Midtjylland vs Saints

Lighthouse

Doing a pre-match session about Saints and I will probably face the question about which Saints players to look out for. Does anyone have any input to which players would be most interesting to keep an eye out for from an opposition/neutral point of view?

Sadio Mane - scorer of fastest ever premier league hat trick.

Pelle - last season's top scorer and Italy international.

Jay-Rod - England international just back from over a year out injured.

Doing a pre-match session about Saints and I will probably face the question about which Saints players to look out for. Does anyone have any input to which players would be most interesting to keep an eye out for from an opposition/neutral point of view?

I am assuming you've worded that badly and actually wanted interesting facts on the Midtyjlland players...?

Considering you have over 2,600 posts on a Saints forum, I'd be disappointed if you were after facts on Saints players.

If they are going to play a very high line one way to exploit it is pace, with the ball over the top behind the high line and away from the keeper. Not to play the half way house and play up to Pelle, he should be missed out and get into the box as quickly as possible together with runners from midfield on the break and the quick men breaking behind the high line going for the ball first.

If they are going to play a very high line one way to exploit it is pace, with the ball over the top behind the high line and away from the keeper. Not to play the half way house and play up to Pelle, he should be missed out and get into the box as quickly as possible together with runners from midfield on the break and the quick men breaking behind the high line going for the ball first.

Get it into the box for who to bring it under control, if Pelle is missed out?

I am assuming you've worded that badly and actually wanted interesting facts on the Midtyjlland players...?

Considering you have over 2,600 posts on a Saints forum, I'd be disappointed if you were after facts on Saints players.

Your assumption is off the mark, I'm afraid. I've been following this club for 20+ years and know the facts. I was interested in what perspective people on here take on our team. Would it be most interesting to see Mané because of his skill and unpredictability, Romeu to see how he does without Vic (and if gets a red card), Targett or Soares to see if they manage to push forward or get pinned back, Pellé strength, Ward-Prowse's set piece deliveries etc?... You know, to get a debate going and see what others think. disconnect's answer was the kind I was looking for.

Get it into the box for who to bring it under control, if Pelle is missed out?

Mane, Long, JayRod, 2 from 3 chasing the over the top ball and anybody else going for the box. Aston Villa did a good impression of it beating us at SMS in the Pochettino high press era.

Pelle murdered them in the second half of the first leg; he won everything. It would be stupid to leave him out.

You misunderstood I said miss him out and put the ball into the space behind the high press not leave him out. More direct than playing off him and the defenders able to spoil. Any fouls happening to the runners could easily end up in a sending off for the last man.

You misunderstood I said miss him out and put the ball into the space behind the high press not leave him out. More direct than playing off him and the defenders able to spoil. Any fouls happening to the runners could easily end up in a sending off for the last man.

Ron has already said will be more direct than usual this game. Guess that means up to Pelle rather than over/through their defence?

we shall see

A scrappy 1 - 0 win I reckon. Just enough to get through and just enough to keep the doom and gloom brigade topped up with grumble coupons.

Win win.

grumble coupons, I like that.

I recon we'll go out and attack from the off but will not be until the second half until we shine.

Going for a 2-0, Pelle and Mane in injury time.............................................Please.

We'll win tonight IMO, maybe not comfortably but we'll go through. Midtjylland were well organised in the first leg but are still no great shakes and our attacking force will know what they have to do. In turn, the win will give us the confidence to get our first win against Norwich on Sunday.

Strongest team needed IMO

Stek

Cedric

Fonte

Yoshida

Targett

Romeu

Wanyama

Davis

Tadic/Jay

Pelle

Mane

Strongest team needed IMO

Stek

Cedric

Fonte

Yoshida

Targett

Romeu

Wanyama

Davis

Tadic/Jay

Pelle

Mane

Wanyama hasn't travelled to Denmark due to a stomach infection and Mane has been injured (he went off in the 1st half vs Watford) and hasn't been in full training all week (so may only be an option from the bench).

Wanyama hasn't travelled to Denmark due to a stomach infection and Mane has been injured (he went off in the 1st half vs Watford) and hasn't been in full training all week (so may only be an option from the bench).

Don't see why Wanyama wouldnt have travelled and Koeman hasn't mentioned anything and havent seen him ruled out elsewhere. Expect he will start.

Ah not been following for a few days. Reed for Wanyama and JWP in for Mané as we might need the set pieces. Sounds a bit weaker though.

(Have to remember I'm down to the three post rule until I sort my membership out!)

Don't see why Wanyama wouldnt have travelled and Koeman hasn't mentioned anything and havent seen him ruled out elsewhere. Expect he will start.

Are you serious? He hasn't travelled because of a "stomach infection" and there are several hundred posts speculating on whether that's for real or a cover up for a transfer.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

That'll play more like a 3-5-2 rather than 5-3-2:

---------------STEKELENBURG-------------

-------CAULKER----FONTE----YOSHI-------

MARTINA----------ROMEU---------TARGETT

------------DAVIS--------JWP-------------

------------PELLE--------J-ROD------------

Romeu will sit, Davis and JWP will push higher up to support the strikers and Martina & Targett will look to provide support out wide. Looks like a decent team to me!

That'll play more like a 3-5-2 rather than 5-3-2:

---------------STEKELENBURG-------------

-------CAULKER----FONTE----YOSHI-------

MARTINA----------ROMEU---------TARGETT

------------DAVIS--------JWP-------------

------------PELLE--------J-ROD------------

Romeu will sit, Davis and JWP will push higher up to support the strikers and Martina & Targett will look to provide support out wide. Looks like a decent team to me!

Exactly that. It a actually quite an attacking line-up