Saints Sign Harry Lewis From Shrewsbury

SaintLondon

Aren't saints a bit of a graveyard for promising young keepers? I can't think of one who's come to anything with us.

Bialkowski, Smith, Blayney, Bevan, Poke, Gazza, Cropper, all failing to come to anything.

Whereas our successes have all been mature keepers on arrival. Hope this guy bucks the trend.

Tim Flowers?

Lucid, reasonably intelligent and honest in his interview. Makes a great change from those primed for appearing in front of the camera and thus is worth listening to.

From what I can find out about him, he is rated as a very good prospect and mentally, at least, he certainly seems to have the requisite characteristics - and a quite thick neck.

I hope he does well, for both parties' sakes.

It may be true that we've been ynlucky with young keepers and they haven't developed as we hoped, perhaps that is why we now employ the England goalkeeper coach and perhaps that influenced Harry Lewis in coming to us

I'm sure it influenced him and also influenced us, Watson would have good reports on the player. No coincidence the other keeper we were linked with was Woodman who is Lewis' Eng youth teammate.

Can someone remind me, what age was heart signed for City, and what age did they decide to put faith in him as number one?

similar age I think.

I know Hart did a full season in the championship on loan (and was very good) wit Birmingham also before coming in and replacing Given in goal for City

Can someone remind me, what age was heart signed for City, and what age did they decide to put faith in him as number one?

Joe Hart was a bit older, 19, going by this - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/5006544.stm

I think his first taste of first team football came at Birmingham 2 seasons later, he had a storming season there too.