Injury Watch

Roger

Why Urgh? I'd be happy never to see him in a red and white shirt again regardless of how well he played v Arsenal when he knew he was in a shop window.

I have to agree, I would much rather see Romeu play and get the game time. I personally think Romeu is the better player anyway and just needs a good run of start ups to prove this.

Had he not already been sent off this season? If so you get an extra match.

He had and it is. Lucky he didn't get the straight red he seemed to be going for or we'd be missing him for the rest of the month with three games for a red for violent conduct or serious foul play plus one more game for it being a second red.

Funny that...

I have to agree, I would much rather see Romeu play and get the game time. I personally think Romeu is the better player anyway and just needs a good run of start ups to prove this.

I think Romeu has the potential to be a better player but he desperately needs game time to get the chance to get to the level Wanyama was at last season. At the moment he's just a competent hand who does the simple things well.

I think Romeu has the potential to be a better player but he desperately needs game time to get the chance to get to the level Wanyama was at last season. At the moment he's just a competent hand who does the simple things well.

In other words, he's playing better than Wanyama is currently (Arsenal shop window aside).

He had and it is. Unlucky he didn't get the straight red he seemed to be going for or we'd be missing him for the rest of the month with three games for a red for violent conduct or serious foul play plus one more game for it being a second red.

Funny that...

Corrected for you. :toppa:

Why Urgh? I'd be happy never to see him in a red and white shirt again regardless of how well he played v Arsenal when he knew he was in a shop window.

Romeu is never far from a red card himself. As much as I would love to see Wanyama made to sit on the bench for a while until he gets his head back from the Emirates or wherever it is I wouldn't want to be without both of them.

Romeu is never far from a red card himself. As much as I would love to see Wanyama made to sit on the bench for a while until he gets his head back from the Emirates or wherever it is I wouldn't want to be without both of them.

Very few DMs actually are, it depends on the ref, take Barry on Sunday, ref A would have sent him off in the first 10 minutes, ref B would have given him at least 2 yellows and ref C just wagged his finger at him...a lot.

Florin Gardoș@floringardos5 37m37 minutes ago

Good news. Fully recovered. Now fighting to regain match fitness. Still difficult, but we never get down, do we?

Good news, suggests that losing Caulker is not really an issue, with Florin close to being back and Stephens here now as well. Think Gardos is back earlier than expected, hope it works out for the guy.

With Forster back in contention as well, good news (strange that Foster for WBA is back at about the same time and turned out for their u21s this week, expected back on Saturday, Forster has a fight on his hand with Foster to get back into England contention, behind Hart and Butland). Now all we need is J-Rod to be fit and well.

hopefully not. I think he had quite enough attention when he was off with his first injury.. maybe that question should be a little "low-key" until we hear more.

Yeah this to be honest. Think the club have finally realised its better to say "hes back" rather then "he might be back next week, oh no the week after. Er sorry the week after that"

Yeah this to be honest.

Think the club have finally realised its better to say "hes back" rather then "he might be back next week, oh no the week after. Er sorry the week after that"

Absolutely. I really feel sorry for Jay Rod.just when he reached a peak, then one injury with a longer than average recovery time..and then this foot /toe problem.

Part of the problem now must be more psychological than physical . Best left alone ....and say he's back ....when he's back.

Absolutely. I really feel sorry for Jay Rod.just when he reached a peak, then one injury with a longer than average recovery time..and then this foot /toe problem.

Part of the problem now must be more psychological than physical . Best left alone ....and say he's back ....when he's back.

Agree with this, but something in the back of my mind keeps reminding me of Killer. At the very least we need to proceed on the assumption that he won't be back 100% in-form goal-scoring any time soon and ensure that we're covered up front. I think a JRod return this season (or even next?) is a bonus, not an expectation.

He's passed the medical so we must be happy with his fitness, I'd have thought.

I never forget the famous Alan Shearer quote on TV...." there's a lot of difference between being.... fit enough to play...and being match-fit ".

I doubt if Charlie has a full 95 minutes in him yet, maybe he'd do well to continue on the bench - for a game or two and build up to " full fitness ".

Ronald Koeman seemed (pleasantly) surprised that Charlie passed his fitness tests and could even do normal training. Don't rush him.

Shane Long is still a genuine threat ....and Mane is long-overdue a goal. Bring Charlie on .....after an hour....and he might even score twice.:D

Edited by david in sweden

I never forget the famous Alan Shearer quote on TV...." there's a lot of difference between being.... fit enough to play...and being match-fit ".

I doubt if Charlie has a full 95 minutes in him yet, maybe he'd do well to continue on the bench - for a game or two and build up to " full fitness ".

Ronald Koeman seemed (pleasantly) surprised that Charlie passed his fitness tests and could even do normal training. Don't rush him.

Shane Long is still a genuine threat ....and Mane is long-overdue a goal. Bring Charlie on .....after an hour....and he might even score twice.:D

CA had a full weeks training at QPR before signing. In his interview.

‏@JayRodriguez9: Back using @Twitter! Been a difficult few months but things are looking good with rehab! Can't wait to be back playing for @SouthamptonFC!

Wonder why he has not been able to use Twitter. Was he banned from using it by the Club while he recovered again? Looks like his recovery is taking a bit longer than expected, Ronald originally thought mid to end January he would be back.

Wonder why he has not been able to use Twitter. Was he banned from using it by the Club while he recovered again? Looks like his recovery is taking a bit longer than expected, Ronald originally thought mid to end January he would be back.

Injured arms I think. Hopefully the legs will be better by next year.

It seems they are anatomically linked.

Perhaps the (alleged, no criticism implied) butcher surgeon messed up this nerve which affects the feet.

http://www.vermontspineworks.com/services/nerve-function-testing/peroneal-neuropathy

i thought this was a foot injury and not his knee..?

i guess one could effect the other, but they weren't directly linked as it were...

I'm assuming he chose to take a break from social media because the recurring injuries are mentally hard on him. Most likely he has focused on recovery and now - as he sees light at the end of the tunnel - he is ready to engage with the fans again...

• 2 weeks later...
He will never be anywhere near the player he used to be. I would suggest he will struggle to even to start a game again.

Have you plucked this out of the air or are you basing it on something other than just a feeling? There are numerous players that have recovered from similar injuries and still performed very well. In the summer Rodriguez did speed tests and was actually faster than he was before his knee injury.