Saints FC Bags for Life

jawillwill

With the new 5p carrier bag charge coming in to force today, is this an area of the market Saints should be looking to break in to. It would be great advertising for the club everytime people do their weekly shop, and the subsequent revenue could help fund new transfers (or other good stuff) that we may otherwise be unable to afford.

Thoughts?

With the new 5p carrier bag charge coming in to force today, is this an area of the market Saints should be looking to break in to. It would be great advertising for the club everytime people do their weekly shop, and the subsequent revenue could help fund new transfers (or other good stuff) that we may otherwise be unable to afford.

Thoughts?

Good idea.....we would need to sell around 260 million of them to buy someone like VVD

The 5p bag law is only applicable to stores with 250 employees or more. I think the Saints Megastores should be okay and continue with free bags - although they could always take this opportunity to start charging 5p for a bag regardless.

I've got hundreds of plastic bags - here in Dubai they seem to think you need a seperate bag for each item and each till has somebody packing for you whilst you are unloading your trolley/basket, before you get a chance to do it for yourself.

Think on my next leave I'll bring back a suitcase full and set up a stall outside one of the big supermarkets selling bags at 3p each!!

I've got hundreds of plastic bags - here in Dubai they seem to think you need a seperate bag for each item and each till has somebody packing for you whilst you are unloading your trolley/basket, before you get a chance to do it for yourself.

Think on my next leave I'll bring back a suitcase full and set up a stall outside one of the big supermarkets selling bags at 3p each!!

Undercutting the pompey pikeys already they were going to charge 4p a bag.

NB go to Fujeirah and empty the blue plastic bag trees as well will be a Peso millionaire within the month.

I do love our little green policies over here.

when you go around the world, you see most places do not give a feck.

What ever we do in the UK is virtually pointless

Undercutting the pompey pikeys already they were going to charge 4p a bag.

NB go to Fujeirah and empty the blue plastic bag trees as well will be a Peso millionaire within the month.

Purlease .... I have standards .... those cheap corner shop blue bags are just like Skatesmuffs accounts ... full of holes!!

The town I live in the Philippines has banned plastic bags altogether. You have to take your own or buy a bag for life at the till in every shop. So dont come the "its only us doing this why the hell should we card"

If you are organised it can be done cold boxes for the fresh meat and fish and paper bags for everything else.

The town I live in the Philippines has banned plastic bags altogether. You have to take your own or buy a bag for life at the till in every shop. So dont come the "its only us doing this why the hell should we card"

If you are organised it can be done cold boxes for the fresh meat and fish and paper bags for everything else.

Spain do it too when I've been to non-touristy areas like Salamanca. So not just us at all.

The 5p bag law is only applicable to stores with 250 employees or more. I think the Saints Megastores should be okay and continue with free bags - although they could always take this opportunity to start charging 5p for a bag regardless.

Yep, in years to come it will just be 5p for all plastic bags so why not get in there first and be able to claim we were eco-friendly first.

Lolno.

The law applies to "retailers" who have more than 250 employees. Its the number who work for Southampton FC that will count. I would have thought Southampton FC have 250 or more employees, regardless of how many work in the retail stores themselves. Many smaller enterprises are planning to charge 5p as well, many also planning to donate the money they make to charity.

You won't get much shopping in a fish.

.oh don't you believe it.

here in Sweden, stores charge various fees for different sized bags......normally from (abt.)12p. (:scared:).up.

They are re-usable..a few times at least, but you need to convince some cashiers that's it's already a bag that you've paid for .........:admin: