New Stadium "Presenter" in the offing?

The9

Well "Steve " did say Saturday was his last game with Saints, so he is being replaced... I am sure we all await with bated breath...

I'm impressed you heard, I saw him kiss the camera or wave goodbye or whatever he did (I wasn't really looking), and I sure as hell couldn't hear him.

FWIW "bated" breath means "holding your breath" in excitement or anticipation. It's got nothing to do with bait and comes from "abate", as in to stop something happening (e.g noise abatement society).

Probably an issue with the Northam then, not with the man himself or with the PA in general. In the Itchen south he is (was) unfortunately loud and clear.

I have not been able to hear the PA System in the Chapel clearly ever since SMS was built.Listening to Gordon Strachan on the large screen video was a joke.

I have not been able to hear the PA System in the Chapel clearly ever since SMS was built.Listening to Gordon Strachan on the large screen video was a joke.

I'd say the guy before Bennett (I forget the predecessor's name) at least enunciated his words properly. I could understand him, Bennett talked quickly and was largely un-understandable.

Get the True Geordie to switch allegiance and give him the job, would be a larf.

I think if we're recruiting a replacement they should proactively find a woman for the role. By doing so they will open up more opportunities for recruiting women in football, and find a voice that represents the 30% or so of female football supporters. I think they should use positive discrimation to make that happen to counter the male bias. We can show we're a club for the 21st century not stuck in the past like Spurs clearly are. Plus, there's increasing evidence that women are just better at this kind of thing - quicker witted, funnier, and more likeable. I might try and get a Twitter campaign going on this - it would be great to get your support.

I think if we're recruiting a replacement they should proactively find a woman for the role. By doing so they will open up more opportunities for recruiting women in football, and find a voice that represents the 30% or so of female football supporters. I think they should use positive discrimation to make that happen to counter the male bias. We can show we're a club for the 21st century not stuck in the past like Spurs clearly are. Plus, there's increasing evidence that women are just better at this kind of thing - quicker witted, funnier, and more likeable. I might try and get a Twitter campaign going on this - it would be great to get your support.

Franny's daughter ?

Or they could just recruit the best candidate, rather than specifically searching for a specific gender... I'd like to think that if a woman excels in the recruitment process, then she'd get the role.

This sounds like the sort of progressive thing that would be a natural next step for a club with such a progressive chairman. Getting a woman to be the announcer seems like the most obvious way to go. Particularly if she's fit.

This sounds like the sort of progressive thing that would be a natural next step for a club with such a progressive chairman. Getting a woman to be the announcer seems like the most obvious way to go. Particularly if she's fit.

lets ne honest, IF it is a female taking over. She will be pleasing to the eye. Much like the birds on SSN

it wont be a claire balding looky-likey

I asked about the PA recently and got a fairly standard reply:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your feedback regarding the PA system and the advertised position of Club Presenter. You make some valid points, and some interesting suggestions.

We have forwarded your comments to the relevant staff within the facilities team, who are currently undertaking a review of the system and putting forward ideas for a potential upgrade.

However, that last paragraph explicitly says that there is a review of the PA system taking place. I'll follow up in a month or so unless it breaks here first of course.

Oh my god, I so totally agree Hypo! And this would send out such a positive message for the next generation of female announcers to understand there's no closed doors to female talent in football.

Yeah, and I agree they should be fit - it's good for a sports club to promote healthy life style messages.