Saints vs Swansea - Build Up

Lighthouse

Key for me is whether he plays Cedric. Surely he has to, but he played the full 90 tonight so you never know.

Personally would keep Long from the bench. Swansea aren't MK Dons and Pelle had his best game for us versus United and is a more reliable goalscorer.

Koeman said after the game that Bertrand probably isnt fit to play a whole game, but would start with him anyway.

Edited by Saint Charlie

If we keep possession and maintain a high press we will win. Lay back and we will lose. Tough game. I liked the way the attackers linked last night...for some reason we don't get that with Pelle quite so muçh. I would keep Pelle on the bench and bring him on at 75m to either shore up the lead or start the long ball chase.

The right back situation is a worry.

Last season we definitely lacked creativity against Swansea. Gaston on the bench?

I thought we were by a mile the better side at home just got done by a very good goal. Usual crap efforts at goal cost us that game

likewise, they were the better side at theirs against us but the sending off changed it and we nicked it

Didn't realise until this morning Swansea haven't won in three games. Form for both teams a little ropey.

Have to say I really liked the more mobile attack we played with last night. Hard to drop pelle (and Ron won't) but our forward play was much more dynamic last night. With Pelle playing we seem far more predicable.

Cedric is a no brainier. Sadly that hasn't stopped him being dropped.

Long worries me. He's ok as sub but usually awful starting, so many good attacking options yet can see Koeman starting him and ignoring others.

Youd imagine Pelle and Tadic back in, Rodriguez would have to replace pelle really. Juanmi looks decent but he'll need to perform from the bench for a while, just hope he comes on before long.

Were you at the game last night? Merrington said he looked *okaaaay*, but nothing more. Genuine Q, I'd be interested to hear the perspective of those who caught a glimpse.

Stekelenburg

Soares

Fonte

VvD

Bertrand

Wanyama

Romeu

Tadic

Mane

Pelle

Rodriguez

Davis, Yoshida/Caulker, Clasie, Jwp/Davis, Ramirez, Juanmi, Long

With Seager already showing he's back to fitness and form, I'd give him a slot on the bench , eg rather than Juanmi.

With Seager already showing he's back to fitness and form, I'd give him a slot on the bench , eg rather than Juanmi.

His style just doesn't fit the first team. McQueen has been a lot better at the Pelle-style leadership role, for Seager to get a game in the first team we'd have to completely revamp how we play, and as they're not doing that to accommodate Rodriguez or Long I can't see us doing it for Seager.

His skills are movement around the box and finishing, he's by no means the kind of target man or creator Pelle is.

I watched the game. Juanmi was OK, he clearly has talent but not sure he's getting enough Prem time to show it. That said, I still think Ramirez is a better player in a deeper role. So what do I know

"Watched" as in 'at the game/in the stadium?' Sorry, just trying to clarify because as previously mentioned, a perspective other than Merrington's would be ideal :p

Reference Ramirez, what you know sounds about right (to me). Deeper being a CM birth, which is ultimately his downfall, because he'll never get it in this team/league. (As always, all imo)

Edit: Assuming you were at the match, thanks for the input/answer.

Edited by Donatello

His style just doesn't fit the first team. McQueen has been a lot better at the Pelle-style leadership role, for Seager to get a game in the first team we'd have to completely revamp how we play, and as they're not doing that to accommodate Rodriguez or Long I can't see us doing it for Seager.

His skills are movement around the box and finishing, he's by no means the kind of target man or creator Pelle is.

On the Seager subject, this is how I currently see it (and have viewed it ever since last season when his goal tally was causing 'headlines', in all honesty). I just can't see his skill set translating. Of all the tipped graduates, I've long thought he is the least likely to progress. The sharp end of a stick which lacks a handle. Not writing him off, of course. At any rate, he'll have a career to be proud of somewhere.

P.S I'm talking in terms of him being a potential starter.

Edited by Donatello

I think it's safe to assume all those not involved last night will start (although I'd prefer is Soares did regardless) so I'm going for a line up of...

Stekelenburg

Yoshida

Fonte

VvD

Targett

Wanyama

Romeu

JWP

Mane

Pelle

Tadic

probably swap Soares for Yoshida after the last game.

Sooooo... Swansea fans down for the game and then England v Wales in the rugby in the evening. Hoping a few Welsh fans hang around, should be a cracking atmosphere in some of the pubs if they do....

But doubt they're bringing many?

Sounds like they've got around a couple of thousand making the trip, they returned tickets for Block 35 which is now on sale to Saints fans.

Not a rugby fan myself but guess it will add a bit of spice to the occasion, they'll no doubt be in good patriotic voice.

They haven't scored in 3 but I think they've taken on James Beattie as a striker coach, depending on which one turns up, that may not be a great concern.

Gary Monk in, if / when RK leaves? Don't want Ron to leave but feel he will at the end of his contract.

Would GM want to come to us, or has he built up a greater affinity with the Swans? Would love to have a decent ex player as our main man - red and white through and through rather than a glam name! Who else is possible in that capacity - Pahars?

Don't personally want Kevin K. Franny would be brill but not good enough! What is Chris N up to these days - always liked him, but I fear the modern game is not his forte!

He's so embarrassed by the mars bar chant last night he's not leaving the house for 72 hours, this missing training and ruling himself out of selection for Saturday.

Sorry guys, completely missed this - what was the context? One of the MK players have a funny hair do or something? Ignored it first but seems to be doing the rounds??

Gary Monk in, if / when RK leaves? Don't want Ron to leave but feel he will at the end of his contract.

Would GM want to come to us, or has he built up a greater affinity with the Swans? Would love to have a decent ex player as our main man - red and white through and through rather than a glam name! Who else is possible in that capacity - Pahars?

Don't personally want Kevin K. Franny would be brill but not good enough! What is Chris N up to these days - always liked him, but I fear the modern game is not his forte!

Garry Monk is not red and white through and through.