Man U Post match give-away

Ohio Saint

Frustrating day. Football needs video reviews, it really does. It's ridiculous that they're allowed a goal that's clearly offside in 5 seconds of video review. Absent that and Yoshida's moment, we're all celebrating here. At our best, we're amazing. But we need to find a way to win the ball back. No intensity in much of the second half today.

silver linings: Pelle looking really strong. JWP great first half.

we all know yoshida commits a howler nearly every game

we paid for it today

cedric must be a poor buy if he cant start against a good side

martina is a joke

Pelle, JWP and Mane were very good for us

have no idea why Ron changed it and moved mane wide after we had 30 mins or so very good play

we are in a bit of poo this season

staying up is the mission i feel

Not sure how I feel after that - a good start, but questioning why we changed approach. Were thoroughly second best in the second half and yet only went behind due to a catastrophic mistake. Add to that the offside decision and a few blinding saves from de Gea and I'm left wondering if I should feel cheated or frustrated at our performance.

Adriansfc is always having a pop at Yoshida because of his "at least once a game" slack passing. It's something that you have to say, is true enough. Sometimes he gets away with it, but other times it costs us the game.

My main misgiving is our apparent lack of fitness. We ran out of steam after 35 minutes for goodness sake, and were found wanting for most of the game, albeit a spirited attempt at the end. It's a lot easier to stay fit than get fit, so it's bitterly disappointing we haven't maintained anything close to the level that Pochettino, as much as I hate him, got us to.

Jwp mate is a total non entity without possession may as well play with a player less. He can whip a ball in but such a one trick pony. The moment he took Romeu off the sea of space just opened up further. We are so weak at fullback and replacing clyne with a player that is deemed a risk by the manager, so much so that he plays a CB out of position speaks volumes.

We need Bertrand back asap, stek is too slow off his line and we have to get Clasie involved as soon as possible. That way we don't lose defensive strength whilst still offering a decisive pass out to the forwards.

We are too slow moving the ball forward at the moment and we sat back way too much.

There RANT over.

No offence, but can't blame linesman for that but can blame Koeman for pathetic cowardly tactics after the first 20 when we were all over them. Yoshida at fb was like giving them a two goal head start and Martina wtf? Fontes worst PL game for Saints and VVD found wanting. Victor and Romeu stopped pressing and working, why? Pelle looks dangerous which might be the difference between 17th and 18th. Need to stay up with new TV deal coming.

Above all, need to get back to MP pressing game or bring in someone who will.

Koeman suffering from second season syndrome,seems to be baffling us with tactics each week now,Yoshida at RB was a bad call.

On the flip side putting JWP out wide to whip in crosses was a good call.

Pelle scored 2 but he comes across as petulant when it's not going his way,seems to lose interest very quickly

The first 20 mins I thought we were fantastic. JWP/Mane/Tadic and Pelle all played really well.

But after that 20 mins we just let them have the ball, stopped hurrying them and went too deep. JWP reverted back to his normal performances, Pelle looked like he couldn't be arsed. The only two who kept trying was Mane and Tadic.

Defence wise we were shocking. Romeu/Martina and Yos were pure garbage. My motm would be either Mane or Tadic.

Not much point now getting p*ssed off about the result and the no-overlap starting line-up, which I thought stripped us of one of the biggest advantages we had over United.

Not much point in gloom and doom about the next 6-7 months.

Put Bertrand, Soares and Clasie in that team and we're a match for anyone IMO.

Yoshida at RB is the worst decision Ron has made since he took over. Strange game, we were great for 30 mins, then just decided to give the game away. I think we will get going eventually, we simply have to forget about last season and be realistic about where we are at right now. We desparately need Bertrand back.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Not much point now getting p*ssed off about the result and the no-overlap starting line-up, which I thought stripped us of one of the biggest advantages we had over United.

Yeah pretty much spot on. We will be fine this season, we all got a bit over excited last year so let's not get too down now. I really think once Bertrand and Clasie will improve our side a lot. Mane and Pelle will cause problems for every team. Let West Ham believe they will reach the CL instead.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Agreed but he won't that's the issue shocking tactics after 30 and abysmal subs. Leave Romeu on push Juanmi in from left Tadic off. Whole defence were poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

Soares is fit and still can't get in the team,Clasie is still unknown,the only positive is Bertand is playing for the U21s tomorrow

The first 20 mins I thought we were fantastic. JWP/Mane/Tadic and Pelle all played really well.

But after that 20 mins we just let them have the ball, stopped hurrying them and went too deep. JWP reverted back to his normal performances, Pelle looked like he couldn't be arsed. The only two who kept trying was Mane and Tadic.

Defence wise we were shocking. Romeu/Martina and Yos were pure garbage. My motm would be either Mane or Tadic.

To be fair I thought Romeu had an ok game.

I think Koeman is playing too many out of position and has no faith in some of his new signings which means he has made bad purchases.

Can't get my head around not playing the international RB we bought in, and playing Yoshida instead. What does that say about Cedric? What does it say about our recruiting? Also can't believe that we don't have someone in the academy that can't do at least as good a job as Martina.

Abysmal. We were awesome for the opening 30 minutes, Pelle was in full beast mode and then we just stopped playing. Regardless of the fact Mata was clearly offside the defending for their goal was atrocious, and then the manner in which we've gave them the second was ridiculous. The exact same **** up Fonte made in the same fixture last season!

