Sam Gallagher - Joins Blackburn: Official

Sergei Gotsmanov

If there is someone we can buy who is a genuine upgrade on Long, Austin and Jay Rod and is well suited to the style Puel wants then, great, let's buy them if we can.

If not, I would be happy to see him given a chance. A lot of forward play is about confidence and he will be full of confidence.

If we need numbers, I'd rather it was Gallagher than someone signed purely to make up the numbers. We aren't going to get a return on Austin, Long or Jay Rod so we do need to be a bit careful about our next striker move or we're going to be throwing a lot of the wage budget down the well.

Who can say what is likely and unlikely in football these days though? There's only one way to find out.

Equally, there's only one way to find out once and for all whether Anne Widdecombe would do a job up front. We all assess things based on what's in front of us!

I wonder how many goals Long would score for Blackburn in the Championship.

Who can say what is likely and unlikely in football these days though? There's only one way to find out.
well if you bring Gallagher back and he fails to make the step up, that could leave us with a forward line that cant score for toffee. Dangerous game to play, especially if the defence starts to leak goals

doesn't that apply to anyone we bring in?
yes, but there are different risk strategies. Gallagher is future talent that needs to gain experience before being under the pressure of the PL. Its a harder position to establish yourself in, probably the hardest.

Personally Sims brilliant start is fantastic but we have to make sure he is gradually brought through, he could easily become a one match wonder

yes, but there are different risk strategies. Gallagher is future talent that needs to gain experience before being under the pressure of the PL. Its a harder position to establish yourself in, probably the hardest.

Personally Sims brilliant start is fantastic but we have to make sure he is gradually brought through, he could easily become a one match wonder

Sam McQueen doesn't seem to have struggled with the pressure I'm all for bringing in academy boys in to the first team.

well if you bring Gallagher back and he fails to make the step up, that could leave us with a forward line that cant score for toffee. Dangerous game to play, especially if the defence starts to leak goals

We could also not bring him back, and still have a forward line that doesn't score for toffee. He is probably just the sort of striker we would be looking to sign in January anyway, if he wasn't ours already.

I can't see us paying out for anyone so it'll either be a loan , Sam or no one Imo! Personally I'd like Sam to stay where he is until the summer as you can't underestimate the importance a season of scoring regularly against men in a tough league for his confidence and form next season !

It's not a case of bringing Gallagher back. It's more about why on earth would we bring the lad back to face the higher standard defences in the Premier with the team playing such defensive negative dross. It might ruin all the good work he is doing. Leave him where he is. Better still get Puel to change the way he has the team playing more Everton and second half Middlesborough than meaningless possession statistics. Goals win matches.

I can't see us paying out for anyone so it'll either be a loan , Sam or no one Imo! Personally I'd like Sam to stay where he is until the summer as you can't underestimate the importance a season of scoring regularly against men in a tough league for his confidence and form next season !

arguably though his confidence must be sky high right now which is more than you can say for our other strikers.

It's not a case of bringing Gallagher back. It's more about why on earth would we bring the lad back to face the higher standard defences in the Premier with the team playing such defensive negative dross. It might ruin all the good work he is doing. Leave him where he is. Better still get Puel to change the way he has the team playing more Everton and second half Middlesborough than meaningless possession statistics. Goals win matches.

Yes but by not letting in many goals you dont have to score that many to win

Sam made 20 odd Premiership appearance 3 years ago - he's not a complete novice, most were from the bench but he has scored in the Prem and has an FA Cup goal for us too. I would leave him at Blackburn where he is positively thriving with a manager who rates him but if we can't get anyone else then I might think again

Sam made 20 odd Premiership appearance 3 years ago - he's not a complete novice, most were from the bench but he has scored in the Prem and has an FA Cup goal for us too. I would leave him at Blackburn where he is positively thriving with a manager who rates him but if we can't get anyone else then I might think again

I think the last bit is our fail-safe. We have the option IF we can't get anyone else.

Sam McQueen doesn't seem to have struggled with the pressure I'm all for bringing in academy boys in to the first team.
yes but a full back is not quite the main attacking threat. Taking I love seeing our lads develop in the PL is just what the owners will love.Not having to buy and the fans taking it.

When Gallagher has developed then put him in, Kane spent a long time learning his trade at other clubs before he was pushed into the major responsbility of being the main target man

• 1 month later...

scored the winner yesterday. Goal nos 11

bit concerned to see the press are reporting he is running his contract down and Saints haven't offered him a new one yet

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2786920/the-boss-of-goss-leeds-line-up-raid-for-liverpool-whizzkid-and-andy-robertson-to-quit-hull/

I know its only the Sun but even so hope the club haven't taken their eye off the ball

bit concerned to see the press are reporting he is running his contract down and Saints haven't offered him a new one yet

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2786920/the-boss-of-goss-leeds-line-up-raid-for-liverpool-whizzkid-and-andy-robertson-to-quit-hull/

I know its only the Sun but even so hope the club haven't taken their eye off the ball

Really can`t imagine this happening.....:rolleyes:

He seems to have a lot of affection for Saints from what I read about Sam. I would suspect that it is agents trying to get a better deal on the table.

• 2 weeks later...