Deadline day thread (closes Tuesday 6-00pm)

Pilchards

Other than Virgil do you think we might get a loan signing in?

Will the press spread the gossip that Mane and Wanyama are having medicals at Utd and Spurs?

What club will Harrison Reed end up on loan?

Will Spurs panic buy and get another player in, probably called 'Onme hed' to go alongside 'son?'

Discuss and put all the gossip and deals in here.

Other than Virgil do you think we might get a loan signing in?

Will the press spread the gossip that Mane and Wanyama are having medicals at Utd and Spurs?

What club will Harrison Reed end up on loan?

Will Spurs panic buy and get another player in, probably called 'Onme hed' to go alongside 'son?'

Discuss and put all the gossip and deals in here.

Shouldn't this be called 'the day before deadline day thread'?

Given our lack of creativity at times i'm still really disappointed Ramirez hasn't been given more of a chance this season.

Me too.

He's had 3 years, done nothing and doesn't appear to have any particular desire to force his way into Ron's plans.

I think D-Day will be much ado about nothing as it usually is. Just another day of Jim and Natalie trying to make stories out of absolutely nothing happening outside Stoke's training ground.

I think we'll see VvD in at some point, Gaston and a couple of young players out on loan. That'll be it for Saints.

Can't imagine it'll be busy for us. VVD signs tonight, maybe one or two out on loan. Interested to see what happens to Gaston...

I agree....except that Jose Fonte's widely-quoted statement (on keeping Wanyama) also included the phrase ..." getting one or two more in .....

If we don't sign VVD after all the press, inuendo and club comments.....it'll be a major disappointment .....so think he'll sign now.

loans out YES..... loans in possibly one or two.....maybe .. (how many loans are we allowed?)

finally ....am I the only person who thinks we might get in ANOTHER striker ....or ? :rolleyes:

Be delighted if Ramirez is still here after the deadline. Loaning him out won't even save all his wages, and we don't have a surplus of attacking midfielders.

If someone paid half his wages for the rest of this season, plus a small loan fee I'd take that. In three years in England he has failed to deliver and seems to have fitness issues, coupled with no particular desire to get back into the team.

From last years squad we've got J Rod and Juanmi replacing Elia and Djuricic. Ron didn't see any particular need to keep Gaston then and I doubt he will now.

@reluctantnicko: Stoke City are trying to sneak through one of the shrewdest signings of the window. Might even save for the paper.

@reluctantnicko: Late enough not to get nicked. Stoke are closing in on Mile Jedinak. Ideal replacement for Nzonzi. Crystal Palace moving out a few.

My question is this,

Why has Koeman not used his links with Barca?.

Good question , but there are two schools of thought on this .....

some might say you aren't showing confidence in the potential of our Academy.... because " the others " are always complaining that we don't promote our own youth.

Buying in foreign talent limits our own (they claim)....but I'm sure RK would use Academy lads - if they were good enough.

.....but that takes time for someone who has maybe played around 30 mins. as a sub. in the first team and is only used to U21 football.

Both JWP and Targett are still trying to find their feet in the first team....so it's not that easy to bring in our own " untried " at Prem. level.

I'm sure Les / Ronald and " the Black Box " know who they need......

Ridiculous that no-one has taken Austin.

Hoping Gash is gone today (for good)

If I remember he failed a medical at hull at some point, it's is a bit strange I think there maybe something in the background with Austin, considering he was 4th top goal scorer in the premier league and bompey would rather purchase Glenn Murray

The Austin situation is a bit strange, would think someone would be willing to take him for £15m. Hell Spurs have apparently had a bid of that amount turned down for Kouyate. On that note I would find it hilarious if Spurs weren't able to get any of their targets today. Berahino is looking less likely, Kouyate bid has been turned down and all signs point to us not letting them have Vic.

Been watching sky sports news this morning and it's nothing like it used to be.

They have reporters in the football stadiums now instead of outside training grounds.

Loved those funny moments including one of a young lad from Southampton who was dancing on his own, anyone got the footage?

The Austin situation is a bit strange, would think someone would be willing to take him for £15m. Hell Spurs have apparently had a bid of that amount turned down for Kouyate. On that note I would find it hilarious if Spurs weren't able to get any of their targets today. Berahino is looking less likely, Kouyate bid has been turned down and all signs point to us not letting them have Vic.

I expect QPR will drop the 15m asking price as they become desperate, Austin would have to drop his own demands too if he wants out.

Shame we wont offered 10m to see if we could get him, would be good for us.

Ridiculous that no-one has taken Austin.

It will be interesting. Apparently he isn't having all his wages paid, or according to a news report, so who knows the accuracy of that!! Man Utd being linked heavily. Wouldn't do them any harm as cheap, English and has a season in the PL. They seem happy to splash £35m on a 19yo kid who is good but hasn't done anything spectacular or anything to justify the price tag. Actually I don't understand that one at all. Seems you have to pay a £25-30m premium on potential - makes Morgan look cheap!!

Hoping Gash is gone today (for good)

Yup, but......would be interesting to see if he could do it in a Saints shirt.