Injury Watch

Roger

Puel confirms Austin needs surgery and will be out for 3-4 months

that is why he cost us only £4m

Any player that falls awkwardly like that and dislocated a shoulder would be out for a similar time. The reason Austin cost £4m is because he had only 6 months left on his contract and was at a Championship club in need of money. But don't let that get in the way of being negative Batman...:mcinnes:

Any player that falls awkwardly like that and dislocated a shoulder would be out for a similar time. The reason Austin cost £4m is because he had only 6 months left on his contract and was at a Championship club in need of money. But don't let that get in the way of being negative Batman...:mcinnes:

I might be wrong but i seem to remember Kelvin Davis dislocating Austins shoulder in a 1-0 defeat at Swindon in League One. If so then that makes it all the more likely to happen again. So it's Kelvin's fault lol..

I might be wrong but i seem to remember Kelvin Davis dislocating Austins shoulder in a 1-0 defeat at Swindon in League One. If so then that makes it all the more likely to happen again. So it's Kelvin's fault lol..

Its the 3rd or 4th time he has done a shoulder. While he and Hoddle were at QPR Hodbstated that Chas always had heavy strapping on both shoulders. It was clear it was very likely to happen again, thats why no other ckub bought him and partly why he was a knock down price. We took a risk, now he is out for the season effectively. Bad luck? No. Calculated risk, didn't pay off. Now we need a striker in Jan. Someone who can hold the ball up and also score goals in the winter months.

No I didn't, I didn't pass comment on him being injury or non injury prone. You are twisting my words significantly. Is English comprehension not your thing?

You've consistently argued that Austin's injury record is par for the course and nothing to be concerned about.

Charlies current injury involved an old scar from a previous operation opening up. Pretty Grim. Once your shoulder is weak, it stays weak.

but MLG says his injury is common for ANYONE who falls likes he did and nothing to do with previous troubles

I haven't seen anything about Alex McCarthy either and Taylor has been on the bench lately must have missed the news anyone know when back?

No, at least got a mention this week by Claude, but nothing about when he might be back. Not in the goalkeeper pics today so presumably not training. Seems odd as it looked like he just did a hammy, if woukd have thought he would be training by now.

No, at least got a mention this week by Claude, but nothing about when he might be back. Not in the goalkeeper pics today so presumably not training. Seems odd as it looked like he just did a hammy, if woukd have thought he would be training by now.

Found this online for you: "Things are written all the time about recovery times, especially for hamstring strains. I tend to think about anything up to 3 weeks for a grade 1, anything from between 2 and 8 weeks for a grade 2 hamstring strain and you are looking at pretty much 12 weeks for a grade 3. It can be anything within that."

I think it's pretty clear that Charlie has some sort of hyper mobility in his shoulder joints. I have it in my shoulders, hips and fingers and my shoulders do dislocate quite a bit but in his defence, it was a pretty nasty landing. That could've dislocated most players shoulders tbf.

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC

Claude Puel says @Alex_Macca23 is back in training after recovering from his hamstring injury. #saintsfc

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC

Puel says @Mattytargett is out four around four months, while @chazaustin10 will have his surgery soon. #saintsfc

You'd have thought the staff would have made sure he had a winter flu jab back in September. Had he played he could have snuffled out any attacking threats down their left side.

A flu jab doesn't guarantee protection from getting it, just decreases the chances. Having said that, if he (and others) didn't have one questions need to be asked about the staff.

his own twitter

All I can see on his twitter is "-11 walks" - presumably talking about the Weather in Vail, Colorado, where he appears to have had an operation. Unless I've missed something.

Edited by LGTL

All I can see on his twitter is "-11 walks" - presumably talking about the Weather in Vail, Colorado, where he appears to have had an operation. Unless I've missed something.

Whether its 11 weeks or 11 walks, it was said he would be out 3-4 months before Christmas, so effectively out for the rest of the season.

Whatever happened to Gardos?? No-one bothers to mention him anymore.

It's a tad bonkers, isn't it? He makes a few u23 appearances and then nothing. You'd have thought VvD's recent suspension would have been the perfect opportunity to reintroduce him to the first team squad. Bit of an odd one, that's for sure.