Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

• 2 weeks later...
Who have they blown up?

Verbal's confusion right there.

Crack on with your Sharia takeover of England though.

I'll take that as your admission that you are a neo-Nazi sympathiser.

One more question: are you active in these neo-Nazi groups?

No. They're obviously not .

However , the way their religion treats women , gays and other groups they " disapprove " of , is at odds with living in a free & liberal society like ours .

This is the thing though, they way you talk about "their religion" makes it sound like they have no choice. Just because some of them are wired differently and chose to interpret their Holy Book in a certain way doesn't mean that the whole of Islam is tainted. There are nutters in every religious organisations who take extreme positions and claim that is what the "word" says. If that was the case you think that the rest of the 1.6b would follow that to.

Do you think it's a good thing or not?

Do I think that Islam is a good thing? I am not religious but I have no problem in people peacefully practicing their own religions. I do have a problem with nutters who arm themselves to the teeth and go out and kill innocent people. That includes the crazy Americans who manage to kill more of their neighbours than any terrorist group each year.

No, but what does that have to do with the islamification of Europe that you support though?

It can't happen fast enough, Shari'a Mash.

What a wonderland you see through your neo-Nazi spectacles. And you're in London too - how do you even breathe the air shared with all those black and brown people?

It can't happen fast enough, Shari'a Mash.

What a wonderland you see through your neo-Nazi spectacles. And you're in London too - how do you even breathe the air shared with all those black and brown people?

That's the problem with the closed minded view of some on the left - anyone that doesn't want to see Islamification of their country is a neo Neo nazi.

This is the thing though, they way you talk about "their religion" makes it sound like they have no choice. Just because some of them are wired differently and chose to interpret their Holy Book in a certain way doesn't mean that the whole of Islam is tainted.

A tiny tiny minority interpret it in a violent death cult way. A considerably larger group treat women & gays as second class citizens are anti semitic & follow a religion which unlike Christianity hasn't managed to drag itself out of medieval times yet.

That's the problem with the closed minded view of some on the left - anyone that doesn't want to see Islamification of their country is a neo Neo nazi.

The "Islamification of the UK/Europe" is the paranoid fantasy of every neo-Nazi ****wit. I "don't want to see it" because it isn't happening.

Shari'a courts in particular are laughed at or ignored by the majority of Muslims - they're certainly not destinations of choice for any that I know. But that won't get through your diseased defences. There are fewer than three million Muslims in this country therefore there are, in your bizarro world, three million enemies.

Sharia Mash :lol:

Stevie g, Jimmy d and Chalet summarily throwing around infractions on a chat board has more meaning and impact on 99% of us than Sharia law that when the bizarro bluff is boiled away, amounts to little more than a mediation option for parties who voluntarily agree to it and that, at any rate, cannot contravene English civil and criminal law.

Edited by shurlock

The "Islamification of the UK/Europe" is the paranoid fantasy of every neo-Nazi ****wit. I "don't want to see it" because it isn't happening.

Shari'a courts in particular are laughed at or ignored by the majority of Muslims - they're certainly not destinations of choice for any that I know. But that won't get through your diseased defences. There are fewer than three million Muslims in this country therefore there are, in your bizarro world, three million enemies.

I see your mental health issues are rearing their head again.

Yes it is, but given the millions who do wish to live in peace at least we are talking about a small minority.

Do you think " millions " of them think gays or Israelis deserve the same rights as them to live in peace . What about people who want to publish pictures of the prophet , do " millions "of them respect that right . If John Cleese writes " The life of Mo" will millions of them shrug their shoulders and let him get on with it?

A considerably larger group treat women & gays as second class citizens are anti semitic & follow a religion which unlike Christianity hasn't managed to drag itself out of medieval times yet.

Thats not really true - its got far more to do with local tradition and culture than religion. Muslims and Christians in say, Bangladesh or Nigeria will be more similar to each other than to third generation Bangladeshi or Nigerian immigrants to Europe

Do you think " millions " of them think gays or Israelis deserve the same rights as them to live in peace . What about people who want to publish pictures of the prophet , do " millions "of them respect that right . If John Cleese writes " The life of Mo" will millions of them shrug their shoulders and let him get on with it?

You tell me. How many Muslims round you way are out Gay or Jew bashing on Friday nights? There have been many images created of the Prophet with the illustrator being not being shot. As for John Cleese's supposed book, Salman Rushdie is still with us isn't he? The way you talk you would think that he would have been strung up every time he set foot outside his house. Yes some nutters issued a fatwha against him and how many years ago was that? Not hugely successful I would say. You really do have a warped sense of humanity if you think vast swathes of them have nothing better to do than to wish you dead.

Edited by sadoldgit
sp

Thats not really true - its got far more to do with local tradition and culture than religion. Muslims and Christians in say, Bangladesh or Nigeria will be more similar to each other than to third generation Bangladeshi or Nigerian immigrants to Europe

I'm pretty sure women being forced to cover their heads is something to do with the religion.

