We March On

Mr Biscuits

Gutted.

Went to bed sulking.

Up this morning, over it.

My club through thick and thin. Have to move on.

I trust Ron and the board to get it right.

Me too. The level of hysteria on here since last night is breathtaking.

There are a couple of injuries to key players who would have made quite a difference had they played last night. Their covering players are not yet fully up to speed in gelling with their team mates and so we have suffered a bit of a stuttering start to the season. There are some on here who decry the loss of Pochettino, Alderweireld and even Mitchell to Spurs and yet they have made an identical start to the season. Maybe their fans' forum is also having kittens, perhaps even more so, being as how they always feel a far greater sense of entitlement than we do.

Not so much a march as a limp at the moment. We were ok against Vitesse, but since then things have gone sadly wrong. Our league form is poor and our confidence shot. No goals in open play in four games tells a story of where we need to strengthen. This transfer window has been poor so far and contemporaries have bought rather better than us. Still hopeful that once we have a fully fit squad we can compete for a mid table finish, but the current XI are a fair bit below that standard at present. Reed has some signings to make in the coming days, but this is difficult to attract with the below par we've bought so far. Difficult season ahead.

Not so much a march as a limp at the moment. We were ok against Vitesse, but since then things have gone sadly wrong. Our league form is poor and our confidence shot. No goals in open play in four games tells a story of where we need to strengthen. This transfer window has been poor so far and contemporaries have bought rather better than us. Still hopeful that once we have a fully fit squad we can compete for a mid table finish, but the current XI are a fair bit below that standard at present. Reed has some signings to make in the coming days, but this is difficult to attract with the below par we've bought so far. Difficult season ahead.

Presumably you mean we need to strengthen our attack? Who do you suggest we replace? Mane who is rumoured to be wanted by Man Utd? He must be pretty crap then. Rodriguez, who Koeman asked Hodges not to select for England? Pelle?

Which of these contemporaries do you mean and which players? I am impressed that on the strength of just three matches that you are able to project onwards the number of goals that they will score in a season to conclude that they are better than our strike force. How does Harry Kane rate against these other strikers, incidentally? He hasn't scored any goals yet.

I'm a bit meh about it all really. I used to get ****ed off when Saints lost but now it doesn't bother me. Modern football, where players want to move on after one season and agents seem to dictate moves, has lost its appeal to me. Sure, I'll continue to go to games and will enjoy it when we win, but when we lose I won't lose any sleep.

Presumably you mean we need to strengthen our attack? Who do you suggest we replace? Mane who is rumoured to be wanted by Man Utd? He must be pretty crap then. Rodriguez, who Koeman asked Hodges not to select for England? Pelle?

Which of these contemporaries do you mean and which players? I am impressed that on the strength of just three matches that you are able to project onwards the number of goals that they will score in a season to conclude that they are better than our strike force. How does Harry Kane rate against these other strikers, incidentally? He hasn't scored any goals yet.

Simmer down Wes, you've thrown a lot of conclusions into that based upon what you think I said. FYI, I think we need to strengthen our attacking midfield options and find competition for Pelle. 2 players at most with JWP out on loan. And when did I project the number of goals for players? Get a grip. It will be a difficult season if we continue in this form with our current options

Simmer down Wes, you've thrown a lot of conclusions into that based upon what you think I said. FYI, I think we need to strengthen our attacking midfield options and find competition for Pelle. 2 players at most with JWP out on loan. And when did I project the number of goals for players? Get a grip. It will be a difficult season if we continue in this form with our current options

Competition for Pelle? What, you mean other than Mane, Rodriguez, Long and Juanmi?

As for our attacking midfield options, it might well transpire that Clasie could fulfil that role when he is fit enough for a decent run in the team. Also our attacking options will be strengthened when Bertrand returns to push up out wide, when we have another CB to make the defence more secure, i.e, when we can field a fully fit first choice team, we will be able to be more offensive knowing that our defence is more sound.

As for the projection of how other teams around us have made better signings in your opinion, my point is that it is silly to make such judgements on the basis of just three games. There were players signed out of nowhere last season by other teams who looked like world-beaters having scored goals in their first three matches, who then went on to score hardly anything for the rest of the season.