Ryan's Return

Faz

Bertrand has played three games, and we've scored 12 goals.

Coincidence? I think not. He brings balance to the team, and a threat down the left hand side which pings the opponent's right side back.

Onwards!

He's been great since he came back. But with stats like that, perhaps there's a case to be made for playing him further forward? With an impressive goal record like that should we be trying him in midfield especially if he's got goals to burn? We also played Bale too far back, Ryan could be another.

He's been great since he came back. But with stats like that, perhaps there's a case to be made for playing him further forward? With an impressive goal record like that should we be trying him in midfield especially if he's got goals to burn? We also played Bale too far back, Ryan could be another.

Stats like what? A demolition of MK Dons doesn't count for much. He is our best LB by a country mile. Don't tinker

Agree. It would be much better if we only had mediocre players :)

No, it would be much better if the superb individual performances cant be differentiated across the team.

But I guess then someone would come sniffing for Koeman.

I didnt say I dont want us to have good players with good performances. What a strange interpretation.

Bertrand has played three games, and we've scored 12 goals.

Coincidence? I think not. He brings balance to the team, and a threat down the left hand side which pings the opponent's right side back. Onwards!

....but to be statistically correct...only 8. We'd already scored 4 (at MK Dons )....before he came on as sub. (at 55 mins.)....but point is well taken.

Matt Targett DAJFU in the meantime..(and not a bad one either), but no way is he in Bertrand's class. Ryan looks so calm on the ball and makes excellent moves/runs.

Look forward to seeing him improve even more ....and get back to last seasons' form - and his rightful place at LB for England.

Quality player, I was a bit dubious when we origionally brought him in to replace Shaw but he has repaid us in spades! Hopefully his proveious experience witha 'top' club will encourage him to stay and enjoy playing football a little longer than some.

His ability to play the ball quickly and accurately into midfield and overlap are two of the reasons he shouldn't be in midfield, not to mention his defensive skill.

The team looks a lot better with him in it. Not only does he have great ability but I think he brings a lot more confidence to those around him.

Especially evident with the CBs. Fonte and VvD are already looking more comfortable venturing further up the field as they don't have to worry so much about covering defensive weaknesses at LB. Don't get me wrong, I love Targett but he's just not going to be a starter in the Premier League on merit alone yet - only when he's needed to cover for an injury.

Hopefully having failed to make the grade at Chelsea it will mean he will go under the radar of the Big clubs or at least they will think twice about going in for him.

I think he is a fantastic player and hopefully with a good season he will start at the Euro's (should Shaw not make a very speedy recovery)