There is practically zero cultural tradition of the niqab or burkha in Pakistan or Bangladesh. Wearing shawls among Christian women is decidedly NOT the same thing - that, like the religion itself, is a Western import. In both countries (as in Indonesia), the phenomenal spread of this form of dress has directly accompanied the spread of Saudi-financed Wahhabi ideology in both countries. The only common instances of the face-veiling of women in Mughal India were of high-born women in the ruling courts.

So unfortunately it's down to religion, not culture.

What is also unusual about both Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities in the UK is how un-diverse they are. 75% of all British-Pakistanis are from families from the environs of the Kashmiri city of Mirpur (look up the history of the Mangla Dam to find out why). 97% of all British-Bangladeshis are from families from the city of Sylhet. Both communities here are almost entirely Sunni Muslim. Pakistan and Bangladesh have a much more diverse religious and ethnic make-up. (I've met African-Pakistanis in Sindh and blue-eyed, blonde-haired Pakistanis in Balochistan, as well as Christians, Jews (none indigenous, sadly) and Hindus, and several varieties of Shia Muslim.)

Lots of consequences flow from these diaspora demographics, but one of them certainly is that the deep religious conservatism of the cities of origin has in some instances been magnified in the diaspora. (This is partly because of the difficulty of arranging marriages among a smaller pool, and the diverging functions of arranged marriage between home country and here.) That's the real difference between the two communities here and people from their respective cities of origin.

HOWEVER, only our neo-Nazi friend would deny that very many second and third-generation Mirpuris and Sylhetis have integrated and become successful here - and many are role models, even in professions (like fashion or acting) that wouldn't exactly be high on the list of their traditional forebears. You won't find many niqabs, or advocates for Wahhabism, among this secularised lot... As the generations unfold, this is the future - they are the clear majority even now, over the few benighted idiots tempted by the IS death cult.

It was a rhetorical question dearie - both or either could also have been as a result of mental illness. But hey, a 'terrorist' attack suits the agenda of the powers that be.

I think anyone believing in going to meet the great allah, jesus or some elephant headed being are mental and suffering from some sort of illness

but we cant go and give them all a hug, can we

And you know this how? A man was stabbed to death in Oxfordshire today. Was that 'domestic Islamic terrorism' too?

"This is for Syria".

I could not begin to imagine the absolute glee and excitement from some on this forum if someone did similar but shouted "this is for Jesus".

You tell me. How many Muslims round you way are out Gay or Jew bashing on Friday nights? There have been many images created of the Prophet with the illustrator being not being shot. As for John Cleese's supposed book, Salomon Rushdie is still with us isn't he? The way you talk you would think that he would have been strung up every time he set foot outside his house. Yes some nutters issued a fatwha against him and how many years ago was that? Not hugely successful I would say. You really do have a warped sense of humanity if you think vast swathes of them have nothing better to do than to wish you dead.

Out of interest do you know any Muslims? You seem so keen on defending regardless but I get feeling you may be like a white sixth form student wishing/pretending to be black and from the ghetto.

Hardly a warped sense of humanity for Duck

Out of interest do you know any Muslims? You seem so keen on defending regardless but I get feeling you may be like a white sixth form student wishing/pretending to be black and from the ghetto.

Hardly a warped sense of humanity for Duck

You crack me up Whelk! When I was a kid I wished that I had blond hair but I never wished that my skin was a different colour. Regarding knowing any Muslims, do you know what, I really couldn't tell you for sure. I don't know what religion many of the people I know are because that isn't a big thing for me. I tend to relate to people depending on how we get on, not what religion they are. As for "defending regardless". Do you think it is okay to label millions of people according to the actions of a small minority? Do you really need to know many Muslims to know that the majority are clearly peaceful individuals? Tell me, as you don't seem to think that they are all plotting to kill us either, why do you have a problem with me defending peaceful individuals?

You crack me up Whelk! When I was a kid I wished that I had blond hair but I never wished that my skin was a different colour. Regarding knowing any Muslims, do you know what, I really couldn't tell you for sure. I don't know what religion many of the people I know are because that isn't a big thing for me. I tend to relate to people depending on how we get on, not what religion they are. As for "defending regardless". Do you think it is okay to label millions of people according to the actions of a small minority? Do you really need to know many Muslims to know that the majority are clearly peaceful individuals? Tell me, as you don't seem to think that they are all plotting to kill us either, why do you have a problem with me defending peaceful individuals?

I don't have a problem so much as highlighting you are at pains to dismiss things that are quite worrying to many about Islam. The fact that many are peaceful does not mean that you can deny there is a huge amount of intolerance and that is at odds with our liberal society.

There is a left wing tendency for whatever reason to be far more anti Christian or Judaism yet seems to tend to be supportive of Islam.

Glad I crack you up though.

