Norwich Pre Match Thread

Wiggles31

A must win after the Europa exit.

Wanyama and Mane back in. And no more 3-5-2 it offers nothing going forward as the current full backs are not up to it.

Stek

Cedric Fonte Caulker Targett

Wanyama Romeu

Juanmi Mane Rodriguez

Pelle

Juanmi needs his chance to start. Huge focus on fluid passing we saw from last year and no more long balls to Pelle. Tired of seeing Davis or JWP offering nothing in the final third.

2-1 Saints says my heart!

Wanyama and Mane back in. And no more 3-5-2 it offers nothing going forward as the current full backs are not up to it.

Stek

Wanyama Romeu

Juanmi Mane Rodriguez

Pelle

Juanmi needs his chance to start. Huge focus on fluid passing we saw from last year and no more long balls to Pelle. Tired of seeing Davis or JWP offering nothing in the final third.

Think this is the best we could field right now...any updates in Bertrand and Clasie return dates???

lets be honest, on the showing so far this season, we are very much a crap side.

other fans looking in will say we will be in a relegation scrap at this rate.

so so so so poor in our play, so slow and HOOOOOF

we need to stop that this game. Norwich must be really fancying their chances. Who can blame them

get rid of this 3 at the back bollix. Rarely suits the English game at this time.

Stek

Cedric

Fonte

Yoshida

Targett

Vic/Davis

Rom

Tadic

Long

Pelle

Mane

that defence looks horrendous. How have we got in the position where yoshida is our main man with Fonte or that we signed a non defending RB in cedric

Get back to our comfortable formation - try and bring some pace, give Pelle' a game off (there's no point playing him if he doesn't want to shoot)

-------- Stek --------

Cedric - Fonte - Caulker - Martina

------ Romeu - Victor ------

----------- Davis ----------

--Mane' ----------- Tadic--

--------- J-Rod -----------

A team afraid of winning never wins so i´m betting on a Norwich win this weekend : /

Tremendous odds of 16/5. Can't bring myself to do it though as lost all confidence in winning any type of football bet this season

Get back to our comfortable formation - try and bring some pace, give Pelle' a game off (there's no point playing him if he doesn't want to shoot)

-------- Stek --------

Rodriguez shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

Put him in the u21s for a month or two. He's looked awful.

No goals for last 3 games says where the problem is ...

Yep, it's been long balls to Pelle, followed by knockdowns to either no one, or players with fantastic goal records like JWP and Davis. I thought Tadic looked lively when he came on, and you'd think Mane will be ok to return.

Stek

Soares Caulker Fonte Targett

Romeu Davis

Tadic Mane J-Rod

Pelle

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Never like playing newly promoted teams so early in the season, as they are full of confidence from their promotion.

If we have to have JWP and Davis in the same team, we need to change formation a bit , as neither of them is a creative AM.

Sten

Cedric Fonte Yoshida Target

Romeu

JWP Davis

Tadic

Mane Pelle

This should give the fullback a bit more support and puts JWP in a role more suited to their abilities .

Stek

Cedric

Fonte

Caulker

Yoshida

Romeu

Wanyama

Rodriguez

Mane

Tadic

Pelle

That's what I would do, save for swapping Rodriguez for JWP or Juanmi. He was off the pace on Thursday and I doubt he's ready to start two games in four days.

Absolutely crucial game in terms of the rest of the season.........lose or draw and it could be very bad.......win and the clouds lift a bit.

However, I think Norwich will know that the club seems to be in the depths of a confidence crisis and exploit that fully.

Hopefully the players want it enough to wake up , start playing and perhaps even score a goal.

Can only hope but the odds on Norwich look very tempting!!

----------Stek----------

Cedric Fonte Yosh Targett

----Wanyama Romeu----

Mane----Davis----Tadic

----------Pelle----------

Hopefully VW is back for this and knuckles down. I'd also like to see Tadic on the left, he is best there or in the hole. Mane did well starting on the right towards the end of last season, but obviously he roams around anyway. Please don't start Davis in DM again, doesn't work. Long, Rodriguez, Juanmi and co on the bench

Norwich will be hoping we are like Sunderland who they benefited from in their last away game.

For me our biggest issue is the complete change of game plan now we have full backs who can't attack and beat a man / cross. This gave us so many attacking options in the past and we miss them now. Bertrand is a strange one, he was part of the England squad at the end of the season then had a mystery knee operation at the start of July in the hope he would be back in 5-6 weeks (as reported at the time) , nearly 8 weeks on and i don't think there have been any sightings of him in training?

Norwich haven't sold out their 2400 allocation despite subsidising tickets themselves by a tenner.

Lots of ticket availability left, most of block 43 still on sale sent back by Norwich, Itchen / Northam corner and quite a few still in the Chapel. It is Family Day with kids activities outside, Sunday lunchtime kick off - all things point to a really flat atmosphere.

Plus we have the SKY curse (if that still exists)

Hopefully Kat will head out onto the pitch after a couple of pre-match bevvies to scream "let's be having you" both to fire up the fans & in honour of our opponents. And we will get an impressive 4-0 win to send us into the international break in good heart with 3 points and the walking wounded still to return. Huzzah!

Stek

Wanyama Romeu

Juanmi Mane Rodriguez

Pelle

A good thesis, I trust you will run it by Ronald prior to kick off ?

Personally if he is fit I'd bring Ramirez back into midfield in front of Wanyama/Reed and Romeu with Mane and Tadic, Pelle up front. Put Mane on the right and Tadic on the left. Juanmi with Long if they aren't fit.

Edited by derry

I would play Martina as a front sweeper to cover the whole pitch:

-----------------Stekelenburg-----------

CS---------JF-------------MY-----------MT

>>>>>>>>>>

--------------VW-------------OR------------

Tadic-------------------------------Mane

---------------------Pelle-------------------

Stek

Wanyama Romeu

Juanmi Mane Rodriguez

Pelle

-------- Stek --------

Stek

Soares Caulker Fonte Targett

Romeu Davis

Tadic Mane J-Rod

Pelle

Stek

Cedric

Fonte

Caulker

Yoshida

Romeu

Wanyama

Rodriguez

Mane

Tadic

Pelle

Koeman has recently said Rodriguez is not ready yet to start two games in a week.

If it was me...

Stekelenburg

Cedric - Fonte - Yoshida - Targett

Romeu - Reed

Mane - Tadic - Long

Pelle

I would expect Koeman to play Davis in place of Reed and would assume JWP plays if Mane isn't ready. For me Tadic has to play as he's the only one that seems to be able to link up with Pelle without just lumping the ball up to him. Think we had quite a bit of success with those front 4 together last year as well.

Edit: also assumes Vic isn't available.