Fact transfers

9-3

Lovren, Wanyama, Clynne, Alvervield, Shaw, Spider, Adam.

There is no such thing as loyalty.

These players have 3 to 5 years to make them millions of pounds.

Mane, JPW, Jay will be next for big money moves to make their millions.

Fact.

Nobody is going to pay mega money for JWP.

Anyway if they don't want to be here then they can go on our terms as far as I'm concerned.

Some people really need to take a step back and look at where we are now as a club

not YET, they won't .......but now is the chance for JWP to really establish himself whilst there is so much uncertainty around the midfield positions.

A few good games, and actually scoring from a few of those " nearly " free-kicks ....and his name will be on the list from those clubs who want to poach him.

.... Arsenal, (Wenger claiming that he had a good grounding at SMS, but that playing for Arsenal will make him a "real footballer" and guarantee his England place).

....Tottenham ...(Pochettino - if he's still there by then - claiming it was HE who gave JWP his real chance at Saints (haha) ....and so it goes....

But it will be interesting to see what James W-P's reaction will / would be.... if /when that situation arises?

It's not like we pay peanuts. It was reported that Mane is on £55k a week. Not exactly minimum wage is it.

We do pay enough for players to live the rest of their lives in comfort. It's just that most of them are greedy b@stards.

And before anyone asks, no I wouldn't swap my job for double wages if my current employer was paying enough money for me to retire in a few years.

It's not like we pay peanuts. It was reported that Mane is on £55k a week. Not exactly minimum wage is it.

We do pay enough for players to live the rest of their lives in comfort. It's just that most of them are greedy b@stards.

And before anyone asks, no I wouldn't swap my job for double wages if my current employer was paying enough money for me to retire in a few years.

AGREED....there are many people who live quite contented lives on considerably less......and still feel happy with life.

Accumulating great wealth can bring it's own problems. Sven-Göran Ericsson had success and was well-respected in many (other) European countries, (not England) but is still having to work as a coach - because he was defrauded - and his " not inconsiderable fortune " was lost a trust fund " scam " .......

It's not like fans have that much more loyalty towards the players. A few bad games and we start hearing the phrase "get rid" and "not up to it" and how often do we start calling for an improvement in a position already occupied by a player that's shown plenty of loyalty.

Yoshida has done his best and always put in a shift despite being regularly dropped or moved out of position, how many fans on here will show loyalty by insisting that he starts even if we sign VVD? Probably not many, including me.

Let's not get all hypocritical about expecting loyalty, we are quite selective about who gets it from us.

It's not like fans have that much more loyalty towards the players. A few bad games and we start hearing the phrase "get rid" and "not up to it" and how often do we start calling for an improvement in a position already occupied by a player that's shown plenty of loyalty.

Yoshida has done his best and always put in a shift despite being regularly dropped or moved out of position, how many fans on here will show loyalty by insisting that he starts even if we sign VVD? Probably not many, including me.

Let's not get all hypocritical about expecting loyalty, we are quite selective about who gets it from us.

You are making good sense! Sums it up for me.

Lovren, Wanyama, Clynne, Alvervield, Shaw, Spider, Adam.

There is no such thing as loyalty.

These players have 3 to 5 years to make them millions of pounds.

Mane, JPW, Jay will be next for big money moves to make their millions.

Fact.

Are you saying that it is impossible for PL football players to be gainfully employed after their paying career comes to an end?

Ridiculous argument oft trotted out by ex players to try and justify the obscene wages that the players at the top earn.