Kneejerk Mk Dons build-up

Guan 2.0

Anyway, I'm over from oz and intend to go to this match. I'm thinking that I should be able to walk up for a ticket. Anyway know any different?

(I walked 5 miles to find a friggin pub with sky sports to watch a pretty crap 2nd half display despite a decently worked goal to give us a chance at the end. Didn't realise there's so few pubs showing sky these days...)

tpbury - I am also over from OZ (just over the bridge from you) on holidays - and as I couldn't get a ticket for the Saints v Man U I travelled out to WHL to see the Spuds v Palace. Left at half time and walked to Seven Sisters Tube - one stop to Finsbury Park, and managed to find a great pub "Worlds End" showing the Saints game. Most other pubs in the area and seemingly throughout London at the moment are showing the Rugby World Cup. Anyway have a great trip - enjoy the MK Dons game and safe trip home.

I'd like to see us play without Pelle, so if/when he get's injured/suspended in the league we have some game time with a plan B.

Yes this. Despite by "First team or ****ing dont bother" yesterday, it should be "first team but rest Pelle and Vic or dont ****ing bother" TBH.

@bigadamsport: #saintsfc Ronald Koeman will include Ryan Bertrand in squad for @CapitalOne_Cup trip at #MKDons after he played 45mins for U21's last night

@bigadamsport: #saintsfc striker Graziano Pelle 'not 100%' says RK - but hopeful he'll travel to #MKDons after missing training today

@bigadamsport: #saintsfc Ronald Koeman will include Ryan Bertrand in squad for @CapitalOne_Cup trip at #MKDons after he played 45mins for U21's last night

@bigadamsport: #saintsfc striker Graziano Pelle 'not 100%' says RK - but hopeful he'll travel to #MKDons after missing training today

Good news on both counts there. Ryan cant start, no way as he looked ****ed after 45 mins last night. He might get a 15 min cameo if we are cruising. And as above, Pelle needs some time off and we need to see what Jay, Long or Mane can do if they are called upon.

I think we know how we play with Long up front on his own and I don't think anyone wants that again. Jay would be an interesting option as long as we play differently and don't expect him to be like Pelle. The problem is all our forward thinking players like to play off Pelle and I don't see Jay as that type of striker. Maybe put Jay up front with someone and see what happens?

I think we know how we play with Long up front on his own and I don't think anyone wants that again. Jay would be an interesting option as long as we play differently and don't expect him to be like Pelle. The problem is all our forward thinking players like to play off Pelle and I don't see Jay as that type of striker. Maybe put Jay up front with someone and see what happens?

This really,. Jay and Long, Jay and Juanmi, Jay and Mane, Jay and Seager...

Good news on both counts there. Ryan cant start, no way as he looked ****ed after 45 mins last night. He might get a 15 min cameo if we are cruising. And as above, Pelle needs some time off and we need to see what Jay, Long or Mane can do if they are called upon.

Yeah, if Pelle is carrying a knock, why would we even risk him? Jay Rod up top possibly?

Would be our worst back 5 in many many years if that's what RK goes with.

You wouldn't have said that if you went to Stevenage.

Gazzaniga in goal, Shaw (debut, and his defending was shaky), Seaborne, Richardson, Butterfield. And we won 4-1. :)

have no idea why Martina is here

the type of signing sunderland or villa would make

Is it? A 2 year contract for a bloke to fill in across the back 4 at a time when Bertrand and Gardos were injured, Caulker and Van Dijk weren't yet Saints players and we didn't have another right back other than Cedric.

Sunderland would have signed a Man U reserve and Villa some kid no-one's heard of who can't defend (and we already had one of those, hoho).

I'm still not sure why people think he was bad on Sunday tbh, I must have missed something. He was also a hundred times better than he was on his debut out of position at left back, too. However, I'm over that, as he's been decent enough since.

Gazzaniga in goal, Shaw (debut, and his defending was shaky), Seaborne, Richardson, Butterfield. And we won 4-1. :)

And a Tadanari Lee goal, to boot.

Gazza was excellent in that match. He didn't have much goalkeeping to do but he strolled around nonchalantly, took an age over goalkicks and supplied exactly the right amount of Latino swagger to look faintly ridiculous and competent at the same time. Cracking stuff.

It was Shaw's first start but he had previously played against Milwall in the FA Cup (so I think that would be his "debut"). Talking of dodgy defences, Danny Fox played centre back in that match against Milwall and looked much better than at full-back!

Had a brief chat with a customer based in Milton Keynes earlier, they've lost their last 4 games despite playing on, but a bit low on confidence and the promotion high has well and truly worn off now.

As mentioned earlier on here their manager has come out saying he doesn't care about the game, perhaps feeling the pressure of a bad run and setting expectations low for this game.

I think it's still a close-run thing..........Martina is absolutely baffling...the fact that Maya started ahead of both him and Soares on Sunday speaks volumes.....

Didn't we pay £3m for him?

People bang on about Osvaldo and Ramirez but all the small fees add up to i.e Gardos and Martina

I refuse to believe that Martina is better than Jack Stephens...who we shipped out for the season for this clown

thrown un Mayuka and forren into that

My guess at tomorrow's line-up (not what I would play):

-----------------Stek----------------

Cedric-----Fonte----Cauker--Martina

--------Wanyama-------Romeu--------

----------------Davis------------------

JWP-----------------------------JRod

---------------Long-------------------

What if he's taken off at half time or after 60 mins?

Not sure. There isn't much recovery time and there is obviously an issue with him physically that they are keen to build up his game time and not overdo it.

Wouldn't be suprised if Martina plays RB.

Similar with Bertrand, not sure if he is in the frame for Saturday, but I guess not if he plays tomorrow.

Not sure. There isn't much recovery time and there is obviously an issue with him physically that they are keen to build up his game time and not overdo it.

Wouldn't be suprised if Martina plays RB.

Similar with Bertrand, not sure if he is in the frame for Saturday, but I guess not if he plays tomorrow.

Fair enough. I think the photo of Cedric in the gym with his protein shake was a pretty sure sign he's been told to beef up.

I agree about Bertrand too. I think Swansea will be a week too soon.

Martina is far worse than frazer Richardson to be fair. Awful signing. Now Cedric and Byram and you'd have two good options there.

Let's not pretend we would contemplate spending £8-10m on a second choice RB. Gripe about Martina, by all means, but don't pretend Byram was ever an alternative.