They may have signed Toby....

Saint IQ

But all the Spurs fans I've seen on twitter are in complete meltdown over their transfer window activity. It's very funny and satisfying to see after the Toby fiasco

Main things they're unhappy about is a really weak holding mid-field (Curently Dier and Mason) and having one out n out striker + Adebayor who might be off.

Spurs may have improved their defence by getting in Toby, Trippier and Wimmer but apart from that they've only got Son and N'Jie in who I don't think are going to have enough goals in them.

Meanwhile their squad depth has taken quite a hit - Paulinho, Holtby, Friedel, Capoue, Kaboul, Stambouli, Chiriches, Soldado and Yedlin while maybe not first teamers were always useful as options are now all gone and it wouldn't surprise me to see Lennon or Adebayor still move as well.

Combine that with Kane's current goal drought and the fact they can't seem to keep a lead at the mo' and it doesn't look too rosy for them. You can't change the players now and I doubt Levy will accept the blame so you know who that leaves if results don't start picking up...

Great to see multiple clubs telling Levy where to go.

;)

Indeed. I remember reading a piece by a journalist whose name I forget which basically said that clubs cannot be bothered to deal with Levy anymore, it's just too much hard work. Harry Kane was a player United were definitely interested in but they didn't want to go through him. But then again, given United's negotiating skills of late, it would never have happened anyway.

It's probably different at West Brom though as Jeremy Peace is actively trying to sell the club and it looks as if they might have a tough old season. It's harder to shift a Championship club than a Premier League club, one would imagine. You can't reinvest £23m in the dying seconds of the window.

In a way, it's quite a refreshing window. Everton, ourselves and West Brom holding their own and calling the shots. Should happen more often.

It's not 'refreshing' at all. We've had a key players start to the season completely disrupted and have to hope he can somehow integrate back into our squad. Brilliant.

It's not 'refreshing' at all. We've had a key players start to the season completely disrupted and have to hope he can somehow integrate back into our squad. Brilliant.

Refreshing in the sense that they don't get their way. So often players are seen as the ones who hold all the cards and they can bully their clubs to get their way.

Not to mention right before our European qualifier, deserve all that they get this season and more. Be a beautiful thing to see them get relegated.

yep, would've been far better to accept a derisory bid for him from one of our rivals and be shot of one of our key players :mcinnes:

Pat Murphy on 5 Live said some interesting things. He put on Twitter that the Spuds offer for Berahino was an initial payment of £4.5 million with the remainder spread over 5 years. I would assume he got this from WBA where he has close links with their Chairman. Apparently Spuds got in touch with him to say this was nonsense as their initial payment was "much higher". He asked them to send him details so he could put the record straight and tweet their information. That was this morning..................

He's still waiting....he asked them again to send him the details........tick tock.....still waiting

What a vile, bullying, tosspot of a club Spuds have turned into. I wish them nothing but failure.

Yes, quite funny, isn't it? Levy's policy of unsettling players then trying to buy them on the never-never (Peace said £5m up front for Berahino) or offering a pittance (like Morgan last year) seems to have backfired !!

Unless he unsettles every other team in the division and gets a competitive advantage.

But all the Spurs fans I've seen on twitter are in complete meltdown over their transfer window activity. It's very funny and satisfying to see after the Toby fiasco

Main things they're unhappy about is a really weak holding mid-field (Curently Dier and Mason) and having one out n out striker + Adebayor who might be off.

Adebayor wanted a £5m pay off.

Refreshing in the sense that they don't get their way. So often players are seen as the ones who hold all the cards and they can bully their clubs to get their way.

This - we can't do anything about other clubs trying to unsettle our players or disrupting our players' start to the season through manipulation of the media, but we can do what we have done, stood our ground and told VW he's not leaving. It was frankly the best we could've hoped for and for once, the club have controlled the variables that they can. Credit where it's due.....

West brom statement:

West Brom just released this statement:

Peace said: “We have a key player who has been very unsettled by antics which were designed to get him out of our club cheaply.

"Those tactics have continued despite my making our position clear in my first conversation with Daniel Levy on this subject in mid-August. I said selling Saido so late in the window was not on our agenda.

“Saido has been unsettled to the point where our Head Coach has not felt able to select him for our last three games. We are now left with the task of repairing the damage created by this unfortunate episode.”

Fair play, we should do the same. Everybody knows it's the truth.

It is not just Levy though is it? It goes on all of the time all over the planet. Clubs claim the moral high ground when they want to keep a player, but what about when they want shot? Football is not a very nice business but then every business that generates a lot of cash also generates a lot of bullsh*t.

I appreciate you have an inability to read, but where have I said I'm not pleased Spurs were told to f**k off?

The poster said it was refreshing - you said it was not. He was saying refreshing how they didn't get the players. You seem to assume he was saying the whole thing was refreshing. And countering that point.

So I fear it is you who has the inability to understand what was quite a straightforward point.

