New Songs/Chants Thread

LJSaint

I fail to see why that chant is embarrassing compared to others tbh.

It's sung by clubs whose fans have no originality and have never had any real decent support. It's copycat ultra wannabe b*llocks and probably half of the clubs in the football league sing it. We're better than that. Just.

It's sung by clubs whose fans have no originality and have never had any real decent support. It's copycat ultra wannabe b*llocks and probably half of the clubs in the football league sing it. We're better than that. Just.

I disagree, I think we're worse. I've tried to get original chants going before (me and two others anyway) and it's just greeted with complete silence and on occasion strange looks. We've got a fanbase who are so afraid of being embarrassed that they refuse to join in with chants that aren't already pretty loud. The Wanyama one was excellent but only got going because everyone was so smashed out in Arnhem.

On that note, the Wanyama chant was sung on wednesday and I could not bring myself to join in. Just can't like the guy anymore.

It's sung by clubs whose fans have no originality and have never had any real decent support.

So Saints then. It's hardly surprising the atmosphere at SMS these days is so awful seeing as everyone is seemingly too embarrassed to sing anything that gets suggested, or make some bloody noise. Sadly can't see it changing any time soon.

To the tune of Oasis - She's Electic

He's our Cedric,

Running down the right wing he's electric,

He's done things I'd never expected,

And he sh*ts on Clyne

Hahaha Brilliant! You'll get my backing, unfortunately I can't imagine our fanbase singing Oasis tunes.

Hahaha Brilliant! You'll get my backing, unfortunately I can't imagine our fanbase singing Oasis tunes.

What do you anticipate our fanbase will sing then? Children's nursery rhymes about biblical events? Folk songs from the West Indies? Electropop from the early 80s?

For a chant to catch on it has to be a tune that most people know and can sing easily. Unfortunately the Oasis one isn't that recognisable to people who aren't Oasis fans, even if the words work really well.

There does seem to be a lack of originality nowadays though, which is a shame. I'll always remember the Man City fans (as much as I dislike everything about that club) singing "We've lost that Terry Phelan, but it's Vonk, Vonk, Vonk" (Righteous Brothers) when the Phelan-Vonk substitution was made :D Now the entire league seems to have two or three tunes with which to fit every player into!

I'd love to get that Oasis song going for Cedric, hasn't go going yet!

What about to the tune of Park Life?

He's Our Cedric, *Clap Clap*

Our Mighty Cedric,

And he Plays in Red & White,

Here Southampton Sing,

Cedric!

*Clap to the tune of the song and repeat*

Thoughts?

Our Mighty Cedric,

Here Southampton Sing,

Cedric!

Thoughts?

The Oasis one won't ever get sung, and at least that one has a clear links to the original tune (Cedric sounds like Electric, "done things I never expected" is in the song and the chant). It's quite good but our fans only ever copy chants from other clubs so won't ever happen.

What you've done is some words with no connection whatsoever to the original song (I had to read it twice to work out you are thinking of the "all the people" chorus). You've actually taken a chorus to a popular song that is sung like a football chant, and actually managed to turn it into less of a football chant. Sorry.

Our Mighty Cedric,

Here Southampton Sing,

Cedric!

Thoughts?

lol no chance.

I remember when we (literally about 5 of us, spreading to 40-50 or so and eventually maybe 100-200-ish) got the 'Mane Mane/Sadio-oh-oh-oh' chant (to the tune of Ole Ole) on his first start at the Arsenal away game in the cup about a year ago.

Within the next few home games it had been completely drowned out and replaced with the cookie-cutter, copied and colourless seven-nation-army version that literally about half the league now sings. The Premier League has killed our support completely.

• 5 years later...