized assumption you have leapt to there. If players refuse to sign a new contract of course they will be sold at some point. If they want to be sold to decent clubs it is their interest to play and to play well, as Morgan did last season. Vic and Sadio will be off at some point in the future. In the meantime there is no reason to suppose that they will not do their best for the club who pays their wages.

I agree with SOGGY here (had to happen sometime). It doesnt help the affected players to command top dollar wages if they spend the season f**king about and sulking, to the point where they may even get dropped. Morgan buckled down and earned his transfer to Manyoo; no reason to believe same wouldnt happen with Big Vic and Mane.

That is an Alpine sized assumption you have leapt to there. If players refuse to sign a new contract of course they will be sold at some point. If they want to be sold to decent clubs it is their interest to play and to play well, as Morgan did last season. Vic and Sadio will be off at some point in the future. In the meantime there is no reason to suppose that they will not do their best for the club who pays their wages.

As per Clyne 2nd half of last season.

I know what you saying SOG, I am a bit disenchanted with the game atm what with players agents calling the shots and multimillionaire footballers throwing their toys out the pram, Sky tv scrutinising every blade of grass and who trod on it last, the likes of Mourinho blasting a phsio for treating a player, its all a bit sad atm.

As per Clyne 2nd half of last season.

I am guessing he had already been tapped up by Liverpool (perhaps via England); maybe that made a difference.

Remember, Lovren and Lallana did their sulking, b*tching and whining during the summer; they appeared to keep their professional dememanour during the season.

You are right Billy. Football sold it soul a while back now and as the amounts of money grow, so does the greed element. Like F1 is has just become a circus now. Trouble is once the genie is out of the bottle you cant put it back again. I cant see things ever getting any better.

• 1 month later...

Can whomever manages public / media appearances for club officials please take ensure Krueger doesn't do anything other than for official channels again :mcinnes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3264148/Southampton-built-faith-beginning-don-t-just-buy-success-breed-insists-chairman-Ralph-Krueger.html

He's seems to be doing very good work internally but he's just not schooled enough in our sport to talk at events like this.

Can whomever manages public / media appearances for club officials please take ensure Krueger doesn't do anything other than for official channels again :mcinnes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3264148/Southampton-built-faith-beginning-don-t-just-buy-success-breed-insists-chairman-Ralph-Krueger.html

He's seems to be doing very good work internally but he's just not schooled enough in our sport to talk at events like this.

I'll take Ralph's passion and pride over a "schooled" fan any day thanks.

Doesn't "journalist" Sam Cunningham have Neil Ashton-esque form when it comes to writing about Southampton?

Doesn't "journalist" Sam Cunningham have Neil Ashton-esque form when it comes to writing about Southampton?

He clearly hates saints. What a sucker lol. Embarrassing himself with that article as most fans look at saints and can't argue with what RK said, even if it is very cheesy :blush:

After a great win at Chelsea, this story has brought the club right back to its knees once again.

Really? That's a bit drama queen, isn't it? What exactly has it affected? Was it any more cringe-worthy than Mourinho's speech after our win against them for example? That must have brought them lower than a snake's belly.

The more that people talk about it, the more that the message about our way of doing things will get across.