Unfortunately I know loads of Spurs fans. Virtually every single one of them goes on about how they are going to raid Saints as usual taking our best players (acting as if we are their feeder club).........Why do they think this?

Every time I respond and say 'name me two plays that Spurs have signed from us if we are such a supplier of players to them'. And virtually every time they say Bale and ermmmmm, hesitate, hesitate a bit longer oh year Dean Richards (god rest his soul)......for **** sake that was 14 years ago.

Spurs fans are in lots of ways almost as delusional as pompey fans.

Unfortunately I know loads of Spurs fans. Virtually every single one of them goes on about how they are going to raid Saints as usual taking our best players (acting as if we are their feeder club).........Why do they think this?

Every time I respond and say 'name me two plays that Spurs have signed from us if we are such a supplier of players to them'. And virtually every time they say Bale and ermmmmm, hesitate, hesitate a bit longer oh year Dean Richards (god rest his soul)......for **** sake that was 14 years ago.

It's got a lot to do with living in the shadow of a better local team.

I'm sure Pochettino is really frustrated because he doesn't have the very thing that forms the engine room for his style of play, never mind some depth there - or up front.

Doubtless he'll be looking for a move to a big club.

......and that might be quite soon. ..... he'll soon be on the slippery slope ....

Having cleared out most of the dross they bought after getting the Bale windfall......and then lost a packet selling them off cheaply.

Spurs have failed to find adequate replacements.....and that's Levy's fault. He really is a piece of work.....

.....but you can be sure that Pochettino will carry the can and get the push when results fail to materialise....

Edited by david in sweden

Spurs are a catastrophe waiting to happen......

Gareth Bale kept them up single-handedly in the league whilst he was there, and but for Harry Kane they wouldn't have finished in the top half last season.....

......they must hope they find a new saviour, or their season will be a nightmare.... one can but hope. :smug:

......and that might be quite soon. ..... he'll soon be on the slippery slope ....

Having cleared out most of the dross they bought after getting the Bale windfall......and then lost a packet selling them off cheaply.

Spurs have failed to find adequate replacements.....and that's Levy's fault. He really is a piece of work.....

.....but you can be sure that Pochettino will carry the can and get the push when results fail to materialise....

That's probably more like it. The one thing that Levy seems to do well is make others pay for his own inadequacies.

The PL would be better for his disappearance.

You forgot Martin Chivers

We should put it about that we are looking to sign Harry Kane around october time, especially as he may still be sufferering his confidence issue, and then put in a cheeky bid,say £7.5 million but tell the media we have bid £30 million, then when January comes about do f-all..........

Hang on. I'm suffereing from Deja-Vue.

That'll learn Levy though. A taste of his own medicine. Espeiclally if other clubs put in silly bids and harry k loses his head.

Aaah. Who am I kidding. Les read and Ronald are gentlemen.

Genuinely think they will struggle this season. Kane is more of a marked man and has that 2nd season syndrome to overcome. Their squad looks weak and though they are quite strong defensively, their lack of depth could be a problem and where will the goals come from. Think I'll have a fiver on MoPo as the first for the chop.

Of course. Levy part owns THFC and is the son-in-law or something of the main owner, Joe Lewis. He is untouchable.

However, one gets the feeling with the disaster that is THFCs transfer window (only big signings came from abroad) that the other club boards in England are getting wise to Levys tactics; hes becoming a bit of a joke.

A lot depends how well these two wingers fare IMO. Saw some reporter who's probably a spurs fan say that the club/Poch has brought in those 2 wingers as Strikers and they have been seen to be 'devastating upfront' even though they've played most of thier career out wide :lol:

Their defence should be sound but if Harry Kane and Eriksen aren't scoring, who is?

Edited by Saint IQ

you forgot Alf Ramsey

Spurs are going to find it hard to get the best out of Alderweireld..... He has not got the quality players around him as he did at Saints..... I think both Spurs and Toby will soon regret their liaison and it would not surprise me if he goes back to Spain next summer...

I'd have him back here if it doenst work out. Unlikely Levy would sell to us tho'.

Of course. Levy part owns THFC and is the son-in-law or something of the main owner, Joe Lewis. He is untouchable.

However, one gets the feeling with the disaster that is THFCs transfer window (only big signings came from abroad) that the other club boards in England are getting wise to Levys tactics; hes becoming a bit of a joke.

I think clubs have been wise to him for a while. A friend of mine was once a Press Officer for Spurs. When they sold Berbatov on the last day of the window a few years ago, Levy knew they were in trouble and needed a striker. He put in a £20m bid for a striker that Juande Ramos said he quite liked. It got turned down, being the last minute it was hardly surprising. Levy upped it to £25m.

It was Carlton Cole. £25m for Carlton Cole. Insane.

Spurs should be banned from incoming transfers for three windows to give them time to learn to strike a deal between the clubs, rather than trying to do a deal after using the press and agents to disrupt players. Their derisory offer for Morgan last summer, for Victor and Berihino this summer leaves you to wonder if they do it deliberately to distabilise their potential rivals.