Man U Post match give-away

Ohio Saint

Why give it to the keeper just for him to " lump it long " when you can do it yourself from a more advanced position ?

I would like to see our back pass stats compared to other teams, it must be awful.

Because he was being closed down well by their strikers.

The only reason the defenders go back to the keeper is a lack of options in front of them.

Schneiderlin always came deep to get the ball. Maybe Clasie can do that for us when he is back.

Everyone going on about soares. Jesus

Him and Bertrand are very similar, attacking players. Playing targett, who is not really an attacking full back, and soares together is just going to leave holes all over the pitch.

I agree yoshoda should not be playing, but it makes sense to be playing either two defensive full backs, or two attacking, instead of one of each.

Once Bertrand is back, cedric will play every game.

How many shots did they have on target? I barely remember Steklenberg making a save whereas De Gea pulled off qute a few.

Surrendering possession after 30 minutes lost us that game. Suddenly we sat back when we'd been largely taking the game to them and causing problems.

All the idiots that left early though. Seriously have a look at yourselves. The chap behind us left as soon as their 3rd went in saying "I've had enough of this" then with 10 minutes to go people were streaming towards the exits from every block. Fucking twats the lot of them.

Cedric was bought by the club, not by Koeman himself.

Oh, ok then. Apparently unlike you I take it as a given that when people on football forums on the internet talk about football players signed by managers of football clubs (eg - "Cedric Soares was signed by Ronald Koeman") they think the money to fund such purchases come from the club in question rather than from the personal bank account of the manager in question.

How many shots did they have on target? I barely remember Steklenberg making a save whereas De Gea pulled off qute a few.

Surrendering possession after 30 minutes lost us that game. Suddenly we sat back when we'd been largely taking the game to them and causing problems.

All the idiots that left early though. Seriously have a look at yourselves. The chap behind us left as soon as their 3rd went in saying "I've had enough of this" then with 10 minutes to go people were streaming towards the exits from every block. Fucking twats the lot of them.

3 on target. 3 goals. Has Stek even done anything this season?

Started the game with weak full backs.

Ended with even weaker ones.

Need a settled back four with full backs who can contribute in defence and attack.

Pelle played well, Mane too but 3-2 flattered us.

With Swansea and Chelsea to come next we could well be bottom 3 after 8 or 9 games which isn't good at all.

Aside: What was signing Martina all about? Why sign a RB in Cedric who you don't trust to be able to defend?

Bullshit. They had 3 shots on target, 3 goals, one of which should've been disallowed from a blatant offside, and the other came from a cock up by Yoshida. Apart from the 2 goals Pelle hit the post, De Gea pulled off some brilliant saves, and JWP could've won us a penalty.

I could go on a rant but I can't be bothered , Not happy with Rons defensive priority at home!

Not happy with the so called supporters on here. I don't understand why they slag off the team so much, constructive criticism yes but lashing out with ill thought out and frankly inaccurate emotional clap trap is laughable. We could have done better but for one or two incidents going another way it could have been a wholly different story.

I'm still scratching my head at that game. First 20-25 was excellent, should have been at least two up. Then we sit off them, no pressing or harrying, then suddenly come alive for the last 10 minutes or so. Bonkers! Koeman's tactics & lineup were certainly questionable today.

Bullshit. They had 3 shots on target, 3 goals, one of which should've been disallowed from a blatant offside, and the other came from a cock up by Yoshida. Apart from the 2 goals Pelle hit the post, De Gea pulled off some brilliant saves, and JPW could've won us a penalty.

For 50 odd mins we didn't get near them.

We allowed them a goal from a 45 pass move. Sure we had some good chances but we were poor for more minutes than we were good and displayed some horrific defending. We didn't deserve a penalty.

Our second goal and late flurry somewhat hides the abysmal second half collapse for me.

As opposed to some clubs where the Manager has full say on who comes in.

Watch the first couple of episodes of The March on the Saints You Tube and there is a good section with Ross Wilson who explains how it works.

Did he explain some signings are "bought by Koeman" and some are "bought by the club"? No, he didn't.

Why on earth did Martina and Yoshida get at rb over Soares? ffs

That's the question a journalist with a brain cell should have asked post match to Ronald, except more forcefully. 'Can you please explain why the club replaced the England right back with someone much cheaper who wasn't deemed good enough to start today? Do you admit that cost your team the game?'