I don't have a problem so much as highlighting you are at pains to dismiss things that are quite worrying to many about Islam. The fact that many are peaceful does not mean that you can deny there is a huge amount of intolerance and that is at odds with our liberal society.

There is a left wing tendency for whatever reason to be far more anti Christian or Judaism yet seems to tend to be supportive of Islam.

You're not wrong pal. They love being lefties, wear it like a badge of honour. They can be narrow minded hypocrites because they're lefties which means they're open minded and respect everyone's opinions as long as everyone agrees with them. The ones that protest against things are allowed to be violent because they're opposed to violence. They can justify the behaviour of some Muslims because we should tolerate their religion, even though much of their religion is opposed to tolerance. You've only got to look at the nonsense spouted on here regularly by the likes of Bridge Too Far, typing furiously from her middle class village miles away from any mosques that despite the most recent terrorist attacking in London being carried out someone shouting "this is for Syria" the poor bloke might be misunderstood, he might be mental. He needs to be sit down and understood, we should talk to him, help him then send him on his way to be a honourable member of British society.

That'll be a no, then.

Couple of guys reading passages from the bible but telling people in the street they are from the Koran.

Sorry, but this is stupid - a kind of white liberal nothingness. All sacred texts are loaded with ambiguity and contradiction by definition - they wouldn't be sacred otherwise.

The problem isn't the beliefs or tenets as found in the books of a particular religion. It's that gay men are being slung from high buildings, Yazidi women raped, non-Sunni Muslims, and others, beheaded, and 'sorcerers" crucified - all in the name of a particular religion. That religion is Islam - there's no getting way from it. And there's also no reason to think that the brutality is carried out in anything but absolute belief in that religion.

There are far, far more adherents of the religion who do none of these things, lead peaceful, graceful lives - and who believe the exact opposite of IS. Many of these adherents would be the first victims of IS's cruelty.

That doesn't mean there's not a problem with the religion itself - because a religion exists only insofar as it is expressed by the people who claim to believe in it. And some of those people - albeit a quite small minority - are murderers and torturers.

It's why the demand for a reformation from within is rising...

What things am I at pains to dismiss that are worrying to many about Islam? Yes, I find it hard to understand why anyone would get upset by what someone else chooses to ware, but what else? I think I have made it clear that I do not support the terrorists and their actions.

Intolerance is everywhere. This forum is a case in point.

You seem to think I am of a left wing tendency. You could not be more wrong. As for being anti Christian or anti semitic and supportive of Islam, you have missed the point. It is not about being more supportive of one religion over another. I couldn't give a stuff what anyone's religion is. The people that bother me are the nutters that for whatever reason think it is okay to attack other with knives, guns and bombs. To write off the second largest religion on the planet because a small minority of them are murdering bastards only serves to perpetuate the problem. We all need to accept the diversity and differences in our societies and become more accepting of things we do not understand. That is not being supportive of Islam, it is being supportive of all of Mankind that wants a peaceful co-existence. You keep wanting to find a them and us. The us is the majority of people who want to live peacefully and guess what, that includes millions of Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindu, Buddhists, Atheists, Agonostics etc etc

Edited by sadoldgit
sp

What things am I at pains to dismiss that are worrying to many about Islam? Yes, I find it hard to understand why anyone would get upset by what someone else chooses to waer, but what else? I think I have made it clear that I do not support the terrorists and their actions.

Intolerance is everywhere. This forum is a case in point.

You seem to think I am of a left wing tendency. You could not be more wrong. As for being anti Christian or anti semitic and supportive of Islam, you have missed the point. It is not about being more supportive of one religion over another. I couldn't give a stuff what anyone's religion is. The people that bother me are the nutters that for whatever reason think it is okay to attack other with knives, guns and bombs. To write off the second largest religion on the planet because a small minority of them are murdering bastards only serves to perpetuate the problem. We all need to accept the diversity and differences in our societies and become more accepting of things we do not understand. That is not being supportive of Islam, it is being supportive of all of Mankind that wants a peaceful co-existence. You keep wanting to find a them and us. The us is the majority of people who want to live peacefully and guess what, that includes millions of Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindu, Buddhists, Atheists, Agonostics etc etc

My issue isn't with nutty loons that are murderous scum , because that's a given. My issue is with so called " moderates " within this particular religion . Segregated audience , for one thing . Women walking around with burkas on , and I know they can wear what they want , but deep down do they really want to , or do they even know any better . If you conducted a major survey of British God botheres & British Muslims in which their views on homosexuals , women ,Jews & non believers were sought , do you think the results would be similar or do you think a far larger amount of Muslims would be less tolerant ?

If Nigel Farage made Mrs Farage cover her body from head to toe, and only spoke to segregated audiences , Lefties would be spitting feathers , if he converted to Islam you wouldn't hear a peep out of them . Rather than try and ban Tyson Fury from spoty for his pathetic views , he'd be a hero to them if he was a Muslim spouting the same nonsense

Edited by Lord Duckhunter