Injury Watch

Roger

Puel doesn't seem to think he's good enough to start for us, so not the biggest problem. Would love to see him starting Sat though instead of Clasie.

Has he not started every EL & Cup game?

Has nothing to do with him being good enough, that's just how rotation works. Only player who hasn't been rotated is Romeu and that's only because we don't have anyone else to fill this position.

Tadic was due to play yesterday but apparently the mask he was going to wear was not approved by the ref. I'd have thought these things were standard but perhaps not. This came from a decent source.

Not sure that's true, there was no sign of him arriving with the others players yesterday before the game

Think we're close to a fully fit squad now aren't we?

Only Targett seems to be dragging, the rest are all back or will be back within the next week. If you count Gardos as well, he's not injured now and is just building fitness.

I would like to see Hesketh back to play in the EFL - not sure how long he is out for

Also I think Targett is behind Mcqueen in the LB queue

Think we're close to a fully fit squad now aren't we?

Only Targett seems to be dragging, the rest are all back or will be back within the next week. If you count Gardos as well, he's not injured now and is just building fitness.

With our 9 games in 30 days, we've timed it quite well.

Fingers crossed we can keep them all fit.

Probably nothing in this (but thought it might be worth a mention), but Boufal was supposed to attending a calendar signing session with Redmond at the West Quay store later this afternoon, but the club announced a "late change" this morning and Targett is now going to be there instead of Boufal.

A simple change of mind by the club and/or Boufal, or something else up?

All conspiracy theories welcome :)

Probably nothing in this (but thought it might be worth a mention), but Boufal was supposed to attending a calendar signing session with Redmond at the West Quay store later this afternoon, but the club announced a "late change" this morning and Targett is now going to be there instead of Boufal.

I hope not with Tadic being injured.

As our latest record signing, he must've headbutted Fonte and been booted out of the club. Can't have him butting supporters at a PR event, too.

Couldn't see Boufal (or Tadic) in any of the training pics :(

After watching the wonderful Palace game I thought that I'd watch the Swansea v Spurs game on my PVR. After about five minutes Neil Taylor applied all of his studs to Kyle Walker's face. Tadic will be able to sympathize but according to the commentators Neil Taylor is not that kind of player. Go figure.

What is actually up with Targett anyway? Has it ever been announced?

If he's just had an op, safe to assume it was a bad one and he's still facing a decent length of time out. Why don't the club tell us stuff like this? (unless i've missed, then apologies..)

If he's just had an op, safe to assume it was a bad one and he's still facing a decent length of time out. Why don't the club tell us stuff like this? (unless i've missed, then apologies..)

According to Physioroom.com it's a hamstring. Must be severe if an op is required.

When the HITC website said that McQueen was close to signing a new deal at Saints (just before he did) - they also mentioned in the same article that Targett had faced a big setback in his injury comeback.

Looks like they were spot-on with that one too.