Saints Sign Harry Lewis From Shrewsbury

SaintLondon

I'm going to make the obligatory "my mate is a Shrewsbury fan" post here.

My mate is a Shrewsbury fan and his Dad, who is a season ticket holder, thinks Lewis is just as good as Hart was at the same age.

So, taking the word of one person, I'm going to state he'll be a future England star and we should snap him up given the chance.

I'm going to make the obligatory "my mate is a Shrewsbury fan" post here.

My mate is a Shrewsbury fan and his Dad, who is a season ticket holder, thinks Lewis is just as good as Hart was at the same age.

So, taking the word of one person, I'm going to state he'll be a future England star and we should snap him up given the chance.

Or the ...

"I've got a friend who is mates with their chairman, says it's a done deal and they're really chuffed with the fee we're paying"

(Obviously not true before anyone doesn't get the obvious sarcasm)

I figure any English GK prospect worth his salt would salivate going to a club in which the goalkeeping coach is also the goalkeeping coach for England.

On the face, this is a good speculative signing. I figure Watson knows plenty about the kid.

good young keepers who can develop into a Prem. level custodian are VERY few. It takes many years - and a lot of patience - to get someone who can stay the course.

The vast majority of goalies we've signed in the last 30+ years have been established keepers with a career background .

If this lad is as good as is rumoured - it'll be interesting to see him develop, but with Dave Watson as goalie coach ....just maybe ....this time.

Only 17.... but we can see how quickly he makes it to the U21's.

In the past 10 years we've tried Bart, Chris Johns, Cody Cropper, and of course the notorious Tommy Fourpast.

Gazzaniga has never been convincing and is on the last year of his contract....and we may see him going out on loan for the remainder of that.

No.... stop being a tedious and insulting bell end.

Can't sign a longer contract because of his age.

**** me but you are a ***** at times.

I think CB FRy was trying to be ironic. Strange really as he hardly ever recognises it in other peoples posts.

I'm quite sure he was, but others may not have been aware of the regulations.

The regulations clearly state that any attempt at 'Irony' or 'Sarcasm'* should accompanied by a :) or a ;), possibly even a :p.

*I would suspect that 'Sarcasm' is the (ever-so-slightly more) correct description of Darth Fry's effort here. ;)

Disappointed with this.

They've done little of note since 1986 (although "It's Hip to be Square" is a classic).

Harry you biff, bloody Harry... not Huey.... aahhh forget it.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Gazza on his way out?

Harry Lewis is 17 years old and Gazzaniga is 23, Lewis isn't going to be close to the first team at the moment.

...and that doesn't mean there's a chance Paulo could go on loan to, say, a L1 club in the right circumstances?

My point was I don't think that the signing of a 17 year old would have a big influence on what happens with Gazzaniga this season.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Aren't saints a bit of a graveyard for promising young keepers? I can't think of one who's come to anything with us.

Bialkowski, Smith, Blayney, Bevan, Poke, Gazza, Cropper, all failing to come to anything.

Whereas our successes have all been mature keepers on arrival. Hope this guy bucks the trend.

Disappointed with this.

They've done little of note since 1986 (although "It's Hip to be Square" is a classic).

They're still going strong. Saw them live in London a year or so ago.

(And, yes, I know I'm showing my age and slightly dodgy taste in music somewhat.... :) )