Liverpool away

ashleyb5443

• 2 weeks later...

There are two of us going up independently for the game and staying outside of the city

Is it best to go into Liverpool and park and get a bus (or taxi) to the ground or is there parking relatively close to Anfield?

Last time I went we had to pay to local scallies to 'watch out' for the car whilst we were at the game!!

There are two of us going up independently for the game and staying outside of the city

Is it best to go into Liverpool and park and get a bus (or taxi) to the ground or is there parking relatively close to Anfield?

Last time I went we had to pay to local scallies to 'watch out' for the car whilst we were at the game!!

Last time I drove (when David Hirst played we parked at Everton's ground and walked across Stanley Park.

Last time I drove (when David Hirst played we parked at Everton's ground and walked across Stanley Park.

That is what i do as well. I park in the Walton Lifestyles Sports Centre (L4 9XP) which is free when Liverpool play but £5 for Everton. From there it is about 20 minutes or so walk if you get a shift on. But after the game you can be straight away in not too much traffic and back on the Motorway in no time.

I've driven to Liverpool twice in the past 6 months and parked in a temporary car park in the City Centre both times and paid the "Scally" £3.50 on each occasion and it was perfectly fine. Even got a Saints sticker on the back.

We parked within half a mile on some waste ground off Anfield Road, wasn't free but was watched and didn't take THAT long to get away afterwards. Judging from Google maps it was behind the Abbey Lawns Nursing Home 9 Anfield Rd, Liverpool L4 0TE, UK. 53.433061, -2.965683

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Abbey+Lawns+Nursing+Home/Anfield+Stadium,+Anfield+Road,+Liverpool/@53.4331666,-2.9657137,77m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0xb72fe4d43930c875!2m2!1d-2.9657568!2d53.43292!1m5!1m1!1s0x487b21654b02538b:0x84576a57e21973ff!2m2!1d-2.96083!2d53.4308294!3e2

As for paying the locals, yeah, my dad used to do that in the 1980s when he went. "Mind chya cyaa fer a kkkkkhquid mistuh?". Inflation and all that.