SAINTS v Man United - Match Thread

Batman

We've played by far the more attractive football. Wonderful to see JWP playing so well. Wanyama owning the midfield. Pelle killing it. their goal clearly offside, though admittedly our defense looking dodgy. Hope Targett's OK. Yoshida looked really strong. I'm predicting 2-2, but would love to see us take this. 4-1 for 6th place!

That's the best I've seen from Pelle like, ever.

And Targett has been surprinsgly solid and looked calm out ther. Both full backs doing great, no so much the CBs.

I'm happy to see Davis on the bench, where he belongs, and Romeu back in.

Gotta give credit to RK on this one. Good idea to exploit the lack of height of Manu U at the back.

Also, Putting Yoshi against Depay is a good move since Memphis doesen't really have a left foot, so when he cuts in he meets Yoshida's strong foot.

Unlucky to concede, I'm pleased so far.

Fonte and VVD getting to know each other still maybe? Not very good covering there. They are giving Martial too much time and space, he needs to be marked more tightly.

Yoshida and martina at full back

disgusting

Byram at £8m, or a Potuguese bloke who we 'snatched' from under the noses of Stke (says a lot) for about £5m, then we don't think he's up to it ... so Yoshida, then Martina take precedence over him.

Bit of a bollock dropped by the Black Box operator there it seems.