Kneejerk Mk Dons build-up

Guan 2.0

Club buys player and player doesn't deliver value in scandal of the century shocker :o

Why are you being a bellend? It's jot a shock that some signings don't work out, but the poster was pointing out that the small fees soon add up. If we cut out some of the waste signings like forren and mayuka then we would be in a stronger position.

If we're so concerned about our full backs we could always play soemthing like:

------GK------

--CB-CB-CB-

---DM-DM---

-----CM----

RW--AM--LW

----FWD----

(CBA to pick the squad but I can imagine that formation gives us a chance to play Jay Rod, Juanmi, Reed and Long at least)

As long as you tell the wingers to track back (Shlong style) or even play them as more standard wide midfielders we'll be fine.

Why are you being a bellend? It's jot a shock that some signings don't work out, but the poster was pointing out that the small fees soon add up. If we cut out some of the waste signings like forren and mayuka then we would be in a stronger position.

Fortunately we don't have somebody unilaterally making signings on behalf of the club anymore, so the likelihood of those sort of signings slipping through the net are significantly reduced.

"Bellend"...nice one.

If it's not a shock that some signings don't work out (I.e. because it's a given that some won't, for every club), why is it plausible to suggest that we should be eradicating this wastage? (which is the connotation behind these posts). If every club wastes money (as you tacitly acknowledge), why would you hold the board to a different set of standards? You can only fairly judge the board after you apply context (I.e. determine how much other teams waste in comparison).

In conclusion, yes, we could eradicate all waste spending, but then that would place our recruitment policy in a pantheon, unrivalled by any other. Besides, as Steve's alluded to, the wastage is primarily in the past :D

What I will concede though, is that small fees do indeed add up :p Bellend out *drops mic*

P.S Of course, I hope you realise my original comment was mostly said in jest.

Edited by Donatello

My guess at tomorrow's line-up (not what I would play):

-----------------Stek----------------

Cedric-----Fonte----Cauker--Martina

--------Wanyama-------Romeu--------

----------------Davis------------------

JWP-----------------------------JRod

---------------Long-------------------

Interesting to see if Caulker plays, rumours of an alleged incident in town recently that involved the police.

anyway....as this thread is supposed to be about the MK Dons game.......here's my input.

RK has to try out some of the bench players / Academy prospects considering that MK Dons are a lower level opposition who haven't started the season so well either.

This is a shop window for the " also ran's and up-and-coming talents," but RK must be sure to get the balance right and not leave us without good cover in MF.

Rodriguez and maybe Caulker to get some game time and Academy lads like; Seager, Hesketh and McQueen, although not necessarily as starters.

Expect Fonte, Pelle and Tadic and JWP to start.. but keep Stekelenburg in goal. This is not a time to " test" Gazzaniga's frailities " ..OK. I know he's improving ..BUT ..

It's certainly a game we should not lose... but a win with less than a 2 goal margin won't look that encouraging either.

:scared:....a defeat won't harm Koeman's position, BUT it would go to show that " something " isn't working well behind the scenes.

Fortunately we don't have somebody unilaterally making signings on behalf of the club anymore, so the likelihood of those sort of signings slipping through the net are significantly reduced.

the previous Chairman seems to have made dictatorial deals based on his contacts in Swiss-Italian circles...:suspicious:. A lot of money spent on a minimum of talent.

"Bellend"...nice one.

If it's not a shock that some signings don't work out (I.e. because it's a given that some won't, for every club), why is it plausible to suggest that we should be eradicating this wastage? (which is the connotation behind these posts). If every club wastes money (as you tacitly acknowledge), why would you hold the board to a different set of standards? You can only fairly judge the board after you apply context (I.e. determine how much other teams waste in comparison).

In conclusion, yes, we could eradicate all waste spending, but then that would place our recruitment policy in a pantheon, unrivalled by any other. Besides, as Steve's alluded to, the wastage is primarily in the past :D

What I will concede though, is that small fees do indeed add up :p Bellend out *drops mic*

P.S Of course, I hope you realise my original comment was mostly said in jest.

I think the obvious answer is that you seek to reduce e waste whilst realising that you can't completely eradicate it. Clearly we could have done a bit better in that area and Martina seems to be another one.

--------------stek------------

Suares--fonte--VVD--Martina

------------Romeu-----------

---Ward P-----------Tadic---

------------Juanmi-----------

--------Long----J Rod--------

Gives the RK signings a run out and our pleyers carrying injuries a rest

I'd play a strong team tbh. Our best back four (VVD, Fonte,Cedric and for now Targett) need to play together as much as possible same for our midfield ( plus victor has already had a nice early two week break).

The only place I'd change things is up front I'd rest our first choice front three and play jrod down the middle with long and Juanmi either side. Get them rotating position and get balls over the top and down the channels there should be a enough pace and guile to test the dons defence.

I think the obvious answer is that you seek to reduce e waste whilst realising that you can't completely eradicate it. Clearly we could have done a bit better in that area and Martina seems to be another one.

Regardless of my feelings on the premature nature of consigning Martina to the scrap heap, it was reportedly a £1m deal (£3m has been mentioned too, but Sky say £1m and we all know tthat they would prefer it to be £3m in their quest to continually break the transfer window records :lol:). So, over the past two 'years' (under Koeman/without a certain influence), you can only really point to Martina and Gardos (i would disagree on both counts). That isn't too shabby.