We stopped playing completely after that, did they have about 20 straight passes in the run up to their 3rd goal? Felt like they had possession for ages!

Awful support again, sing when we're scoring and that's it.

Started the game with weak full backs.

Ended with even weaker ones.

Need a settled back four with full backs who can contribute in defence and attack.

Pelle played well, Mane too but 3-2 flattered us.

With Swansea and Chelsea to come next we could well be bottom 3 after 8 or 9 games which isn't good at all.

Aside: What was signing Martina all about? Why sign a RB in Cedric who you don't trust to be able to defend?

Edited by Saint Charlie

Koeman is so negative it makes us frankly incredibly dull to watch. Mane is the only player that gets fans excited. Obvious and inexplicably bad errors for their goals but the overall attitude is so uninspiring. No intensity in the second half, no pressing. Just dull propaganda football

No chance propaganda football requires you to have lots of the ball and pass it about to no effect. We had neither a lot the ball or the ability to pass it. It wasn't propaganda football it was just **** football.

Soares is fit and still can't get in the team,Clasie is still unknown,the only positive is Bertand is playing for the U21s tomorrow

I think Koeman is still assessing his (new) squad, and I'd be surprised if he makes the Yoshida-over-Cedric choice again. Maya gave us little going forward and (in a moment of sick irony, considering that he was picked to strengthen us defensively) dropped a major defensive clanger that cost a goal.

Clasie will take a while to adjust but gives us a CM option we don't have right now. United were not placed under enough pressure there, in front of Wanyama and Romeu - hence their long spells of possession.

Bertrand will be a major upgrade on a young player who's still learning.

I'll stick with my pre-season view that we'll have a weaker first half of the season but a much stronger second half.

To be fair I thought Romeu had an ok game.

I think Koeman is playing too many out of position and has no faith in some of his new signings which means he has made bad purchases.

He basically stated that Soares has no defensive qualities.That's Soares, the man he bought as a defender to play in our defence.

Yes one or two players could have done better - that is often the case but the guy that worries me is Koeman... He gets something right then changes it... He doesn't recognise issues developing in the game. The massive that lost us this game was we stopped pressing after we scored.... Koeman did nothing - did not get the message to the players he just lets situations continue..... He has to be much sharper in his thought processes. We sat off and the good teams press all the game...

Started the game with weak full backs.

Ended with even weaker ones.

Need a settled back four with full backs who can contribute in defence and attack.

Pelle played well, Mane too but 3-2 flattered us.

With Swansea and Chelsea to come next we could well be bottom 3 after 8 or 9 games which isn't good at all.

Aside: What was signing Martina all about? Why sign a RB in Cedric who you don't trust to be able to defend?

Didn't Martina replace Targett? You could have moved Yoshida to LB and brought Cedric on but Yoshida is a worse LB than Martina...

He basically stated that Soares has no defensive qualities.That's Soares, the man he bought as a defender to play in our defence.

We knew Clyne was leaving and we brought in two replacements which clearly are not up to the job. Les and Ron are responsible which shows disappointing judgement. It's one of the factors that's costing us right now.

It's all fine margins. Take away their offside goal with a more competent linesman, cut out the suicidal defensive error for Yoshida and we win 2-1.

But what was inexscusable was the way that we let them pass the ball around when they were 3-1 up, without closing them down and pressing the ball. Thankfully Koeman made the right decision to counter that negativity by introducing Davis and Long, both of whom can be relied upon to give their all and having pulled a goal back, at last we showed some urgency and put United on the rack during the 5 minutes added on. Again, small margins, as one has to ask whether United's second choice Keeper would have made those saves that De Gea did. But I didn't think that Romeu had done that badly to have been substituted ahead of J-WP.

United are now strong in midfield and attack, but still have glaring weaknesses in defence and we should have punished them for it. I am getting heartily fed-up with how we pass the ball back in defence for Stekelenburg eventually to hit it long and lose possession, when we were at our most effective before when we played the ball up the field from the keeper to the midfield. Had we shown the sort of urgency 10 minutes earlier that we did in that last five minutes, then we could have taken at least a point, if not all three.

Finally, Crap'nberk was his usual biased self, allowing United and in particualr Schneiderlin a succession of fouls without punishment, whereas we got two yellows for nothing more serious.

Did koeman buy him? Some players clearly have the koeman touch not sure Soares is one of them.

Its Soares, the man the Club brought in.

A signing from the Portuguese League where Koeman managed for a couple of years and would clearly have contacts. Nah, nothing to do with him, guv.

Edited by CB Fry

To put it bluntly That was bloody awful! We didn't lose this game we gave it to them.Clattenberg let them get away with murder again and motormouth Rooney was whinging to him for most of the match.Last season RVP,this season the 'wonder kid' they string thirty two passes together prior to their third goal without a single challenge from a Saint.Disgraceful.Wanyama needs to practice passing,Fonte to practice going down as soon as his shirt is pulled and JWP needs replacing by Harry Reed.Rant over.

Wow, wish I hadn't come on here to read this. I thought it was a close game in which two errors and some outstanding goalkeeping cost us all three points. Reading this you'd think we just got beaten by Portsmouth

There's work to be done, but we aren't going to get relegated ffs

Fonte was looking for a midfield option and had none.

He looked for a full back option and they didn't give him one. Defensive full backs never really want the ball.

Why give it to the keeper just for him to " lump it long " when you can do it yourself from a more advanced position ?

I would like to see our back pass stats compared to other teams, it must be awful.