1 down 1 to go.

SOTONS EAST SIDE

Gaston will never again play "as an option". He might play in a League Cup game as a second stringer but that's not quite the same.

He is effectively finished at SFC and I'd not be surprised to see him shipped off somewhere tomorrow, like last year.

Such a shame with Gaston. Clearly talented but not suited to English football. He goes missing for long periods but I still think he worth being on the bench as an option. He can do naff all for the whole game but then produce a killer pass for a goal. That makes him more effective than JWP in my opinion.

Gaston just aint interested, sad because he has talent but he's one of those who is happy to take maximum money for minimum effort. Hull couldn't get much out of him and I doubt there will be any takers for a loan spell, hope I'm wrong

Wonder where Gaston would go though, many overseas windows have already shut.

If he isn't going to feature I'd rather ship him out and use his wages to sign a better version of him

That's only dawned on me this morning - I was thinking RK might palm him off to a Dutch league club, where he'd probably look a world beater. Back to Hull, anyone? Brucie?

....and I wonder just WHERE he would go?....the window has already closed in France, Spain, Italy and Germany ...

maybe another desperate club in the Prem?........or will Koeman manage to turn him into a useful squad player - at last.

When we get desperate to get him off our wage bill we will do what we did last year, send a fax out to all the clubs saying we will pay 40% of his wages for the season if you want him on a years loan.

I expect he will end up at a club who are still bank rolled by the premiership money from the last two seasons.

To say that Gaston is not interested is wrong.

In pre-season he worked his socks off to impress RK. I watched him in most of the training sessions in Austria.

If you saw him you you would have a different opinion.

The problem with Gaston is that he doesn't suit our type of play. He's not our type of player. He's more of a Le Tissier than an Brett Omeroyd.

He just doesn't have the condition to close down opposition. He can't tackle. He is a genius with his close control and vision, but he isn't fast and clearly was a symbolic purchase by our previous chairman.

Just like Le Tissier you either love him or hate him. Alan Ball would have built a team around him.

Edited by Andy Durman

In pre-season he worked his socks off to impress RK. I watched him in most of the training sessions in Austria.

The problem with Gaston is that he doesn't suit our type of play. He's not our type of player. He's more of a Le Tissier than an Brett Omeroyd.

He just doesn't have the condition to close down opposition. He can't tackle. He is a genius with his close control and vision, but he isn't fast and clearly was a symbolic purchase by our previous chairman.

Just like Le Tissier you either love him or hate him. Alan Ball would have built a team around him.

Okay then.

Complete and utter nonsense.

" Genius, close control and vision" , are you deluded.

"Love him or hate him", do me a favour. He's a complete and utter waste of money, a fraud , nicking a living. Comparing him to le Tiss is like comparing the Beatles to S club 7.

Alan Ball, like Nigel Adkins, Poch , Ron & Steve Bruce would have dropped him .

Andy, I saw him in Bischofshofen. He made a few runs with the ball and a couple of passes in the first 10mins, then disappeared. Again.

I just dont think your assessment rings entirely true. We didnt change the way we played at that point. Just that Juanmi proved so much better at it. The play bypassed him. He doesnt get himself involved anywhere near enough.