Anyway, as David says. MK Dons buld-up, innit :thumbup:

Yes I agree that our back four need game time together. Would definitely like to see the strongest back line but no doubt Caulker will come in.

Soares has to play imo.

Game has come too early for Bertrand although he completed 45 minutes for the under 21's the other night so hopefully he'll be on the bench on the weekend.

Yes I agree that our back four need game time together. Would definitely like to see the strongest back line but no doubt Caulker will come in.

Soares has to play imo.

Game has come too early for Bertrand although he completed 45 minutes for the under 21's the other night so hopefully he'll be on the bench on the weekend.

I suspect Bertrand will be on the bench tonight. May get 10 mins or so

I'm still trying to work out what Martina did for people to describe him as "awful", as far as I could tell on the weekend, there was one moment where he hesitated over making a pass from the left back position, and then completed the pass. I don't remember him getting beaten out wide, or any terrible tackles, or even any particularly dodgy positioning?

Also, being "third choice right back" is hardly an indictment given that we basically signed him as emergency cover, plus the decision-making on first over second was hardly convincing, so why assume 2nd over 3rd is any more accurate? And of course he was played out of position.

So what is it that has suddenly made him as bad as *I* thought he was in Salzburg, when he was bloody awful - but have since revised my opinion significantly upwards to "competent and solid if unspectacular".

We haven't yet played Cedric in a competitive midweek match and the following weekend to my recollection, so I'd be inclined to think he won't play both tonight and Saturday.

I'm still clinging to the belief that we've got him on a strength programme and we're protecting him from over-training/over-playing by rotating him out, but we probably won't know that unless he's RB for every match come January.

I can see us wanting to use him on Saturday as we're at home and not against a top 6 side, so in that case he wouldn't play tonight.

VVD obviously had a tight hammy or something towards the end on Sunday so I would not bother him for this one at all. Likewise Targett went off injured so I don't see the point in playing him. Fonte needs to play himself into some better form so I would go with him and Caulker at CB and Martina and Soares at full-back. I like Soares and would not have left him out against Man U. Yoshida on the bench to cover all positions across the back. On the basis that I'm giving VVD and Targett a rest then if we feel we have to have another defender on the bench it can be one of the U21s.

I would play Gazza in goal. If Stek gets injured he will be called upon and it's no good suddenly expecting a player who has hardly played to step right in.

In midfield I would leave out Wanyama. He is important to us and I don't want him picking up a yellow card in this match. Romeu and Davis or JWP ought to provide a perfectly good platform against a second tier side.

Rest Pelle and let Long or Jay Rod start centrally. The other can play wide. That leaves two positions. I would have Tadic and Mane on the bench in case they are needed. Juanmi must get a start, I want to see what he can do. I would play Davis or JWP in the other vacant position.

That gives something like:

----------------------------------Gazza---------------------------

Soares---------------Fonte----------------Caulker-----------Martina

------------------------Romeu--------JWP--------------------------

--Davis-------------------------Juanmi-----------------Rodriguez--

----------------------------------Long---------------------------------

Perfectly decent team if the players actually show up for 90 minutes.

Bench: Davis, Yoshida, McCarthy, Reed, Tadic, Mane, Seager/Pelle

I'm still trying to work out what Martina did for people to describe him as "awful"

Let sleeping dogs lie ;)

In all seriousness, I'm in no position to tell you what and where to post, but it *may* be best to start a new thread, because it's clearly something that can be discussed at length/as part of a broader subject, and some folk have politely suggested that we remain within the confines of MKDons :)

I don' think we should "rest" Pelle. He's on fire atm and hes a big unit that needs games to keep fit. You rest him he might go off the boil and seize up. Just like Rickie. He needs games to keep limber. Don't need to give him a full game mind if we are comfortable with 20 minutes left but id rather not "practice"life after Pelle - we know its going to be ****e so practise in training not real games that count when he is still fit - we may as well face it that if hes injured or suspended we are going to play an inferior plan b attacking strategy that does not include lumping it up 30 -40 yards to the big man to head hold chest or pass it to a close by other player. We will try to do that by reverting to that multi passing team we once were that puts 20-30 2 yard passes together regularly, mostly sideways, before Jayrod or Long or Juanmi and Mane try a shot from a half yard of space they created in and around penalty area...

Let sleeping dogs lie ;)

In all seriousness, I'm in no position to tell you what and where to post, but it *may* be best to start a new thread, because it's clearly something that can be discussed at length/as part of a broader subject, and some folk have politely suggested that we remain within the confines of MKDons :)

Fair enough, bit of thread drift.

Some are putting Caulker in their starting XI, but he wasn't in the match day squad on Sunday and unless I missed him in a quick look through of the 54 photo gallery he possibly wasn't in Tuesday's training session. Perhaps he is injured or ill?

hungover

Apparantly Sky just said Bertrands doubtfull with an ankle injury !!

They are probably confused with Clasie.

They've been saying it all day, Clasie was also named right next to him. Basically they probably have no idea what Bertrand's status is and have 1) just assumed he's still injured and 2) no idea what the injury that he DID have was.