Telegraph reckon we are interested in Andros Townsend

adrian lord

can see a season 'loan' with an option to buy.

but then, how many domestic loans can you have?

2 but a few more foreign than that . Cant see Spurs loaning us anyone given our relationship with them!

Townsend is exactly what we need - something totally different than what we have now.

2 but a few more foreign than that . Cant see Spurs loaning us anyone given our relationship with them!

Townsend is exactly what we need - something totally different than what we have now.

I agree. we have two domestic loans anyway. So would have to sign him up.

Is he better than anyone we've got? don't reckon he'd get in the team, lucky to be on the bench

Really? I'd say he's better than Tadic and would offer more of a threat going forward

Not what we need. Would be a waste.

Exactly what we need (along with a CD/CDM) IMO

The Telegraph:-

Jose Enrique: Enrique is considered a negative influence around the club, and his recent admission he was motivated by money and the status of his employer rather than any chance of playing offered an insight into his current state of mind.

Surely all of the players Scousehampton bought from us were only motivated by money and the status of the club rather than a chance of playing.

The Telegraph:-

Surely all of the players Scousehampton bought from us were only motivated by money and the status of the club rather than a chance of playing.

that is Liverpools spin. How much did they "leak" about Sterling? loads!

Can I ask why not? He is quick, tricky likes a shot from distance, can offer width that we don't have now?

Surely a plan B requires players different than now?

He is inconsistent. I'm not convinced. There is a reason why the would unload him.

He is not better than Tadic, BTW. But surely better than say... Ellia.

We have enough pace. What we need in the offense is a player who thinks and creates attack, organizes the build up and one who can give a killer pass, not another dribbler. Players like Juan Mata. That's what we lack. Too many players running with the ball or getting behind the defense, but no one to actually put a pass in there.

Wouldn't complain if we signed Townsend. Fits the mold of young, english, talented but needing games and rough edges sanded off.

The negatives for me would be question marks over his defensive side especially when Cedric seems defensively fragile too.

Also like last year if they are reputedly after one of our stars its likely to block any move even if we are interested.

that is Liverpools spin. How much did they "leak" about Sterling? loads!

I know it is Liverpool's spin. That is why it is extremely ironic when it was obvious that our ex-players went to them for precisely those reasons. Most of their team play for them for those reasons and would be quite content to sit on the bench knowing that they are earning loadsamoney for doing so, but Enrique is the only one honest enough to admit it.