Reed needs to be made accountable for the mess over the summer and Ronald needs to get us back to the MP pressing game and fitness levels if we want to be a top flight club next year.

I left early today. Sat in the Itchen North, right next to the away fans, with my little girl and was actually told to leave a few minutes early by a safety steward because it was likely to kick off st the final whistle Something to do with a corporate box full of man u fans behind us. Would have stayed on my own didn't want my daughter mixed up in any ****. Happy to be a **** in this case ?

Soares is a very good player so i'm not buying all this cheaper not good enough crap. The only think I can think of is that Koeman wanted to protect that flank by having a more defensive rb on or that Soares was carrying a knock. If it's the former then Koeman needs to hold his hands up as it was a huge mistake.

Did he explain some signings are "bought by Koeman" and some are "bought by the club"? No, he didn't.

He said all are bought by the transfer committee of which Koeman is a member alongside others. Koeman obviously ok's the players but he is given a list of workable targets.

In the case of Cedric all I am saying is Koeman may well have preferred other options, or Cedric may have been his first choice, we won't know. But recruitment is done by the club not solely the Manager.

That's the question a journalist with a brain cell should have asked post match to Ronald, except more forcefully. 'Can you please explain why the club replaced the England right back with someone much cheaper who wasn't deemed good enough to start today? Do you admit that cost your team the game?'

Reed needs to be made accountable for the mess over the summer and Ronald needs to get us back to the MP pressing game and fitness levels if we want to be a top flight club next year.

I agree, I wish that the post match interviews addressed some fundamental questions such as set up and substitusions rather then mundane say what you saw type questions.

Knew before the game we were in trouble when I saw yoshida at right back. 3 clean sheets in a row with Cedric in too. If he's not good enough to play instead of yoshida then why did we buy him? Same for Martina? Mane and pelle very good and Vic. Thought Romeo and van diyk were poor too. We need to beat Swansea otherwise going to be tough season.

Knew before the game we were in trouble when I saw yoshida at right back. 3 clean sheets in a row with Cedric in too. If he's not good enough to play instead of yoshida then why did we buy him? Same for Martina? Mane and pelle very good and Vic. Thought Romeo and van diyk were poor too. We need to beat Swansea otherwise going to be tough season.

We got him because he's a cheap option to Clyne.

It's what we do.

He said all are bought by the transfer committee of which Koeman is a member alongside others. Koeman obviously ok's the players but he is given a list of workable targets.

In the case of Cedric all I am saying is Koeman may well have preferred other options, or Cedric may have been his first choice, we won't know. But recruitment is done by the club not solely the Manager.

So you agree with me. All signings are bought by the club. Cheers.

An offside goal.

A horror mistake by an individual.

A world class goal keeping performance.

We're unlucky not to get more out of that game.

This. We won't be in a relegation battle but a battle to finish in the top half.

Pelle was brilliant at times. And why Yoshida continues to play I'll never know.

Pelle and Mane were the only ones to come out of that game with any credit in my opinion. We looked nervous and shaky at the back right from the start of the game. After their first goal our intensity completely dropped and it seemed like we were happy to just stand there and watch them pass the ball around us for a while, Mata's goal being the example. Koeman had a shocker, that's undeniable really. 3 points against Swansea is a must.

I thought the long ball worked reasonably well at times today. Pelle had the beating of Blind in the air every time. Thought we could have got more crosses into their box as their marking was awful. I guess when you have two non-attacking full backs playing that was going to be a big ask.

it's not quite clicked yet for us,I still don't think RK knows his best team,it's clear we have the quality in the team to be winning games it's just getting that right balance to go on a run of games and get us up the table

It will come I am sure of it,we just need it sooner rather than later

If morgan was playing for us today he would have been booked.quite how he wasnt ill never know

He was playing for Man Utd. There were several fouls today that should have been yellowed and that might have given us a few more opportunities later in the game.

We lost because we backed off them in fear after the first 30 minutes and tried to fall back to ten yards outside the penalty area. That and another serious case of passbackitus blindus. The supposed offside was marginal enough for most to miss it. It worked in our favour when Pellè scored against Norwich.